Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What will Peter Varney be thinking now.....?

Comments

• Options
    I suspect the PV boat has long sailed :0(
  • Options
    He doesn't owe them RD and KM any loyalty seeing as they messed him around big time. They really handled that terribly and it has bit them up the backside.
  • Options

This is not the case, although it may well be sailing past soon.
    Appreciate you can't say much, but is PV still trying to get to RD?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Appreciate you can't say much, but is PV still trying to get to RD?
    PV had better sail to Belgium then
  • Options

These articles about Roland not being prepared to sell (i.e the SLP, and today the The Standard) - reckon it could be some games between the two of them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cheered me up. Thankyou.

• Options
    edited January 2016

This means we have to step it up
    sorry to trouble you @AirmanBrown.....are you aware if PV has, since you published those emails, had any contact from KM or RD? or conversely has he tried to contact them again by going directly to RD and cutting Km/RM out?
  • Options

Are you saying Airman Chairman & Reg made it up to give the protest more oomph?
    (Just a conspiracy theory)!

If there was no truth in it I think the pair of them would have received solicitors letters by now
  • Options
    I hope Varney hasn't given up that's all I'm saying.

And also that Meire is a complete bitch that ain't got a F*ckin clue.
  • Options

sorry to trouble you @AirmanBrown.....are you aware if PV has, since you published those emails, had any contact from KM or RD? or conversely has he tried to contact them again by going directly to RD and cutting Km/RM out?
    AFAIK no contact.
  • Options
    I thought RM told you he would contact him. Yet another lie?
  • Options

AFAIK no contact.
    Ok Thanks @airmanbrown..bit disappointing but understandable I suppose
  • Options

I popped into the cafe next to Stonebridge road this morning (used to be the Plough pub). Varney was chatting to some nerdy looking yank called Bill. I overheard him saying to "get the deal done at all costs in the next week" as he needs the transfer window and he loves windows.

No idea who it was though...........

@tangoflash at the prospect of being 'whoosed' is this fact or fiction?
    Red, for one I doubt whether Varney would be holding his meetings in a cafe in Stonebridge and secondly, he is talking about a very rich American called 'Bill' who likes 'Windows'.

Does that ring any bells?

If not I think you can take it from me that it's a tune up. ;-)
    I don't care if Bill Gates wants to buy us, and spend £100m on new players, I'm still not upgrading to Windows 10
    I quite like Windows 10.

In fact I like any windows more than those that have Katrien's face staring out of them.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited January 2016
    RD has no plans to sell and, being the control freak that he seems to be, he will be even more obstinate if he is being pushed by a bunch of fans and a former Board member who is also a Charlton fan. That's how I view it anyway. So, things need to be done to change his mindset. Hit him where it really will hurt him. Find that weakspot (we may already have) and keep on jabbing. Bingo, knockout.
  • Options
    @Airman Brown Do you know what sort of timescales we are talking about when you say it may be sailing past?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

@Airman Brown Do you know what sort of timescales we are talking about when you say it may be sailing past?

The January transfer window is a big factor. I'm not saying that it would be easy to manage a takeover even with a willing seller in that timeframe, but there may be mechanisms that could be used to secure investment in the team. The main problem with any takeover is that RD is unlikely to get his money back in League One or with that risk hanging over the club. Equally, PV's investor may decide to direct his attention to another club.
  • Options
    PV is too involved with Ebbsfleet, it seems if he's involved then it's more likely he's introducing someone to RD. He won't ever be properly involved.
  • Options
    Instead of Reg trying to broker the deal why don't the bods with the idea/spondoolies give the Belgium a bell and cut out the middle man that's appears to be the blocker?
  • Options

PV is too involved with Ebbsfleet, it seems if he's involved then it's more likely he's introducing someone to RD. He won't ever be properly involved.

Maybe Ebbsfleet was just a toe-dip experiment for his backers and now they're ready to move onto a Football League club with bigger potential. I'm assuming they could temporarily own both clubs as Ebbsfleet aren't a Football League club. Or is it a separate group of investors we're referring to here @Airman Brown ?
  • Options
    PV will probably be thinking how potentially, in 2 seasons time, we could very well be playing Ebbsfleet and he'll have the last laugh then!
  • Options

Maybe Ebbsfleet was just a toe-dip experiment for his backers and now they're ready to move onto a Football League club with bigger potential. I'm assuming they could temporarily own both clubs as Ebbsfleet aren't a Football League club. Or is it a separate group of investors we're referring to here @Airman Brown ?
    The Ebbsfleet owners have sanctioned a multi million pound redevelopment of the ground & are also heavily involved in the paramount park development. Far from a toe-dip experiment
  • Options

The Ebbsfleet owners have sanctioned a multi million pound redevelopment of the ground & are also heavily involved in the paramount park development. Far from a toe-dip experiment
    All I can tell you is that PV's input here would not affect his role at Ebbsfleet.
  • Options
    For a takeover to happen then due diligence would have to take place. As we all know this is not a five minute exercise. Add this to rumours of suspect dealings by RD (The Tony Watt transfer) and I suggest it might take even longer.

You could also throw into the mix that the 'Group / Person' being introduced by PV might just wait and see if we get relegated and try and buy us at a knock down price.

All of this also depends on RD wanting to sell, and of course RM not getting in the way (Allegedly)

I am not in the know for the record
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

For a takeover to happen then due diligence would have to take place. As we all know this is not a five minute exercise. Add this to rumours of suspect dealings by RD (The Tony Watt transfer) and I suggest it might take even longer.

You could also throw into the mix that the 'Group / Person' being introduced by PV might just wait and see if we get relegated and try and buy us at a knock down price.

All of this also depends on RD wanting to sell, and of course RM not getting in the way (Allegedly)

I am not in the know for the record

Agree on all accounts, but especially about relegation. I was thinking this earlier actually, what would I do if I wanted to buy a football club?

If you're going to buy a club then you're going to do your research, and there is an interview with Katrien where she says L1 is essentially unsustainable for Charlton. She's Roland's mouthpiece, so this must reflect Roland's view.

Why didn't Roland do this himself back in 2014? Most likely because he understood, like above, the financial repurcussions of relegation - and as we know, he see's that as unsustainable. It wasn't in his interests to buy a L1 club.

Not to mention the sounds coming out of CAFC in late 2013/early 2014 suggested we would go under were a buyer not found quickly. This meant the club was being aggressively mentioned with regards to being up for sale, hence the different potential buyers we kept hearing about.

Roland is quite capable of continuing to finance us until relegation - in which case there's no point buying the club now. Hope that Fraeye and Meire continue on this path, wait until relegation in June and make another approach - knock a couple of million off of your original offer. Sell the players who wont want to play in League One - coincidentally the more valuable players - (JBG, Bauer, Reza? etc) and your left with the money from sales + the couple of million saved on the initial purchase to fund a promotion pushing team - most likely with some change leftover..

The only drawback to that plan is that you then have to re-invest in Championship players a year later if you do succeed with the promotion push. It's certainly a gamble in case we miraculously stay in the Championship, and it's a gamble in case Roland has a fire sale; but you're investing in a football club - you clearly enjoy gambling.
  • Options

Forgot about that part!

All I can tell you is that PV's input here would not affect his role at Ebbsfleet.
    Good to hear.