Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton ready to offload prized assets to balance books

13»

Comments

• Options
    If we are actually cash-strapped then we should reluctantly agree to RD cutting his losses and selling us. As long he takes that wretched woman with him.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

''They are desperate for striker Tony Watt’s loan move to Cardiff to become a permanent one, bringing in around £1m.''

Really intelligent of RD releasing this, Cardiff will probably lower their offer to £500,000
    and get him for that. No other football club could be so stupid!!
    Is this down to Meire?

The purchase price was agreed as part of the loan.
  • Options

And so it begins!

?
    RD asset stripping the playing staff to recoup losses before he makes his exit! I eluded to this in a post on another thread.
    God I hope you are right.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

If we have to go down to non league to get him out so be it....

This is so dark and his grubby, dirty hands on our club... that has to be the way, then that has to be the way, I'd rather a Charlton I can recognise in the very lower leagues and a chance to rebuild with actual humans again...

I agree completely, sod it. If it meant we could have sensible owners I would have us in League 2 any day. Things have got that bad.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    colin1961 said:

So if this is the case why are we signing a player from middlesboro ???

• Options
    colin1961 said:

A player who has been injured for the best part of 2 years, yes Colin, that doesn't sound like RD at all does it....
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Because regardless of selling players even nut job Roland realises we do need to replace and plug some existing gaps. The net result once the dust has settled will have been a net gain on the balance sheet.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    J BLOCK said:

I'd take asset stripping and relegation to get Varney him and this lot out

But how long is Varney's investor going to wait ? I thought he was interested in investing a A football club not necessarily us ? We could miss the boat & douche bag wouldn't care who he sold us to.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

You having a laugh, firstly its only rumor that we are signing this bloke and secondly, if its true, its only on loan!! Not embedded value to RD at all!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We could sign Messi I still wouldn't get excited all the time coco the clown and his circus are in charge.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

You back again?
  • Options
    HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHappy New Year to all the knuckledraggers
  • Options

February will see the team line up of...

Pope
    Barnes ... Lennon ... Yao ... Edwards
    Charles-Cook ... Konsa ... Lapsile ... Koc
    Ahearne-Grant ... Umerah

thought Pope was off to Millwall?
    Not sure any of your players would get into our team at the moment to be honest. ;-)

P.s. Happy new year everyone, from the dark ages..

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Yes I'm excited about Robbie Mustoe too. Be good to know the sale of Lookman is well and truly covered
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Our owner has over £500m why does he need to sell any of our players?.

I THOUGHT EVERYONE UNDERSTOOD.

HE DOES NOT WANT TO LOSE MONEY ON CHARLTON. HIS AIM IS TO BREAK EVEN, WHICH MEANS NOT LOSING MONEY.

HE WILL ACHIEVE THIS BY SELLING OUR PLAYERS. HE NEEDS TO ACHIEVE ABOUT £5M WORTH (NET) OF PLAYER SALES EACH YEAR IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. PROBABLY MORE LIKE £10M IN LEAGUE 1.

HE HAS NO INTEREST IN FOOTBALL.

HIS BUSINESS IS TRADING FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

There's a far easier way to break even, keep your money under the mattress.