Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powerpoint response to our CEO

124»

Comments

• Options
    Superb - makes you cringe listening to her.
    Dreadful woman completely out of her depth but still manages to be arrogant.
    Nug they should get you to do the club's PR!
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited January 2016

I must say, having just watched the Katrien Meire clip about fans/customers; I think people have taken it a bit out of context.

She is clearly commenting upon the difference between the relationship a fan has with a football club and the relationship a fan might have with any other business. I don't think she was saying the fans at The Valley are just customers. Sorry.

I agree with you on this point, but her problem is she spoke as if fans would never see a video from a "Web Summit" shared on social media.

It's still a good presentation.

Never seen the "all were right decisions" video before - the grin on her face is unbelievable. Both that and the "Charlton experience" quote are damning.
  • Options
    She is so arrogant that I do not feel she can even consider she is wrong. Her comments are so misguided that she is the danger to the club. Probably the worst person in the hierarchy of the club in my 53 years supporting Charlton.
    Efforts already focuses on getting her out , this must continue.
    Let's follow her logic. Do you buy a top restaurant and make the kid heating up burgers from McDonald's be the Head Chef? Think on KM.
    The question that needs asking and answering behind her comments and attitude is "what are your objectives in owning/ managing Charlton"
    Richard Murray knows how to run a football club, why is he keeping quiet?
  • Options
    @Nug I think everyone has already said it, but absolutely brilliant work. Didn't realise who had done it when I retweeted it last night, but will try getting it out to a few more today.

I have to sit through an awful lot of (awful) presentations and that is without doubt one of the best I have ever seen at really delivering a powerful and very personal message.
  • Options
    Over 1800 views already ...
  • Options
    IA said:

I must say, having just watched the Katrien Meire clip about fans/customers; I think people have taken it a bit out of context.

She is clearly commenting upon the difference between the relationship a fan has with a football club and the relationship a fan might have with any other business. I don't think she was saying the fans at The Valley are just customers. Sorry.

I agree with you on this point, but her problem is she spoke as if fans would never see a video from a "Web Summit" shared on social media.

It's still a good presentation.

Never seen the "all were right decisions" video before - the grin on her face is unbelievable. Both t.
    Totally agree the grin is unbearable. She looks so hopelessly insecure, it's uncomfortable to watch.
  • Options
    Bump. Compulsory viewing & sharing.
  • Options
    Shit the bed, 176 likes.

82 Retweets on twitter as well.

This as well as many other people posting their own links to the video.

@Nug You really have captured everyone here.
  • Options
    I think the most telling part of that are her comments about the managers. That was such a ludicrous defence and comment, that was when I lost any regard for her abilities.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @AFKABartram what's the record amount of likes for a single post
  • Options
    Chunes said:

whatever it is, this deserves to beat it
  • Options
    Spot on for me, just hope we can regain our club.
  • Options
    Currently 187 likes. That's only 2% of non boycotting supporters.
  • Options
    Sensational Work. The wider this can be shared the better once again. It would be interesting to see if some football related TV Shows would be interested in picking this up and even showing parts of it. Does anyone have contact with Football Focus etc?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

This one :-(

I'll be back.....
  • Options
    mogodon said:

But I strongly agree with everything else people are protesting about.

That someone supposedly with the knowledge to run a football club cannot appreciate why those who turn up each week for decades have more of an affinity, and therefore, in their minds, a stake, in that club than customers of a restaurant just underlines why she is not fit for purpose. That she thought that would not get back to the club because she said it in Ireland underlines her stupidity.
    She has previous in relation to this type of stupidity. If I was the owner I'd tell her to shut up. Actually, I'd sack her but I wouldn't be surprised if RD has told her to shut up. When was the last time we heard anything from her?
  • Options
    Sublime Nug; you are a Golden Nugget, a power point Wizz kid,
    concise, and clear; Katrien is hung by her own Petard( to quote the Bard)

Thou bitter sweet, i can say ?
    That was the best 3 minutes i've enjoyed, since i was 20 on Weymouth Beach,
    with a 19 year old French girl, who's Papa owned a cheese Factory in Lyon.
    The only problem is when i'm offered Camembert or Brie de meaux
    i still get a hard proud all these years later :blush:
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    hadn't seen the interview footage before, i remember some guy sending her flowers after the whole fan on a train fiasco ha.

pair of rodents her and rat features roland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sublime Nug; you are a Golden Nugget, a power point Wizz kid,
    concise, and clear; Katrien is hung by her own Petard( to quote the Bard)

Thou bitter sweet, i can say ?
    That was the best 3 minutes i've enjoyed, since i was 20 on Weymouth Beach,
    with a 19 year old French girl, who's Papa owned a cheese Factory in Lyon.
    The only problem is when i'm offered Camembert or Brie de meaux
    i still get a hard proud all these years later :blush:

Sam, I'm going to buy you a beer one day. Your posts are always entertaining in a kind of nice, weird way. it's like (I imagine) being on drugs. (Or maybe you are?) :smile:
  • Options
    Brilliant, Nug, as ever! She makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up in repulsion! If one of my students used the 'kind of' expression in their presentations, I would seriously be worried and penalise them. In fact, they would know better! Coupled with her, 'real football experience' expression, I realised that she has learnt clichés and little else about being a CEO of a football club. I wonder if she is 'sick as a parrot' or got 'bouncebackability' yet? Heaven help us all that she studied for a degree course.
  • Options
    Only four short of 200. Would love to know what the 2 lols are for.
  • Options
    200 up.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Only four short of 200. Would love to know what the 2 lols are for.

I think it's brilliant @Stig but it did also make me laugh in a few places, as it so simply ridiculed the rubbish our "highly qualified" CEO has been spouting. I'd LOL it as well as Like if I could :smile:
  • Options
    @Nug - A Powerpoint that Dave Gorman would be proud of! He is a man who really knows his Powerpoint!
  • Options
    Just saw this on the other thread, excellent work, Really like the Kid in the valley card at the end.
    Make an excellent poster. Top work
  • Options

Superb work..