Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet anybody???? (ed. on loan for rest of season)

Comments

• Options
    I'm happy to open up the JC v DP debate again.....
    DP for me !
  • Options

I know i'm going to get pelters for saying this , but i'm really not looking forward to the next 5 months of the season, having the all being passed sideways and backwards , i was pleased when Diego went, but not at the manor of his departure (ie no fee) i really hope i'm wrong.

Have you not been watching for the last five months? ;)
    I have , and we've mainly punted the ball forwards aimlessly. :-0

• Options

I know i'm going to get pelters for saying this , but i'm really not looking forward to the next 5 months of the season, having the ball being passed sideways and backwards , i was pleased when Diego went, but not at the manor of his departure (ie no fee) i really hope i'm wrong, sorry if i've upset anyone.

I don't think you are alone in thinking that.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm thinking of doing that one as well. Happy memories there for Harriott who I saw score and grab us a 1-0 not long after he broke into the team three seasons ago. Button had a very good game in goal that day.
  • Options
    Glad he is back. Not keen on the way he left; however I am being selfish I do not want us to be relegated. Had enough misery as it is.
  • Options

I know i'm going to get pelters for saying this , but i'm really not looking forward to the next 5 months of the season, having the ball being passed sideways and backwards , i was pleased when Diego went, but not at the manor of his departure (ie no fee) i really hope i'm wrong, sorry if i've upset anyone.

arguably we have been doing that for some time
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Whilst this is a good move, good player and all that, it's so frustrating that this happens every January and appeases a few fans before the circus starts again in August.

We are in a relegation fight and need players for crying out loud
    That's ADL's point, not about the player but the recruitment system and squad set up. The recruiting system and make up of the squad before the season starts surely isn't working? Start of season club brings in the type of players it wants, we're in a relegation battle come January, club brings in players to survive it didn't want previously, end of season get rid of those type of players, new season assemble type of squad they want, we're in relegation battle come January,.... rinse n repeat......
    Some fans will be appeased that players are brought in in January without being able to, or wanting to, see the bigger picture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jordan all day long more of a alround player than poyet. for Chris Powell back love him but no. To defensive curbs back yes but not going to happen unless Varney sorts out takeover.
  • Options
    These signings arent exactly showing a bucket of imagination.

Not a fan of DP after the manner in which he left but he was one of the better players in a shite team for that half a season. I'm not excited by this, particularly as it's yet another loan and he's been crap since he left, but it's another player on the books I suppose.

Meh
  • Options

I'm happy to open up the JC v DP debate again.....
    DP for me !

Wagstaff without any question!!
    Don't anyone mention Danny Green and Wagstaff in front of Henners ffs.........
    Oops :wink: .
  • Options
    Welcome back , hope he makes difference as our midfield has been consistently shit all season
  • Options
    ----------Hendo
    Solly - Bauer - Johnson - Williams
    ----------Poyet
    ---Cousins------Jacko
    JBG----------------Harriott
    --------Lookman

When everyone is fit doesn't look bad to me
  • Options

Agree with the backwards and sideways passing. Rarely forward - but maybe that was the team at the time. Happy to give him a second chance and hope he can put his passing skills to good use but in a forward direction!
  • Options
    edited January 2016

E-cafc said:

Tom Hovis is on the next Ryanair from Oslo.

Have we the dough to afford him ?

Yes that rumour does sound a bit half-baked

I bet Mark Warburton would sign him up

He would be a sandwich short of a picnic to turn that down.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

----------Hendo
    ----------Poyet
    ---Cousins------Jacko
    --------Lookman

take lookman and JBG out. they'll be gone in a couple of weeks. Harriort will go back to being inconsistent. Johnson will be having a mare as he did before. cousins will be completely knackered as will Jackson and solly. Bauer will probably keep getting suspended. Daddy Poyet will take his son away as the unrest around the club will hurt little Poyets delicate feelings and by that point we'll be relegated. cannae wait.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

----------Hendo
    ----------Poyet
    ---Cousins------Jacko
    --------Lookman

Nice...

I'd go with a similar line up, dropping Jacko for Makienok to play up top.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

----------Hendo
    ----------Poyet
    ---Cousins------Jacko
    --------Lookman

Would swap Lookman for Makienok or Vaz Te... Lookman can battle Harriott for the spot on the Left

With Reza coming off the bench
  • Options
    Nah, just not funny tho
  • Options
    The only reason Poyet would often pass sideways or backwards was because it was impossible for the likes of Marvin Sordell and Simon Church to get into positions where he could provide them service.

I don't necessarily know if we have solved that problem completely, but I'm excited to see him work with the likes of Lookman, Harriott and Gudmundsson.
  • Options
    Perhaps Poyet needs us more than we need him at the moment.

He wasn't playing much at MK and he won't get into the hamsters side.