Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U21 today.

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

A very weak changed team and still Ansah cannot get in the starting 11

Maybe he's starting in the Kent Cup Final game?
  • Options
    U21 play-off semi today at 1pm vs Sheff Utd. Can't make up my mind whether to brave the bank holiday traffic at the Dartford Crossing or not. Decisions, decisions...
  • Options
    Will be there, but will park in normal matchday 'free' area- LBG wardens not always compliant with free parking on bank holidays! (In the 'old days' you could squeeze into the West Stand car park for these games!)_
  • Options
    Jordan Cousins is here watching. He shouldn't be allowed to go clothes shopping on his own! Jesus wept, what is he wearing!
  • Options
    HT CAFC 1 (Thomas) SUFC 0
  • Options

CHARLTON U21S | Mitov, Staunton, Konsa, Thomas (c), Edwards, Dijksteel, Charles-Cook, Aribo, Kennedy, Hanlan, Umerah

CHARLTON U21S SUBS | Beeney, Barnes, Lapslie, Ansah, Ahearne-Grant

• Options
    cafcfan said:

U21 play-off semi today at 1pm vs Sheff Utd. Can't make up my mind whether to brave the bank holiday traffic at the Dartford Crossing or not. Decisions, decisions...

If you're north of the Thames, why not go East Thurrock v Dulwich Hamlet, the play off decider ?
  • Options

Jordan Cousins is here watching. He shouldn't be allowed to go clothes shopping on his own! Jesus wept, what is he wearing!

You should have seen the ridiculous hat he wore last night...
  • Options
    Yeah that hat was quite something. Still, at least the Mohican has gone.
  • Options
    1-1. Absolutely farcical penalty decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Please, explain.....

Trying to follow the the thread, why, who, how......

Wha'appen ?
  • Options

Please, explain.....

Trying to follow the the thread, why, who, how......

Wha'appen ?

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 16m16 minutes ago
    60' Umerah does brilliantly to hook the ball away from the Utd striker but the referee gives penalty. It's a terrible decision #cafc
  • Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Bloody refs are amazingly bad these days! Even in the prem where they are ment to be top notch
  • Options
    Losing 2-1 in ET. Horror show at the back.
  • Options
    Referee?
  • Options
    Follow

Charlton Athletic FCVerified account
    @CAFCofficial
    123' Terell Thomas is red carded #cafc
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 13s13 seconds ago
    FULL TIME | Charlton U21s 1 Sheffield United U21s 2. The Blades advance into the PDL2 play-off final #cafc
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Booo

Well done lads. Sounds like you were done by a dodgy pen.
  • Options
    Sounds like we were done over by a dodgy ref. Shame
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sheffield Utd come good at last unfortunately.
  • Options
    Some excellent football played. Shame the referee's performance didn't match that of the players. He was appaling. The penalty never was, he missed loads of decisions including 3 times when the linesman was flagging for us being offside and he missed and wasn't in a position to see. We responded well and were having much the better of the game until Thomas made a dreadful back pass from which they easily scored. Extra shame on Thomas who would have been my man of the match up until that point. Sheff Unt defended well and we didn't have the cutting edge to break them down despite some good build up play.
    Loads of skill on display by people in red shirts though - nice to see.
    Didn't see the sending off, was a big melee right at the end when their came and caught a high ball into the box. Keeper then made a good save from a KAG free kick.
    Good game spoilt by poor referee
  • Options
    Scrappy game that the U21s probably didn't deserve to lose. Undone by the most ridiculous penalty decision I've ever seen and a moment of madness from Tyrell Thomas.

Had a few chances but you never got the feeling they were going to equalise.

Hanlan looked pretty good and Dijksteel and Aribo have something about them. None of them are anywhere near the first team though.

What on earth has happened to Karlan Ahearn-Grant?

Sheffield Utd were a horrible cynical bunch who were time wasting from the 1st to 120th minute.

Probably worth going just to witness the 22 man bust up at the end. Charles-Cook was going apeshit and Mitov ran the length of the pitch to pull hin away.
  • Options
    Bad luck, lads.

Not the Fanackapans' fault this time though as we couldn't be there.
  • Options
    MOG.

I went to East Thurrock.

Windy.

Like in Cricket winning the toss was handy.

East Thurrock deserved it, place was heaving, probably approaching two thousand.

Nice to see a game where both teams approached it like it really mattered, I was disappointed with the result, but enjoyed it more than some Charlton wins this season.
  • Options
    Unlucky lads! Keep your heads up
  • Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options

It's called fashion .....
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

It's called fashion .....
    If that's fashion I'm SO glad that I'm old, wrinkly, and have no fashion sense...
  • Options

Sheffield Utd come good at last unfortunately.

It's started :smile: