Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What will Peter Varney be thinking now.....?

Because, if I was him, I would be chuffed to bits that thousands of Charlton fans are excited by the idea of me taking over, chanting my name at protests. I would also be pulling out all the stops to eyeball RD directly, bypassing the puppet muppet completely.

And, by the way, I would be offering Airman his choice of role, COO, Marketing Director, Chief Rabble Rouser, whatever.

Comments

• Options
    What's the quickest way for a football chairman to become a millionaire?

Be a billionaire
  • Options
    I thought it had been made quite clear Varney has no intention of returning to Charlton?
  • Options

I thought it had been made quite clear Varney has no intention of returning to Charlton?

Perhaps he would just broker the deal..
  • Options

Perhaps he would just broker the deal..
    I'm sure I read in one of Airman's posts exactly that, although if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.
  • Options
    As I say, I could be wrong, but I'm sure I remember Airman saying PV had no intention of returning, he currently works for Ebbsfleet, they are a team with super money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Id have stuck it on Lennon myself
  • Options
    Move forward not bloody backwards ..... getting sick and tired of the old guard wanting back in they did not stop the last lot from starting the rot that is sweeping thru the club at the moment
  • Options
    He has made his move and now he has lit the blue touch paper he needs to wait for the firework to explode.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Because, if I was him, I would be chuffed to bits that thousands of Charlton fans are excited by the idea of me taking over, chanting my name at protests. I would also be pulling out all the stops to eyeball RD directly, bypassing the puppet muppet completely.

And, by the way, I would be offering Airman his choice of role, COO, Marketing Director, Chief Rabble Rouser, whatever.

Airman - CEO, No question.
  • Options
    Airman for Chairman :)
  • Options

Airman for Chairman :)

Prefer 'Rick the Brick'. It's got more of bad boy ring to it.
  • Options
    Where oh where are the conspiracy theorists when you don't need them?
  • Options

Where oh where are the conspiracy theorists when you don't need them?

Yeeees.... Funny, that. What are they up to?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he would be thinking that when he is trying to broker a deal he should never allow confidential exchanges to get out as it could hinder any chance of doing a deal in the future.
  • Options

I popped into the cafe next to Stonebridge road this morning (used to be the Plough pub). Varney was chatting to some nerdy looking yank called Bill. I overheard him saying to "get the deal done at all costs in the next week" as he needs the transfer window and he loves windows.

No idea who it was though...........

@tangoflash at the prospect of being 'whoosed' is this fact or fiction?
    Red, for one I doubt whether Varney would be holding his meetings in a cafe in Stonebridge and secondly, he is talking about a very rich American called 'Bill' who likes 'Windows'.

Does that ring any bells?

If not I think you can take it from me that it's a tune up. ;-)
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

masicat said:

I think he would be thinking that when he is trying to broker a deal he should never allow confidential exchanges to get out as it could hinder any chance of doing a deal in the future.

Let's be fair, this was a calculated risk by Varney and he knew full well what he was doing.. and I applaud him for that, even if it was incredibly risky. He got a reaction too with the SLP article shortly afterwards saying Roland wasn't going to sell the club anytime soon, and he also managed to pour a lot of petrol on the fans anger at the current owners. If it wasn't for PV, and Rick's extremely well timed release of those emails, then I don't think we'd be seeing quite as much anger as we currently are.

Roland wasn't going to talk him, neither was Katrien as CEO - he had nothing to lose with this specific deal so went for the nuclear option. If anyone questions his trustworthiness in the future he can always try and talk his way out of it - "I thought the fans deserved to know, and I have a close emotional bond with that club due to my time and service there. As you may have noticed in the press - the fans are being treated appallingly and the club is being ruined, I felt maybe I could help bring a positive change about."
    Are you saying Airman Chairman & Reg made it up to give the protest more oomph?
    (Just a conspiracy theory)!
  • Options
    ......thank god Roland is not going to sell because i aint got no money....something along them lines i expect OR Phewwwwww!
  • Options
    Burning bridges is a very risky strategy. However, I like Varney and wish him all the best.