Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Airman Brown's Evening Standard Interview Today

Comments

• Options
    People can get ill or die of food poisoning can't they ?
  • Options

3blokes said:

I reckon they think we have got a bloody cheek making a fuss over things we just don't understand. Maybe that is why KM looked so aggrieved at Me14 in the lounges when he dared to raise the matter with her. And grassing them up across every media we can find is just the final straw I would imagine.
    Because they have been exposed by their own words, I think they have decided not to say anything at all. The high handed say nowt approach might be safer in the short term, but ultimately it means you have probably already lost the argument. And when you do decide to start communicating again you have a mountain of disregard to climb.
    Maybe running a football club and being a flitter flutter CEO is not as straightforward as they imagined. RD did acknowledge it was a "complicated" business as the SL supporters were rioting all about him, but he does not come across as being someone who understands that he may be completely wrong about things sometimes.

I'm actually a she!!! Perhaps that is what she didn't like - another woman speaking to her.
    My apologies Me14! Typically old sexist supporter here....:-(
  • Options
    The blinds are down and no one is at home to comment. Charlton Athletic 2016
  • Options
    their position has been made clear many times in my view
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

mogodon said:

As a semi-retired journalist, I can assure the club that the one way to guarantee hostile coverage is to blank the press. They will smell a story, and if you refuse to play ball then there will be a lot of those opposing you who will readily speak.

Agreed. It's hard to see why they wouldn't go on the record saying that the club is not for sale, if nothing else, if that is true.
    Out of interest Airman were you contacted for comment or did you contact the paper in response to their piece yesterday or neither?
    All of the (five) interviews I've done have come out of people contacting me, although I did send out a media briefing note on Saturday morning to try to create some understanding around events about to unfold.

As the trust is not willing to align itself with the protests their board members are not able to act as spokespeople, but there is a dialogue including some of them and various other people involved in the protests and I've already said to them today that other voices need to be heard, which we all agree on.
    Absolutely. The trust not getting behind this publicly could be damaging.
    They are dropping the ball a bit at the moment to be quite honest, very disappointed.

That said, I appreciate that they need to gauge member opinion and so on... but these protests started on the 7th November.
    There is only one reason the press are getting behind this imo. And that is because of the excellently attended protest on Saturday.

For the SUPPORTERS trust to say they are not 100% behind it is very disappointing. It may even give credence to the Belgian witches 2% claim.
  • Options
    just don't agree, and this has been covered many times on here in recent weeks

the huge protest shows exactly why it isn't the problem you make it out to be

not saying its an ideal situation, but there are many strings to the supporters bow including this site

• Options
    edited January 2016

About time the trust got off the bloody fence and I say this as a trust member.

I believe that the mandate given to them by members was for dialogue ...until they meet KM, I assume that stays in place.

Having said that, I have no idea when or if a meeting has yet been agreed.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    kentred2 said:

Is there a way for us members to get new board members for the Trust? I am concerned they may weaken the protests by behind the scenes appeasement with Miere and Murray

Prospective board members are invited to stand at the AGM, you've just missed this years (November). There might be some sort of mechanism for an EGM but I've got no idea what that entails.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

PL54 said:

People can get ill or die of food poisoning can't they ?

Don't tempt me, back to ignore mode.
    Good on 'ya
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    razil said:

Actually @razil, with all due respect and sincerety, I've been entirely unaware of their position until about 5 minutes ago. I've been on CharltonLife pretty much constantly recently what with the protests and various bits of news, and similarly I've been monitoring a lot of social media - i.e Twitter. Something tells me I may actually be keeping my finger on the pulse a bit more than the average fan at the moment.

I'll let you know how I found out their position 5 minutes ago; I checked their website. To be completely fair, - there are a few articles on the main page, and I've bookmarked them and will read them when I'm on the train home. Then again, perhaps I shouldn't have to go on to their website and purposefully check for their position though?

Maybe I'm wrong, but when thousands of supporters of a given football club are protesting - and many individual fans have given their views on the radio - I expect to know the position of their Supporters Trust without having to dig it out myself on their website? I really would've expected to have been made aware in other ways; how come I know the views of individual fans (Olly, Mike and others from the radio for instance) but not our own Supporters Trust? (I may remember an article from around Boxing Day - I'm not sure if that was from The Trust. However, I certainly cannot remember its content.)

I understand the Trust are no doubt running another survey or something similar to gauge member feelings: but given the extremity of this situation I still find the silence and lack of action to be deeply disappointing.

Now isn't the time for starting an argument internally, that plays in to the hands of the regime, so I'm not trying to start one. However, I'm offering my personal point of view - not only as a concerned Charlton fan, but a lapsed trust member who didn't renew his membership because.. well, he found it relatively easy to forget the trust even existed.

The Trust, as an idea at least, is a very important concept and organisation. However I fear it could be doing a bit more to be relevant and providing a voice.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I believe that the mandate given to them by members was for dialogue ...until they meet KM, I assume that stays in place.

Yeah, that's a brilliant policy right there.

Katrien is really talkative at the moment isn't she? She just loves engaging with different fans..

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    @LuckyReds they have a weekly subscription service and you don't even have to be a member

http://www.castrust.org/news/subscribe/

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

razil said:

Actually @razil, with all due respect and sincerety, I've been entirely unaware of their position until about 5 minutes ago. I've been on CharltonLife pretty much constantly recently what with the protests and various bits of news, and similarly I've been monitoring a lot of social media - i.e Twitter. Something tells me I may actually be keeping my finger on the pulse a bit more than the average fan at the moment.

I'll let you know how I found out their position 5 minutes ago; I checked their website. To be completely fair, - there are a few articles on the main page, and I've bookmarked them and will read them when I'm on the train home. Then again, perhaps I shouldn't have to go on to their website and purposefully check for their position though?

Maybe I'm wrong, but when thousands of supporters of a given football club are protesting - and many individual fans have given their views on the radio - I expect to know the position of their Supporters Trust without having to dig it out myself on their website? I really would've expected to have been made aware in other ways; how come I know the views of individual fans (Olly, Mike and others from the radio for instance) but not our own Supporters Trust? (I may remember an article from around Boxing Day - I'm not sure if that was from The Trust. However, I certainly cannot remember its content.)

I understand the Trust are no doubt running another survey or something similar to gauge member feelings: but given the extremity of this situation I still find the silence and lack of action to be deeply disappointing.

Now isn't the time for starting an argument internally, that plays in to the hands of the regime, so I'm not trying to start one. However, I'm offering my personal point of view - not only as a concerned Charlton fan, but a lapsed trust member who didn't renew his membership because.. well, he found it relatively easy to forget the trust even existed.

The Trust, as an idea at least, is a very important concept and organisation. However I fear it could be doing a bit more to be relevant and providing a voice.
    A little bit harsh to criticise an organisation for being silent on the subject of the protests when by your own admission they have a number of links / articles / opportunities to contribute to the protests on the first page of their easily accessible website. That sounds like hypocrisy to me.

As a founder of the Trust alongside @razil I completely agree with you that supporters Trusts are incredibly important, and increasingly so as English football continues to change, however as a board member until very recently I appreciate there really is a complicated role to play and I think they're playing it fairly well.
  • Options
    razil said:

@LuckyReds they have a weekly subscription service and you don't even have to be a member

Strange, I thought I stopped receiving them when my membership lapsed I thought. I must've unsubscribed.

Please don't think I'm anti trust by my previous posts, I just genuinely think they should be playing a more active role in all of this and communicating their thoughts a bit wider.

The effort of the trust is appreciated, or would be if we knew more about it!
  • Options
    Chunes said:

stonemuse said:

I think the general feeling is that the trust are at risk of making themselves irrelevant to the fan's direction. Fair enough some time ago people voted for dialogue, but circumstances change, and if an organisation can't pull themselves together and change course when they do, well then they are irrelevant.
    (My bold)

Precisely; incredibly succinctly put.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

razil said:

Strange, I thought I stopped receiving them when my membership lapsed I thought. I must've unsubscribed.

Please don't think I'm anti trust by my previous posts, I just genuinely think they should be playing a more active role in all of this and communicating their thoughts a bit wider.

The effort of the trust is appreciated, or would be if we knew more about it!
    not sure but you can resubscribe as a subscriber only I believe
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    LuckyReds said:

razil said:

The very fact that the trust aren't at the forefront of protests etc is actually a bonus imo having read what they share with us on here.

Surveys, lip-service, courting Katrien for 'dialogue' TWO YEARS AFTER it was obvious what was going as soon as they sold our best player and bought in that non-league keeper when we already had two, and started PLAYING him! No rollicking whatsoever at the 'powerpoint' meeting.

One of them is even mates with Murray FFS. We would be a lot weaker (and not in as half as strong a position as we are now) with them at the helm.