Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton ready to offload prized assets to balance books

Comments

• Options
    If this is true I would suggest if RD thinks he's got a bit of trouble now, he'll have one hell of a shock of whats likely to come should Lookman and/or JBG go. As I said elsewhere we are being run by a man who is either mentally unstable or thinks he can win a losing battle then the war!!
  • Options

Smart move. Sell the players now when they have a 'reasonable' value as opposed to next year in league 1 when they will be worth f... All.

So it is, in effect, an admission from the club we are going down?
  • Options

If this is true I would suggest if RD thinks he's got a bit of trouble now, he'll have one hell of a shock of whats likely to come should Lookman and/or JBG go. As I said elsewhere we are being run by a man who is either mentally unstable or thinks he can win a losing battle then the war!!

You misjudge him. He is simply arrogant on a Donald Trump scale (just look at RD's failed political ambitions for evidence). So he sees this as good business AND he will bring in youth players from elsewhere in his empire to spur us on to greater things.
  • Options
    I'd take relegation and selling Lookman, JBG etc if it meant we start again without RD and KM. Let's be honest JBG may be a good player on his day but when did he last have his day? Lookman is young and although has potential I think him moving to a PL club won't be a great move on his part just yet.

There is such a high turn around of playing staff these days I told myself not to get too attached to any players since Yann was sold.
  • Options
    I'd take asset stripping and relegation to get Varney him and this lot out
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Smart move. Sell the players now when they have a 'reasonable' value as opposed to next year in league 1 when they will be worth f... All.

Personally I think it is exactly that if true. He will not get value in the lower league for these players and it reduces the wage bill prior to relegation.
  • Options

mogodon said:

Personally I think it is exactly that if true. He will not get value in the lower league for these players and it reduces the wage bill prior to relegation.
    Which also means we will only look to sign Division 1 players in January, or hope to get some others on loans until the end of the season. Any how will the fragrant Ms Meire spin that?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Every day things just get better and better. I expect Meire to announce a revolutionary ground-sharing with Crystal Palace any day ....

That's not a bad idea actually.
    Their ground is not in good shape and will require millions spent on it to bring it up to 1980's standards. They don't own adjacent land to their ground and may have difficulty obtaining safety certificates for the wooden shed side.
    This could be the way forward for modern football, sharing stadium costs. Maybe as we don't need so much ticketing office space they could bunk up in there with the nhs.
    The "customers " of Cryhstal Palarse are well served with transport links, empty roads, only 2 changes of trains and the good old express 75 bus.
    You never know Belgiums don't care about history.
  • Options
    So let's say Watt is nailed on as a £1m departure, then if Roland only managed to get another million for Lookman, JBG and Vetokele then surely he'd have to win some kind of bad businessman award. Only raising a million for those three would be one step away from swapping them for some magic beans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok so not sure you can really asset strip a club that successfully. If you take money out, people pay less for the club.

Also, if you sell Lookman or JBG, the number of season ticket renewals plummets to around 30.

• Options

Ok so not sure you can really asset strip a club that successfully. If you take money out, people pay less for the club.

Also, if you sell Lookman or JBG, the number of season ticket renewals plummets to around 30.

Please get on message will you. This time next season we will be attracting 20,000 for each home game. It must be true. That woman said so.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Please get on message will you. This time next season we will be attracting 20,000 for each home game. It must be true. That woman said so.
    We probably woud be............under Varney.
  • Options
    At the last VIP meeting Katrien stated that the club had no more money worries. Now we have to balance the books by selling our best players. Strange.

• Options
    cafc999 said:

At the last VIP meeting Katrien stated that the club had no more money worries. Now we have to balance the books by selling our best players. Strange.

That's why there are no problems - the academy is their treasure chest
  • Options
    Our owner has over £500m why does he need to sell any of our players?.
  • Options
    What's this 'journalist's' track record and credibility ?
  • Options
    I thought we normally give players away in January anyway, so nothing new here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be staggered if we get a million for Watt. He's worth it on his day , but where would Cardiff find that kind of cash ?
  • Options
    How's that Naby Sarr Sporting Lisbon buy back clause looking?
  • Options
    ''They are desperate for striker Tony Watt’s loan move to Cardiff to become a permanent one, bringing in around £1m.''

Really intelligent of RD releasing this, Cardiff will probably lower their offer to £500,000
    and get him for that. No other football club could be so stupid!!
    Is this down to Meire?
  • Options
    edited December 2015

The bloke writing the article knows nothing, he heard the £1mil for watt figure from the SLP and the demand for Lookman from various papers. He then put two and two together and assumed we must be going bust.
    With this he added Gudmundsson and Vetokele because they were good last year.

Could well be right.

Igor isn't even playing.
  • Options
    I would expect to be able to get £1.5 to £2m for Watt in all honesty.
  • Options

I'd take relegation and selling Lookman, JBG etc if it meant we start again without RD and KM. Let's be honest JBG may be a good player on his day but when did he last have his day? Lookman is young and although has potential I think him moving to a PL club won't be a great move on his part just yet.

There is such a high turn around of playing staff these days I told myself not to get too attached to any players since Yann was sold.

It would appear Watt is playing much better at Cardiff. Our club is sapping the energy and confidence of a good number of players at the moment. JBG will do a lot better somewhere else, as will Lookman and indeed Fox (if anyone will take him). I've just read on Twitter that Moussa is off back to Coventry on loan. What's the bet he'll go there and never tweak a muscle and score a hatful of goals?
    In short, we are an absolute joke of a club now. Other clubs are circling above is like vultures. Our prize assets are being picked off. However, I'm hoping the gruesome twosome take themselves off back across the Channel after this and 2016 is the start of a better era. Happy New Year.
  • Options
    Did Meire not hint at sales at the q and a? Said purchases of £9m but sales only £2m so she has some way to go.