Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester v Charlton | Sat 09 Jan | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Igor had zero impact for the U21's so i'll say it now... I'm underwhelmed by his return, but being a Charlton fan I'm fickle so if he scores he is our saviour.
  • Options
    Should we risk our only right back, Solly in a cup match against lower league opposition. Oh, yes, he is our only Right Back so we have to. Well done KM, masterstroke move again!

Reckon we will win given how poor Colchester appear (going purely in their league position admittedly), we are better than evens so am tempted.
  • Options

Should we risk our only right back, Solly in a cup match against lower league opposition. Oh, yes, he is our only Right Back so we have to. Well done KM, masterstroke move again!

Reckon we will win given how poor Colchester appear (going purely in their league position admittedly), we are better than evens so am tempted.

Or we use a youth?
  • Options
    Many teams play a second string team in the FA Cup, including Charlton in recent years. Under Fraeye, all our teams seem to be second string teams so who has any clue at all what to expect?
  • Options
    0-1 win for us, Just squeak it
  • Options
    Igor hat trick ...lose 5-3
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    9 goal Thriller ?

Charlton win and fans vote to Boycott next cup game.

CAFC get drawn at home to Man United and United and Tourists fill out the 27K.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Never have I wanted us to lose a game so much. Very few positives to be had from winning, in fact I can only see negatives:

- slight relief of pressure for Roland
    - more money for Roland
    - Katrien will claim our new signings are turning the tide
    - extra game for our already paper thin and wholly inadequate squad
    - we probably get even more spanked in next round
    - even if we get through and get a mouthwatering exciting game in next round, we will inevitably get hammered anyway and with no chance whatsoever of getting anywhere and my current apathy I would get very little enjoyment from it anyway.

This is an opportunity to ramp the pressure up even more on the Belgian scum without significantly harming our survival chances (team morale excepted). If i could choose the score line, I'd pick 7-0 to Colchester.

#rolandout #belgiansout #sellup #outoutout
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Macronate said:

Fraeye will start with a perpendicular, nocturnal, reverse fisting, slumber kill formation.

the intention will be to lull Colchester into thinking we have a credible Head Coach who has managed in La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga and not the Peruvian Paddington Bear 2nd divison, the Falklands Junior League and the Belgian 3rd division.

we will lose and Fraeye will say it's the customers' fault for being nasty to him.

You have also read the "Janet and John go into football management" book haven't you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    I would expect a 0-1 Charlton win, and a laughable statement from Carol afterwards about how we fought bravely and held on for a win against difficult opponents. "We did not underestimate them" he says, "I believe this is the turning point in our season".
  • Options
    I'd rest Solly.

A cup run would be nice but the league is more important. We have to try to stay up and Solly is a vital part of that.
  • Options
    Well Olli Muldoon won't be taking part in our match tomorrow

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/oliver-muldoon-loan-transfer-championship-league-two-2888489.aspx

Yet he is allowed to play against Everton for Dagenham, going to be an awesome experience for the lad but its a shame that he's had to drop to the bottom of League Two after being on loan @ Gillingham last season
  • Options
    I can't get the 3-0 disaster out of my head from a few years back.
    2-1 COL U
  • Options
    Mark Lawrenson on the BBC has predicted a 2-1 win for us
    While Charlton are in trouble at the bottom of the Championship, their opponents Colchester are in a similar situation at the bottom of League One so I cannot see an upset happening there either.
  • Options
    Will be there not sure what team he will put out. 2-0 defeat.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Even in current form, can't see us losing this against a side a division lower and also having a bad time unless Fraeye decides to show how clever he is by resting players. Won't be pretty and won't be easy, though. Confident of a 3-0 win to give a spot of cheer before the gloom resumes.
  • Options
    We really shouldn't lose this one. Nervy 2-1 win
  • Options
    I am going to this, besides it being a purpose built stadium set aside a green field, by the A road...... and a massive car park, anybody been there?
    Are there any local pubs?...... in walking distance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I am going to this, besides it being a purpose built stadium set aside a green field, by the A road...... and a massive car park, anybody been there?

Not near the ground. If you're getting the train head south on to North Station Road. By time you get to the river you'll have passed a few.

Cab from there then a half hour walk afterwards to the station I reckon. The Bricklayers looks half-decent for sipping a pint or three until your train comes.
  • Options
    Fear not fellow Addicks, Fraeye's technical nous, Belgium 3rd division knowledge and legendary man motivation skills will keep the score down. 2-1 to Colchester and another step forward for the Board...
  • Options
    Charlton still have a number of injury concerns, with Patrick Bauer set to remain sidelined for most of January and Ademola Lookman sitting out with a hamstring complaint, while Ahmed Kashi continues his rehab after a successful operation on his Achilles.

Tareiq Holmes-Dennis will serve his one-match ban following his red card against Nottingham Forest last Saturday, but there could be a return to action for Alou Diarra who has resumed training having picked up a bruised foot on Boxing Day.

Igor Vetokele played his first game since September on Wednesday afternoon, getting 45 minutes under his belt during the U21s' Premier League Cup victory over Brentford at The Valley, and he could be in contention to make an appearance at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, while the now-fit Cristian Ceballos will be pushing for involvement.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-colchester-united-fa-cup-preview-2889122.aspx#6poSlsBBjWwF6UMB.99
  • Options
    I have a feeling this will be a close game - 2-1 to them.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Not near the ground. If you're getting the train head south on to North Station Road. By time you get to the river you'll have passed a few.

Cab from there then a half hour walk afterwards to the station I reckon. The Bricklayers looks half-decent for sipping a pint or three until your train comes.
    Thanks....... Hopefully I will get a lift to the stadium, although I might get dropped off at the city centre.? Had not realised it is pretty isolated from the town.......
  • Options
    I am hoping for a stress free afternoon watching the lads give them a thrashing. A 5-0 win will set us up for a steady climb up the league. COYR's.

And this before a pre match pint or two!!
  • Options
    Just made a last minute decision to go and have ordered tickets to collect at the box office. Katrien please note. Colchester's online booking system is very user friendly.

Looking at the seats available we are very close to selling out. Blocks behind the goal were only offering seats in the front two rows.
  • Options
    FA cup matches can be very hard to predict but not even we can lose to a lowly team in League 1? Can we?? No 2-0 to Charlton with a trip probably to Boro in R4!
  • Options
    Not wanting to win this game means people have lost the plot in my opinion. Keep the protests outside of the players domain else you really will be unsettling them. Lets support the team even if we are not there.