Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An Open Letter to our CEO

1235»

Comments

• Options
    chilham said:

Having had no response to my message of last Tuesday, I sent a follow-up reminder today:

Hello again, Ms Meire

Despite having received a ‘Message Read’ reply to the message below at 1.14pm on Tuesday of last week, it is disappointing to note that I have yet to receive your response to the points raised.
    While welcoming the signing of some players to improve the squad, there is still no news regarding the appointment of a suitable permanent Head Coach or First Team Manager?

Hoping for a response at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards

Clive

Clive Richardson
    Managing Director
    Solar Broadcasting Ltd
    t/a Solar Radio
    www.solarradio.com/ Sky 0129

Message sent 3.41pm, Message Read receipt- 3.57pm.
    Breath not being held......

Mmm doubtful if she will ever respond.
  • Options
    I, unsurprisingly, have not received any response to my email above, not even an acknowledgment of receipt. Therefore I have sent a reminder this morning-:

Good morning Ms Merie

I am disappointed not to have even had an acknowledgement of receipt of the email (below) let alone a response. It is this kind of attitude that now seems to be the new way at CAFC - If we ignore them they will go away!! I can assure you Ms Merie, I will not be going away.

Kind Regards
    Malc Walden
  • Options
    I am not surprised at the lack of response from our owners. Having worked for a Belgium company for many years, I know they are very good at telling you what to do.They do not listen to your opinion and ignore you most of the time.
  • Options
    We need to accept Meire will not be communicating with anyone not on her side, that includes fans, sponsors and commercial partners. It's pointless even expecting her to. However, we should keep bombarding her with emails and letters or she will think we don't care any more!
  • Options
    Perhaps someone should send an email with positive feedback

Example:

I'm so impressed with the new infrastructure at the valley, the sofa idea? Genius! Did you think of that yourself? I'd be keen to know if there are any other similar ideas in the pipeline as this has hugely improved my match day experience.

Of course, this is complete bollocks, but it would be interesting to see if she responds.
  • Options
    chilham said:

Having had no response to my message of last Tuesday, I sent a follow-up reminder today:

Hello again, Ms Meire

Despite having received a ‘Message Read’ reply to the message below at 1.14pm on Tuesday of last week, it is disappointing to note that I have yet to receive your response to the points raised.
    While welcoming the signing of some players to improve the squad, there is still no news regarding the appointment of a suitable permanent Head Coach or First Team Manager?

Hoping for a response at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards

Clive

Clive Richardson
    Managing Director
    Solar Broadcasting Ltd
    t/a Solar Radio
    www.solarradio.com/ Sky 0129

Message sent 3.41pm, Message Read receipt- 3.57pm.
    Breath not being held......

This good stuff Clive.

I realise that you are probably a busy man, but if you are able to repeat the emails to squirrel face every Monday until you get a reply would be very interesting to see how long you repeat the process.

Actions speak louder than words, or in this case, no words!
  • Options
    I wonder if she's still there.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    andyg90 said:

Example:

I'm so impressed with the new infrastructure at the valley, the sofa idea? Genius! Did you think of that yourself? I'd be keen to know if there are any other similar ideas in the pipeline as this has hugely improved my match day experience.

Of course, this is complete bollocks, but it would be interesting to see if she responds.

Or perhaps something that at first glance is very complimentary, and will undoubtedly bring a smile on to her pretty little face.... before delivering a massive sucker punch at the end.
    Dear Ms. Meire,

I am so sorry to hear of your recent plight with a small group of my fellow fans who are acting as a thorn in your side during your rather impassioned stewardship of our club. In fact, it's with great disappointment that I'm beginning to see various news outlets covering the rather unfathomable acts that this small percentage of the fan base are conducting.

However, the real reason that I'm writing to you is to question future initiatives such as the successful family fun day that the club recently ran - will there be any more in the future? I ask because I'd like to share with you a story that I feel may spread a smile on your face at what must be an incredibly stressful time, and perhaps it's something you could remember when times are tough.

I recently had the pleasure of looking after a young orphan boy, named Oliver. I knew I had to plan something special to spread some cheer across his face, so I took him to The Valley. As a life long fan who had his own passion handed down from his father, I thought it rather symbolic that I should try and pass my passion down to this young boy who has no father of his own.

It was largely a great success, and I began telling him stories about when I was his age and I would sit in the stands watching some of my favourite players, singing terrace chants and eagerly awaiting my half time chips - it's been a habit I've kept ever since. Alas, I digress - and I appreciate you're a busy women with no real interest in history.

The day with Oliver seemed to be perfect, and I wanted to share with you the truly special moment when the full time whistle blew. Little Oliver looked up at me, and with the first smile I've seen on his innocent face, he said to me "Maybe I'm better off without a dad, if yours made you watch that shower of sh!t your whole life".

Keep up the good work,
    x

P.S - You're a c..
  • Options
    Not sure about the P.S. , Lucky.

But otherwise, great !
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

andyg90 said:

Example:

Or perhaps something that at first glance is very complimentary, and will undoubtedly bring a smile on to her pretty little face.... before delivering a massive sucker punch at the end.
    Dear Ms. Meire,

I am so sorry to hear of your recent plight with a small group of my fellow fans who are acting as a thorn in your side during your rather impassioned stewardship of our club. In fact, it's with great disappointment that I'm beginning to see various news outlets covering the rather unfathomable acts that this small percentage of the fan base are conducting.

However, the real reason that I'm writing to you is to question future initiatives such as the successful family fun day that the club recently ran - will there be any more in the future? I ask because I'd like to share with you a story that I feel may spread a smile on your face at what must be an incredibly stressful time, and perhaps it's something you could remember when times are tough.

I recently had the pleasure of looking after a young orphan boy, named Oliver. I knew I had to plan something special to spread some cheer across his face, so I took him to The Valley. As a life long fan who had his own passion handed down from his father, I thought it rather symbolic that I should try and pass my passion down to this young boy who has no father of his own.

It was largely a great success, and I began telling him stories about when I was his age and I would sit in the stands watching some of my favourite players, singing terrace chants and eagerly awaiting my half time chips - it's been a habit I've kept ever since. Alas, I digress - and I appreciate you're a busy women with no real interest in history.

The day with Oliver seemed to be perfect, and I wanted to share with you the truly special moment when the full time whistle blew. Little Oliver looked up at me, and with the first smile I've seen on his innocent face, he said to me "Maybe I'm better off without a dad, if yours made you watch that shower of sh!t your whole life".

Keep up the good work,
    x

P.S - You're a c..
    That's not the Charles Dickens I remember.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok - so below is the transcript of my latest dealings with the sponsorship office. I had planned to work with CAFC this year on some film marketing/sports marketing initiatives... but naturally have changed my mind in recent times.

Good Afternoon Spencer,

Thank you for your reply. While I can only appreciate your frustration and understand your motivations, I would like to say that the club is indeed willing to listen to its supporters and has engaged in initiatives recently for fans of the club to be able to voice out there views constructively.

As per the sporting side of things, I would hope the activity of Charlton Athletic Football club during the recently open transfer market could be seen as a sign of the determination from management to support the team towards presenting a more competitive display on the pitch and bring the team back to a position more appropriate with the ambition of the club and its supporters.

I truly hope the situation improves here so we are able to be in a better position to engage with businesses like yourself.

In the meantime, I wish you all the best for this coming year.

Dear [intentionally deleted]

Given the current situation at Charlton, I have no wish to support the club with monies, as the club’s management have no wish to listen to its supporters “or customers”.

Regards
    Spencer

Good Afternoon Spencer,

I hope you’re well.

First of all, I’d like to wish you and your team a very happy New Year!

Secondly, I was hoping to get an insight from you as to whether you were still keen to use our facility and its assets for your own commercial needs, as previously discussed with [intentionally deleted]

I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
  • Options
    " I would hope the activity of Charlton Athletic Football club during the recently open transfer market could be seen as a sign of the determination from management to support the team towards presenting a more competitive display on the pitch and bring the team back to a position more appropriate with the ambition of the club and its supporters."

And there we have the line which will be used in the statement later.
  • Options
    TWO LOANS of ex players - one we didn't deem good enough six months ago and one who didn't deem us good enough!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hi all, again I have just sent, this morning, the letter below to Ms Meire ( 3rd letter now in 10 days), lets see if I get a response to this one-:

Good morning Ms Meire

I am once again disappointed to see that I have not received any response or acknowledgement to my two previous emails sent on the 1st and 7th inst.
    I find this highly rude and incompetent that as a 'customer' I'm not afforded a response or an explanation to our current situation and what is being done to rectify this.
    As an aside, I had cause to contact the KP group last Sunday via email as my wife had bought a defective product. As a 'valued customer', their words not mine, they responded via 'old fashioned mail' within 3 days and refunded me my money, the key word here being customer, which I believe is how you now address Charlton supporters?
    Anyway I digress, after yesterdays embarrassing capitulation to Colchester Utd, who, I am sure you are aware, are some 23 places below us in the League pyramid, I would now presume that as CEO of CAFC and your remit to ensure that the club are competitive and that your 'customers' are enjoying the 'product' you are supposed to deliver, then Mr Fraeye will now be relieved of his duties with immediate effect and replaced by a FULLY experienced Championship manager?
    As a customer I am not happy with the product you are serving up and it would appear that I'm not alone, I would refer you to the two demonstrations which took place at The Valley last Saturday and the dissatisfaction expressed by ALL of your customers during yesterday's football match (the product).
    As this is now my third email in 10 days, perhaps you will have the decency to respond and explain to someone who as a 'customer' is very annoyed and extremely disappointed with the product?
    When a CEO losses their customer base, and sales/results decrease as per Mr M. Bolland from Marks and Spencer earlier this week, they do the honorable thing and resign, is this your thought pattern as well?

I look forward to a full and frank response.

Yours Sincerely
    Malc Walden
  • Options
    She thinks she is doing a good job mate!
  • Options
    mogodon said:

" I would hope the activity of Charlton Athletic Football club during the recently open transfer market could be seen as a sign of the determination from management to support the team towards presenting a more competitive display on the pitch and bring the team back to a position more appropriate with the ambition of the club and its supporters."

And there we have the line which will be used in the statement later.

We've signed a guy who can't get a game in India, and two loanees that couldn't get a game at other Championship clubs. I actually think (or certainly thought before yesterday) that Poyet at least was a good addition but let's not pretend that this represents any real statement of intent!