Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trust

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Well there you have it CAST. Your mate Murray has admitted failure. Now join the majority to get him and the owners out. Make sure he never sets foot on the Valley again.

Comments

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    razil said:

oh goody, a bash the Trust thread

I'm not gonna bash the Trust, hey I'm not even a Member, but if Murray was the conduit to get to KM and RD then I'd suggest that boat has sailed. He's a deluded fool.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Same people, same time, same place, (new thread)

• Options
    razil said:

I don't read it that way.

The Trust are ib a tough position. Remit of dialogue was the last mandate but I think things have deteriorated since and therefore dialogue scheduled for later date may be redundant. Of course that may be way off the mark and the majority of Charlton supporters who take an interest in the club beyond turning up for a game of football may still want that approach but gut instinct from Saturday tells me it's gone beyond that stage now.
  • Options
    razil said:

No. Not s bash the Trust at all. Just noting they have no choice now.
  • Options
    Regardless Charlton fans need to be united at present rather than directing our frustrations at each other (you bunch of ****s ha ha!)
  • Options
    pedantic I know.. its CAS Trust, CAST didn't get off the ground you may recall, sorry pet hate.
  • Options
    But yeah, I think @kentred2 was going to start this thread regardless of what the "statement" said today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    se9addick said:

razil said:

pedantic I know.. its CAS Trust, CAST didn't get off the ground you may recall, sorry pet hate.

Actually I think it was agreed after you left that CAST was ok !
    sacrilege, groupthink slipping.. I blame Prague and his silos!
  • Options
    razil said:

Same people, same time, same place, (new thread)

"Same people", I take it that you are included in that list ? ;)
  • Options
    Go to CASTrust website. Plenty of information and support for the protests.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Well there you have it CAST. Your mate Murray has admitted failure. Now join the majority to get him and the owners out. Make sure he never sets foot on the Valley again.

I really don't see why you feel the need to attack the trust like this. Petty.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

Why is it an attack? Let's see what happens.
  • Options
    How is this an attack? Isn't OP asking the trust to join the protests?
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

How is this an attack? Isn't OP asking the trust to join the protests?

Go to The Trust website

• Options
    Now is the time trust.

Tie your colours to the mast.
  • Options

Go to CASTrust website. Plenty of information and support for the protests.

Lots of info about what others are doing
    Time to collaborate ? That's a two way street of course.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

The tone of the post made me feel like it was. Attack maybe a bit strong.
    I feel like the trust have been doing a lot of good work lately and a trust bashing post isn't what we need right now as mentioned. We as fans need to stick together right now.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

The tone of the post made me feel like it was. Attack maybe a bit strong.
    I feel like the trust have been doing a lot of good work lately and a trust bashing post isn't what we need right now as mentioned. We as fans need to stick together right now.
    Exactly this. Be a proactive part of these protests trust.
  • Options
    The big question here is really - if this sticking plaster on the squad holds will people still protest in numbers, longer term will they change tack and reverse the slide in attendances?

• Options
    The Trust is loosing all meaning regardless what is said here, people expect them to fight for the supporters, i know that the trust has there reasons and i believe they are valid. but that wont help the fact that peoples perceptions are changing about the Trust.

Dammed if you do Dammed if you don't - if it was me i would rather be dammed if you do - but they seem to be opting for dammed if you don't!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

The Trust is loosing all meaning regardless what is said here, people expect them to fight for the supporters, i know that the trust has there reasons and i believe they are valid. but that wont help the fact that peoples perceptions are changing about the Trust.

Dammed if you do Dammed if you don't - if it was me i would rather be dammed if you do - but they seem to be opting for dammed if you don't!

Would it not be more appropriate if the Trust were not "damned", seeing as we're all meant to be on the same side?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I do think they are making a mistake, but they're basing their actions on their past experience with the turning tides of support, and they're looking at creating a long term relationship at board level. It's the age old political problem isn't it. Should the back-bench MP tell the whip to stick it up his arse, and risk never getting a ministerial position, or should he nod along so he can one day get a seat at the table and do some good.

Whatever your beliefs of their decision-making, we should respect that at the end of the day, they are a bunch of supporters who have volunteered untold hours of their time for a thankless, pay-less task.

• Options

I think people are simply frustrated that the trust has the power and outreach to involve a lot more people in action that would benefit the club however at the moment it is being left up to individuals on here, twitter and facebook to organise protests etc.

I'm biting my tongue here but I'd simply point out that many people who have organised protest activity are Trust members. As, I suppose are many people who gathered behind the West Stand last week, including three members of the Trust Board. People will participate in protest if they see fit to do so, not because the Trust orders them, as members, to do so.
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Would it not be more appropriate if the Trust were not "damned", seeing as we're all meant to be on the same side?
    Totally, but the opinion is divided in the fan base 98% to 2% apparently, they need to figure out a real number of how many are in support for regime change and how many aren't then pick a side i guess. i would speculate that more fans are supportive of the protests than the current crap we are getting from THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM! i.e Our Club!

until then the trust are Damned!! (thanks for the correction) IMO