Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton ready to offload prized assets to balance books

Comments

• February will see the team line up of...

Pope
    Barnes ... Lennon ... Yao ... Edwards
    Charles-Cook ... Konsa ... Lapsile ... Koc
    Ahearne-Grant ... Umerah

Pope
    Ahearne-Grant ... Umerah

thought Pope was off to Millwall?

Pope
    Ahearne-Grant ... Umerah

thought Pope was off to Millwall?
    Good point Goalkeeper will have to be Mitov
  • And so it begins!
  • And so it begins!

?
  • That's unlike us

Pope
    Ahearne-Grant ... Umerah

Probably take us to mid table, winning in the youth leagues breeds confidence
  • Sponsored links:

• this is the relevant piece from the article ..

Charlton latest

Charlton are ready to offload some of their prized assets next month as they battle to balance the books.

The struggling Addicks, second-bottom in the Championship, want to raise at least £2m in January and prepared to sacrifice some of their stars to bring in some much-needed money.

Though the Charlton board risk further angering their fans, who are already protesting against owner Roland Duchatelet and the current regime, with their fundraising plans.

They are desperate for striker Tony Watt’s loan move to Cardiff to become a permanent one, bringing in around £1m.

Highest earner and winger Johann Gudmundsson, in-demand teenage starlet Ademola Lookman and striker Igor Vetokele are among those who could go too.

Charlton are bracing themselves for January bids for Lookman from Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea and could now cash in to ease their money worries.

But the sale of the 18 year-old academy product in particular would be an especially controversial decision and crank up the animosity towards the board from Charlton fans.

Supporters unhappy at the running of the club are planning a fresh protest after Saturday’s home clash against Nottingham Forest.

Getty
  • Yep definate asset stripping before he tucks off, as they ain't short of cash, the hard up part Is bollocks
  • mogodon said:

Every day things just get better and better. I expect Meire to announce a revolutionary ground-sharing with Crystal Palace any day ....

Or Lookmans off to Palace !
  • mogodon said:

Every day things just get better and better. I expect Meire to announce a revolutionary ground-sharing with Crystal Palace any day ....

Or Lookmans off to Milwall!
    More realistic!!
  • And so it begins!

?
    RD asset stripping the playing staff to recoup losses before he makes his exit! I eluded to this in a post on another thread.
    Pretty much what he did at Liege.
  • Selling the youth, the future is Duchatelet's way of getting back at us for protesting. He's playing hardball hoping we'll back off
  • no they won't sell our young players as Mr Murray said they wouldn"t need to with the investment of RD !

We don't have to sell our Youth though... Roland is just choosing to sell our Youth.

Thats the difference when KM explains it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazing.... but this will get worse before it gets better....

He is an unscrupulous so and so and his unhapiness is a defining truth that is driving him to trying to destroy other peoples...

In short he is a moron , but now we are all clearly behind his exit and we can see him and his disgusting, witch of a CEO for what they are then it is a matter of time before they all clear off and clear out ....

• If true, this isn't a surprise. RD is probably planning to sell as much as he can in January and keep the money before he offloads the club. He has previous - ask Liege.
  • Smart move. Sell the players now when they have a 'reasonable' value as opposed to next year in league 1 when they will be worth f... All.
  • If and it's a big if. The sale of some players is a prelude to selling up and getting out then as sad as it would be to lose Lookman and others I would take the hit.

My own view is that he has no intention of selling up. Money raised from the sale of Watt and anyone else will be partly reinvested but overall a net saving.

I think Roland still thinks he can succeed by reducing costs at every level.

Can't see things ending soon or well.
  • edited December 2015
    Gordon Brown Roland Duchatelet announces firesale of gold players, thus leveraging himself into a much worse position when negotiating the price, no doubt advised by failed economist Ed Balls failed lawyer Katrien Meire.

Same article with the names changed. Lazy journalism.
  • If true then we're in serious trouble. Hopefully it ends with him taking the money and leaving.
  • mascot88 said:

If we have to go down to non league to get him out so be it....

This is so dark and his grubby, dirty hands on our club... that has to be the way, then that has to be the way, I'd rather a Charlton I can recognise in the very lower leagues and a chance to rebuild with actual humans again...

It pains me to think of it this way but I actually couldn't agree more.....

• This is from the Metro people, they report a lot of bullshit transfer rumours