Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester v Charlton | Sat 09 Jan | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hoping for a draw, then tickets in the West to get up close and personal to KM and RM.
  • Options
    1-3 to the Red and White Army (Black & White) then an away draw against Fulham where the 7000 away fans can chant "get them out" for the duration of the match and KF has to walk past us to get to the dugout.
  • Options

FA cup matches can be very hard to predict but not even we can lose to a lowly team in League 1? Can we?? No 2-0 to Charlton with a trip probably to Boro in R4!

No! only to non league teams
  • Options
    Crowd of us going and I got all the match and train tickets. However, one has already bought his match ticket and another has already got his train ticket, so I have a spare train and match ticket if anyone's interested - £40 the pair - leaving Stratford at 11.09, open return if anyone's interested....
  • Options

I have a feeling this will be a close game - 2-1 to them.

Agree - 4-0 Colchester win
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Rhys Williams, signed on loan from Middlesbrough last weekend, joins fellow loanee Diego Poyet and Roger Johnson, who both returned to The Valley on Monday, in the 18-man squad to take on the League One side at the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

“We don’t have too many injuries other than the Ahmed Kashi and Patrick Bauer. Alou Diarra has been running, but he will miss out also.

Meanwhile, Fraeye explained that the Addicks will approach Saturday’s cup match with some balance, with Tuesday’s league encounter at Huddersfield Town in mind.

“We have to put out a team to beat Colchester, but we have to keep both eyes on Tuesday’s game at Huddersfield,” said Fraeye.

“We’ve tried to make a balance and I’m confident that the team we put out tomorrow will be the team to beat Colchester.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-colchester-fa-cup-team-news-2891244.aspx#KLW4JlxXTSCbjIGI.99
  • Options

“We’ve tried to make a balance and I’m confident that the team we put out tomorrow will be the team to beat Colchester.

So basically the dregs of a team and another early cup exit to lower league opposition then
  • Options
    It is going to be very close......very close indeed! Colchester are favourites in my book!
  • Options
    Sounds like Igor will be on the bench then
  • Options
    Keep an eye out by all means; practice passing and scoring so we may actually win. Play your best side and put subs on at 5 nil up just before half time.
    i expect all three loanees to start as none are match fit. Gudders just back and needs to pick up the pace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The idea that a win at Colchester will be a kickstart for our campaign in the Championship is sweet, but wrong.
  • Options
    It's easy to make a case for all three results. Knowing Charlton, we will get a draw, then get a plum tie at home to Arsenal or the like, then lose the replay at home. Fraeye will explain that over the two ties we outplayed Colchester but some defensive lapses let us down. However, he will be positive as we showed good energy. He will add that the protests which started in the 85th minute as the fifth goal went in were ridiculous.
  • Options
    I just hope that the 1700 that go today get behind the team, leave the venom for the west stand car park.

I love the FA Cup and will be right behind them today.

Need to score first..
  • Options
    I'm excited.

It's great that Charlton still does that to me on the morning of travel to a game.
  • Options
    I think we'll win this 2-0 actually. The idiot KM might think that's enough to placate us, and hit us with the announcement that KF is new full time manager until end of 16/17 season and 3 new free transfers are on their way in.

'We know we've made mistakes but we're confident that KF has the ability to turn the team's fortune round......'

Yeeeeaaaahhhh right
  • Options
    3 - 1 win for a re - shuffled side.

Poyet MOTM
  • Options
    Poyet will tighten up the defense, so

0-0.
  • Options
    Charlton to utilise their in-depth squad strength and field the premier league stars of the future
    1-1
  • Options
    Just stuck some money on us. We're fecked.
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing who Roland picks to play today . At least it can't be a younger team than usual . Most Junior Reds don't have the full strip yet ! I'm going for 3-1 win for us and a lucky draw on Tuesday . COYR !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If their isn't one Chorus of "Varney Army," today
    I will be Discombobalated.
    Can't make it today but will go to Hull next week to Make my voice heard.
    Be Proactive not reactive.
  • Options
    Discombobulation must be better than Reverse fisting, so 3-1 to us.