Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An Open Letter to our CEO

Comments

• Options

Just as well she won't read it then :) I really want to get thousands of Beth's letter on the pitch - anybody else up for this on Saturday?

I am happy for copies to be handed out on Saturday for fans to read. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Leuth said:

They can't not care about results. That would be stupid on a very basic level. I don't think they prioritise promotion, but they'd have to be idiot children to not care about results. They're clearly not quite that.

It's all about the budget. The results are secondary.
  • Options

Does anyone sit in the West Upper?

IF so could you print out 20 copies and then hand them out to the journalist in the press seats.

I'm on the case!
    Good man

And if you have a decent printer could print out some of the Spell it out post.cards too?
    You seen the price of ink nowadays ?

Seriously, I'll cover any printing costs (within reason).
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Leuth said:

They can't not care about results. That would be stupid on a very basic level. I don't think they prioritise promotion, but they'd have to be idiot children to not care about results. They're clearly not quite that.

It's all about the budget. The results are secondary.
    The two are intrinsically connected. As I say, we will see over the next 31 days.
  • Options
    Well done Clive
  • Options
    Excellent stuff Clive.
  • Options
    chilham said:

Lifers may be interested in my own modest contribution to the situation, sent on Tuesday at 1.00pm, 'message read' reply at 1.15pm but silence since...

Hello Ms Meire

Having let the ‘dust settle’ following the disappointing display and result in the match against Wolverhampton Wanderers yesterday, and waited with anticipation for any relevant news on social media sites this morning, I think that now is the time to contact you, in my capacity as a season ticket holder, Valley Gold member and Managing Director of a sponsoring Company, to enquire as to what progress is being made towards the replacement of Mr Fraeye as Interim Head Coach with the permanent appointment of a Head Coach or Team Manager with any proven experience at Championship level who may be able to motivate, coach, manage and otherwise guide the team away from its current precarious position?

My Company is currently first-team shirt sponsor for Morgan Fox, having been kit sponsor in recent years for Chris Eagles, Jordan Cousins, Johnnie Jackson, Phil Parkinson, Darren Ambrose and others, and Match Sponsor for games over the past five years. You will no doubt appreciate that there are benefits of association with a team enjoying degrees of success, but these reduce significantly under present circumstances.

Sadly the ‘present circumstances’ include comments made by your goodself in the video forum with Messrs Peterson and Derval in making comparisons between football/Charlton supporters and customers of restaurants and cinemas. These would indicate some lack of clarity in your perception of the ‘attachment’ of a football supporter to the club that she/he supports, notwithstanding the rights of shareholders. Even those rights are, of course, subject to variation, as I, as a shareholder of Charlton Athletic Football Club, found to my personal cost when shares were rendered worthless ‘at a stroke’ in a corporate re-structure prior to the involvement of Mr Duchatelet.

You will no doubt have heard the spontaneous reaction of the ever-dwindling crowd yesterday when the first goal was conceded – perhaps steps ARE being taken at Board level to address the current situation and growing perception that the owner has little concern for the footballing demise of Charlton Athletic, notwithstanding his investment in The Valley stadium and the training ground?

The courtesy of a response would be much appreciated.

Clive Richardson
    Managing Director
    Solar Broadcasting Ltd
    t/a Solar Radio

Excellently written and being a current shirt-sponsor and season ticket holder I would hope that you at least get the courtesy of a FULL response.
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see if you do. Well done mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice one, Clive.
  • Options

Sir Bobby would have set Katrien straight....

Just perfect
  • Options
    Nice one, Clive.

A letter from the Soul indeed.
  • Options
    ^brilliant use of the minute you're supposed to be downing bubbly in front of fireworks while everyone's trying to shake your hand ;-)
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Sir Bobby would have set Katrien straight....

Just perfect
    Unlikely. She would have dismissed anything he said because he was old.
  • Options
    Love that from sir Bob.

RIP
  • Options

So much I agree with here, and I too was virtually reduced to tears by MuttleyCAFC's contribution. I don't suffer like so many of you. I live miles away and would at most visit the Valley maybe three times a year. But this club is in my heart. And it is in my blood. My grandad supported Charlton from the day they first joined the football league. My mum was at Wembley in 46 and 47. My dad was (genuinely) at the famous Huddersfield match in 1957. He first took me to the Valley 1965, which would also have been the last match that my grandad ever saw (and which coincidentally ended in a dismal 0:2 defeat). I remember wearing a black armband to work one day during the Hulyer stewardship. But I've never felt as devoid of hope as I do today.

So much I agree with here, and I too was virtually reduced to tears by MuttleyCAFC's contribution. I don't suffer like so many of you. I live miles away and would at most visit the Valley maybe three times a year. But this club is in my heart. And it is in my blood. My grandad supported Charlton from the day they first joined the football league. My mum was at Wembley in 46 and 47. My dad was (genuinely) at the famous Huddersfield match in 1957. He first took me to the Valley 1965, which would also have been the last match that my grandad ever saw (and which coincidentally ended in a dismal 0:2 defeat). I remember wearing a black armband to work one day during the Hulyer stewardship. But I've never felt as devoid of hope as I do today.

Tomorrow is a new start ...retain that hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very good RM
  • Options
    Let's state it loud and clear tomorrow, spell it out in black and white. Our club is being broken. We are more than customers, let's make that as obvious as possible. It's time to stand up and be counted.
  • Options
    Great letter RM. Deserves better than it will probably get, and highlights that as fans, we can do stuff when we join forces.
  • Options

Great letter RM. Deserves better than it will probably get, and highlights that as fans, we can do stuff when we join forces.

Thanks @ken_shabby. I am going to publish on other forums as well, so like @bethanyarcher and her open letter we get it out there.
  • Options

Oops, first one changed now.

Does someone have the software to amend this to 'silly Meire' (as in mare) instead of 'cow'?
  • Options
    Sad to say, but if she can't be bothered to show common courtesy to Peter Varney, she's certainly not going to answer letters from customers. With every passing day, her awfulness becomes all the clearer.