Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IS IT TIME FOR A MATCH BOYCOTT ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I suggest a 1 match Boycott if Meir isn't sacked and then continue it if they fail to do it until she is gone.
    Sack Meire or We Boycott.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    On the one hand You could argue that by not attending you are not supporting Charlton properly but au contraire I say to you that by Boycotting you would not be supporting Rolands Regime. So what if you have a ST. A one match boycott will be worth it to show them we cannot be shat upon anymore. I say put the ball in their court and demand Meire be sacked or we Boycott.
  • Options
    Has to be the 5 minute thing. First 5 minutes like Bayern did. But needs everybody. So the game kicks off with an empty stadium (bar away end). Blackburn perfect as they wont have many fans anyway. Just for 5 minutes everybody stands outside, singing and chanting (the side will still be able to hear this, will probably be louder than the normal atmos), and this will generate more media attention. Then everybody including season tickets can go in and watch the game and get their 'money's worth' (as if) and still support the team. So nobody loses out but a big impact.

But has to be everybody. Pointless doing any sort of boycott, full game half game or 5 mins, with only a proportion doing it. I'd happily, along with others, stand at the entrances asking people unaware to join in and wait for the first 5 mins to pass before entering. Could do it outside ground on street, or inside on concourse.
  • Options
    Remember divide and rule, and who they will try and blame if we go down
  • Options
    razil said:

Remember divide and rule, and who they will try and blame if we go down

Well that we would make them look more incompetent than they are already.
  • Options
    Well after the RM interview it is clear there is to be no change , where are we heading. As long as the fans ( customers ) ' support the team but not the regime ' nothing will change
  • Options
    se9addick said:

If you were really looking to organise one, the fixture by far the most likely to be successful (and I think you'd need to set your expectations as to what success would look like because you'll never have a scenario where no Charlton fans turn up) would be a cup match at the Valley.

Next Suggestion ?
  • Options
    Next time we are losing 2 nil at home, everyone walks out. Let's face it there isn't a hope in hell of us coming back from 2 goals behind these days. So everyone did their bit, they turned up, supported the team but got no reward as usual. So nothing to feel guilty about.
  • Options

Has to be the 5 minute thing. First 5 minutes like Bayern did. But needs everybody. So the game kicks off with an empty stadium (bar away end). Blackburn perfect as they wont have many fans anyway. Just for 5 minutes everybody stands outside, singing and chanting (the side will still be able to hear this, will probably be louder than the normal atmos), and this will generate more media attention. Then everybody including season tickets can go in and watch the game and get their 'money's worth' (as if) and still support the team. So nobody loses out but a big impact.

But has to be everybody. Pointless doing any sort of boycott, full game half game or 5 mins, with only a proportion doing it. I'd happily, along with others, stand at the entrances asking people unaware to join in and wait for the first 5 mins to pass before entering. Could do it outside ground on street, or inside on concourse.

I like it but that's a ST only thing I imagine as don't think people who get tickets on the door £25s worth, are gana wana miss any of the action.
  • Options
    Will be too hard to organise a boycott as people will have differing views conflicting with emotions about attending, though sadly I think it's the only thing that truly might work or evidently shake them up a bit and embarrass the life out of them.

A one match boycott as a threat. It must happen and shows the fans are one and united. Good luck to the people that try and organise it though. A challenge it would be but nothing worth having is easy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the boycotters turned out in numbers against Forest,
    Some watched the game but most stayed outside.
    I have respect now for their views, and realize they love this club as much as i do.

But the Bizarre thing is, Duchatelet and Meire don't want you/them back ?

They want to replace the boycotters with tourists and new customers from different areas of London and the home counties.

They want to replace Any dissenting voices (ME) with a Prawn sandwich Supporters who watches for 90 minutes and then goes home.

This Club is being run by a Self appointed Guru (Duchatelet) and his head
    acolyte Meire. This Club is now a CULT. (other 4 letter words beginning with C and ending in T are available, but that is not my style)

This Battle is to Save our club.

Please don't go missing now.
  • Options
    I haven't read all the thread and has probably been mentioned, apologies if it has.
    I honestly think this is what they want, no one in the ground, no supporters, giving a reason to sell the ground.
    Should be a reverse psychology from the fans and aim to bring 1 mate 1 week and 2 the next, etc,

A full house giving them shit loads of verbal is a better idea than an empty stadium.
  • Options
    At some point between now and the end of the March 16, it will be a good day to pick a game to boycottt, prerably one where the away team are not going to bring a lot of support to bump up the numbers. Presently, as @Charltonparklane said above it is best to keep going and protesting. Everything legitimate and legal should be tried to impress upon Duchatelet that it woud be better all round if he sold and moved on.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I like it but that's a ST only thing I imagine as don't think people who get tickets on the door £25s worth, are gana wana miss any of the action.
    what action, I haven't seen any on the pitch for yonks!