Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trust

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I think the point that people are trying to make is that the blurb on the trust's website says that it is there to give Charlton fans a voice and at this current moment in time it appears that the members voices are not being issued.

Yes, we can all see what the trust have put up on there site and that trust members have been active at the protests, but to this day there appears to be no official statement from the trust regarding there official position on such matters.

As for the matter of sticking together, how about the trust and other support groups facilitate a private meeting where they can thrash out a plan? A bit like the Woolwich one again?

• Options
    cafc999 said:

I think the point that people are trying to make is that the blurb on the trust's website says that it is there to give Charlton fans a voice and at this current moment in time it appears that the members voices are not being issued.

Yes, we can all see what the trust have put up on there site and that trust members have been active at the protests, but to this day there appears to be no official statement from the trust regarding there official position on such matters.

As for the matter of sticking together, how about the trust and other support groups facilitate a private meeting where they can thrash out a plan? A bit like the Woolwich one again?

To be fair to the trust they did kind've address that here: http://www.castrust.org/2015/12/450456/

Although I agree that in future there should be more of a 'call to action' from the trust.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

The Trust is loosing all meaning regardless what is said here, people expect them to fight for the supporters, i know that the trust has there reasons and i believe they are valid. but that wont help the fact that peoples perceptions are changing about the Trust.

Dammed if you do Dammed if you don't - if it was me i would rather be dammed if you do - but they seem to be opting for dammed if you don't!

Would it not be more appropriate if the Trust were not "damned", seeing as we're all meant to be on the same side?
    Totally, but the opinion is divided in the fan base 98% to 2% apparently, they need to figure out a real number of how many are in support for regime change and how many aren't then pick a side i guess.
    This. You can never keep all of the people happy. I know there are concerns that if they jump in and we get a few results and animosity dies down then they'll have egg on their faces. However the unprecedented scenes last Saturday should be enough to tell them that very few could pull that comeback card on them.

Is there no harm in supporting a protest fully whilst still being open to dialogue?
  • Options

cafc999 said:

To be fair to the trust they did kind've address that here: http://www.castrust.org/2015/12/450456/

Although I agree that in future there should be more of a 'call to action' from the trust.
    Ok, so the trust have reported this on there website but the stance has not changed (Seeking dialogue) despite what the members tell them.

• Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

The Trust is loosing all meaning regardless what is said here, people expect them to fight for the supporters, i know that the trust has there reasons and i believe they are valid. but that wont help the fact that peoples perceptions are changing about the Trust.

Dammed if you do Dammed if you don't - if it was me i would rather be dammed if you do - but they seem to be opting for dammed if you don't!

Would it not be more appropriate if the Trust were not "damned", seeing as we're all meant to be on the same side?
    Totally, but the opinion is divided in the fan base 98% to 2% apparently, they need to figure out a real number of how many are in support for regime change and how many aren't then pick a side i guess.
    This. You can never keep all of the people happy. I know there are concerns that if they jump in and we get a few results and animosity dies down then they'll have egg on their faces. However the unprecedented scenes last Saturday should be enough to tell them that very few could pull that comeback card on them.

Is there no harm in supporting a protest fully whilst still being open to dialogue?
    Straight questions, not meaning to be confrontational.

What harm do you think our current position, as can be clearly seen from our homepage, is doing? Who is being harmed, and why?

If you could make the effort to look at our home page through KM's eyes, what position does she see the Trust taking?

And I know you are not a member, but what "resources" do you imagine (only) the Trust possesses which would make a significant difference to the protests?

• Options
    I have read it. And am not a member,quite how you would know that worries me slightly but I digress.
    As Henry says, there's plenty on there about what others are doing. To my mind the trust should be at the forefront of these protests.

We are now at a stage where have reached the media spotlight in a big way. If the media start to look more closely at our struggles and realise that our very own supporters trust are ,whilst not totally ignoring them, not at the very front of our protest push then it looks foolish in my opinion.
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

What harm do you think our current position, as can be clearly seen from our homepage, is doing? Who is being harmed, and why?

If you could make the effort to look at our home page through KM's eyes, what position does she see the Trust taking?

And I know you are not a member, but what "resources" do you imagine (only) the Trust possesses which would make a significant difference to the protests?

How about the trust and other support groups facilitate a private meeting where they can thrash out a plan? A bit like the Woolwich one again?
  • Options

I have read it. And am not a member,quite how you would know that worries me slightly but I digress.
    As Henry says, there's plenty on there about what others are doing. To my mind the trust should be at the forefront of these protests.

We are now at a stage where have reached the media spotlight in a big way. If the media start to look more closely at our struggles and realise that our very own supporters trust are ,whilst not totally ignoring them, not at the very front of our protest push then it looks foolish in my opinion.

I think it's quite obvious to a 10 year old that you are not a member of the Trust.

I just wish though that if I put a question to you in a civil way, and where the answers could potentially help me personally, you would answer them.

• Options
    cafc999 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

How about the trust and other support groups facilitate a private meeting where they can thrash out a plan? A bit like the Woolwich one again?
    If you mean a private meeting among us fans (including TB members) to thrash out a plan that is already happening.
  • Options
    Why not try an open letter to RD and KM from the trust copied to all media that have shown an interest, thanking them for RMs statement q&a whatever, and asking for a more detailed reply to our greviences as they have not answered these.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Ok, so the trust have reported this on there website but the stance has not changed (Seeking dialogue) despite what the members tell them.

Again, please don't take this as confrontational, but could you justify that remark? It's quite important. How do you know that a majority of members now wish us to break off any attempt at dialogue? Because I don't. Although I accept that many have changed their minds, not least because the attitude of all of us on the TB is hardening by the day. I'm as appalled by Fraeye as anyone else on here, that much I can say.

• Options
    edited January 2016

cafc999 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

If you mean a private meeting among us fans (including TB members) to thrash out a plan that is already happening.
    Excellent - Is this meeting just for trust people or other fan groups..??
  • Options

Why not try an open letter to RD and KM from the trust copied to all media that have shown an interest, thanking them for RMs statement q&a whatever, and asking for a more detailed reply to our greviences as they have not answered these.

If you are a Trust member why don't you suggest this by email to one of the board members, I am sure you will at least get a reply, unlike ones sent to KM.
  • Options

That is very likely to happen and being discussed as I write this.

• Options

That is very likely to happen and being discussed as I write this.

A better letter would just be to say the Trust and supporters have given up the pointless pursuit of dialogue and now will do all they can to change ownership.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Its a small group of fans all on here who are trying to get together to collaborate and co-ordinate. There are 11 of which only two are Trust Board people. I now see that you are talking about a public meeting open to all fans (like Woolwich, as you say). I think that idea will be discussed in this group, because just like Woolwich it would be open to all fans and not just Trust members.

• Options
    Today's statement from the club needs an answer, by way of a press release, as it does not address the many criticisms that many of us have made public during the last week, also RM's statement needs to be answered on certain points.

As we do not have a supporters club the only organisation that can do this is the CAS Trust, so gentlemen get your heads together and DO IT, to help you may I suggest something along these lines:

The CAS Trust welcomes the statement made today by board member Richard Murray by way of a Q&A format. We had hoped that Mr Murray, with his many years of involvement at the club, would address the growing disquiet of the supporters which was voiced by over 1,000 supporters after the last home match namely:

Why is KF still an interim coach?
    What has happened to the recruitment of a permanent Head Coach?
    Do the club intend to sell any of our young British players in this transfer window?
    Why was the same modus operandi of football management used in two consecutive season when it was obvious that it didn't work in May 2015?
    Why does the Chief Executive still ignore correspondence from supporters, even by delegation?

These questions were not answered by Mr Murray. In the answers that he did give we are surprised that the current board have under estimated how long it takes for foreign player to acclimatise to the Championship, and the strength of the Championship. Mr Murray was Chairman of the club for many years when in the Championship and Premier League, has experience of bringing in overseas players and is a member of the current board

I am sure that the leading lights of the Trust can produce a better effort than mine, so as a member I request that you do it - NOW!
  • Options

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Its a small group of fans all on here who are trying to get together to collaborate and co-ordinate. There are 11 of which only two are Trust Board people. I now see that you are talking about a public meeting open to all fans (like Woolwich, as you say). I think that idea will be discussed in this group, because just like Woolwich it would be open to all fans and not just Trust members.

so basically your meeting up with some mates?

in that case I am also holding a meeting with a couple of Charlton fans at a pub in Colchester this Saturday. we will discuss what move we'll make next? i.e either stay at the pub we're in or move on to another one.
  • Options

I think it's quite obvious to a 10 year old that you are not a member of the Trust.

I just wish though that if I put a question to you in a civil way, and where the answers could potentially help me personally, you would answer them.

I should add Prague that I was an initial member. But I never renewed. Can't think why.

So please don't take this as some cantankerous idiot trying to score a few points.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

in that case I am also holding a meeting with a couple of Charlton fans at a pub in Colchester this Saturday. we will discuss what move we'll make next? i.e either stay at the pub we're in or move on to another one.
    Very uncalled for imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Wow - harsh.

Why dig at people trying to make a difference?

Charlton fans shooting other Charlton Fans that put their head above the parapet since 1905.

I don't agree with the trust's viewpoint on this although I do recognise the difficult situation they are in. However, do I for one second think they're in it for themselves or as you say just "meeting up with mates"?

No chance.
    Agree with this. I actually think the Trust should be pushing for dialogue as once they go down the protest route that door is probably forever closed with these owners. However the time is rapidly running out for that dialogue to happen and I'm sure they are well aware of that.
  • Options
    good god you lot are touchy. it was a joke. I read what Prague said and just thought it sounds like what many Charlton fans have been doing. talking with mates about the protests and the club and what could happen to both in the future while having a pint. I'm sure their meeting will be a lot more proactive than that.
  • Options
    Instead of Trust bashing I would suggest we all get together and have a good old game of conkers.

Cheese-cutters and stamps allowed. Winner takes the usual prize and we all get back to being Charlton fans.
  • Options

Instead of Trust bashing I would suggest we all get together and have a good old game of conkers.

Cheese-cutters and stamps allowed. Winner takes the usual prize and we all get back to being Charlton fans.

I agree but some still want to let the Belgians play and soak theirs in vinegar for them
  • Options

Or a game of chess, MAM?
    Then we could do some bishop bashing.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Prague, I did not mean a public meeting. I meant a small meeting of certain people
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Prague, I did not mean a public meeting. I meant a small meeting of certain people
    G21?
  • Options
    rikofold said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

G21?
    Ask Prague