Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rhys Williams on initial loan

Comments

• Badger said:

Boro fans don't think he's fit enough to last 90 mins, also very injury prone.

Sounds like our kind of player, should fit right in!
  • <

or with a view to a longer term deal?

No such thing in KM/RD world.
  • <

or with a view to a longer term deal?

No such thing in KM/RD world.

Interim is the phrase they use.

• Come on. We carry the protest outside; its not this guy's fault. Lets give him all our support and really really hope he can assist in a win today. Stay positive in the ground and support the team and especially new players. Outside and separate from the players is our protest. It is NOT their problem to solve. However if we go one down and we all stand up again then so be it.
  • What a coup. I was almost about to break my 7 match exile. But decided against it.
  • Support the players, protest about the regime, even during the game, can do both.
  • Get him in for 60mins... Hopefully we can get a lead on Forest (Who havent won away since September)... Get someone else on in his place to protect the lead rather than chasing a match
  • edited January 2016
    Leuth said:

I'm going to boo him until he goes off injured

What you going to do for the other 89 mins (:

Seriously, let's hope the lad can stay fit. Interesting first game for him, he'll wonder what he's let himself in for. He might end up outside the west stand protesting himself come 5pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get him in for 60mins... Hopefully we can get a lead on Forest (Who havent won away since September)... Get someone else on in his place to protect the lead rather than chasing a match

Well at least one run will be over today :(
  • edited January 2016
    Won't get injured on the bench... No sense deviating from the winning Sarr/Lennon partnership.
  • Good luck Rhys. Being available for loan doesn't necessarily mean he's no good. I know of a club in the relegation zone that have loaned out their best striker.
  • Best of luck to Rhys
  • Let's hope if he gets on he gets through however long he's on unscathed..
  • Nothing against Williams personally, hope he does well here and may well turn out to do so, but looking at the signing on paper, as plenty have already said, it seems totally nonsensical for us to be signing an injury prone player fighting back from a serious injury. If he breaks down again after two matches we are back to square one.

Absolutely no lessons are being learnt by the club right now.
  • Got to play him first.
  • So if he does play all we are doing is getting him fit for Boro. Genius.
  • I understand peoples displeasure at most things charlton right now, but I car share with a boro fan, said he is quality...when fit. If we can keep him fit he will be a brilliant signing. Hopefully we can!
  • Sponsored links:

• Very vocal, could be good for us.
  • edited January 2016
    1StevieG said:

Looked good. Barking out the orders when he came on to keep it tight and made use of the ball when he had it.

I noticed that. It's funny that something so simple and obvious - COMMUNICATION- was so clearly lacking before. Within seconds he was barking orders. Isn't that the role of a captain?

• My 14 year old son ever the optimist picked up on how he came on and organised things.
  • SexyDave said:

I understand peoples displeasure at most things charlton right now, but I car share with a boro fan, said he is quality...when fit. If we can keep him fit he will be a brilliant signing. Hopefully we can!

My Middlesbrough mate says Williams is a very decent, ball-playing centre-back. Rates him highly (and typically of an ex-pro, doesn't normally rate too many!)
  • Echoing others about Williams really but I was impressed. Straight away he was shouting at Makienok to close down and organising those around him. Just a shame he'll probably be gone as soon as he's match fit.
  • edited January 2016
    Middlesbrough really seem to be missing him though dont they? - Hopefully he's signed on a month loan that'll just keep getting extended
  • Middlesbrough really seem to be missing him though dont they? - Hopefully he's signed on a month loan that'll just keep getting extended

It makes sense for all parties, Williams needs the game time and with our squad, he definitely won't be rotting on the bench!