Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

so vetokele, watt,gudmundsson all free to leave

Comments

• Options
    Can't see Igor leaving on a permanent. Basically been injured for a year, maybe a loan with the opportunity to play games and prove his fitness but a permanent deal seems unlikely.

It's a big if at the moment, but IF he can get fit and find some form, I think he could be the one of the injured players who could have the biggest impact on the second half of our season. He's probably the only out and out goalscoring centre forward we have (who isn't a kid anyway) as most of our other players (including Watt) either drop deep to link play or run the channels.

Its probably a bit old fashioned, but I would think Igor and Big Mak have the makings of a good big-man-little-man partnership, on paper. I think he'd play even better with someone like Yann were he ever to return (I know, but I can hope... right?).

• Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14192419.Fraeye_provides_transfer_update_and_discusses_future_of_two_Charlton_Athletic_players/

Karel Fraeye says players who can make an impact at Charlton will not be sold during the January transfer window.

The Addicks have enjoyed a busy period since the window opened on January 2, with former Charlton players Roger Johnson and Diego Poyet returning to the Valley and Middlesbrough’s Rhys Williams joining on loan.

Fraeye was coy when asked whether Charlton are looking to complete further business this month, but said that the club will not be forced to sell players.

“Every manager wants to bring good players in and I think we’ve done well to bring in some experienced players to help our young squad. We will see what the future brings,” Fraeye said.

“Every coach wants more and better players but I think we will see. It’s too soon to talk about it.

“We are very happy with what we’ve completed at this moment.

“We’ve strengthened our defensive part. Up front is of course the region which every club wants more bodies in. You never have enough strikers or wingers, so if something does happen, that’s perhaps the region which we would strengthen.

“Of the players who we think will have an impact on our squad – none will leave. We don’t need to sell players, that’s a very important thing.”

Watt, 22, was sent to the Bluebirds to gain some much-needed game-time after a drop in form.

When asked by News Shopper about reports saying Watt was on the verge of leaving Charlton, Fraeye said: “I’m not aware of any reports, no.

“I’m not updated on the situation but for the moment he’s a Charlton player.

“What happens over the next few weeks is a question for the board.

“We’re not in a position where we have to sell players and we are absolutely not in the position to let players go if we don’t want them to go.

“But it’s a decision for the board. I’m a coach, so the decision is not mine.”

Meanwhile, Fraeye, who was appointed caretaker boss in October following Guy Luzon’s sacking, says Icelandic star Johann Berg Gudmundsson will ‘100 percent’ still be at Charlton when the window closes.

Tenuous rumours said that Valley chiefs were willing to cash in on the midfielder, but the Belgian boss has dismissed this speculation.

He said: “No, 100 percent Johann will play for us, 100 percent.”
  • Options
    Doesnt look like we're signing anyone else on that basis!!
  • Options

Vetokele, other than the Christmas hospital visits (nice gesture young man) , hasn't featured for months .. as @killerandflash writes, who would want him right now .. Watt the T... has gone and JBG is saving his all for the Euros .. 2 down and 1 to go .. if Gudmundsson goes for a decent fee, that's Ok so far as I'm concerned, his heart this season just aint bin in it

Maybe I was at a different game on Saturday. JBG coming on at half-time changed the whole dynamic of the game and certainly showed where his heart lies at the moment. That may be because he wants to impress to ensure he gets a place at the Euros, but I'll settle for that if he keeps up Saturday's form until the end of the season.
    well it's interesting that he was on the bench and didn't start .. as you concede, perhaps a fear of not getting into the Iceland starting eleven has motivated him to show some interest, after all, a CAFC reserve spot is hardly a recommendation for a wannabe international player .. all I can write is that when I've seen him this season, all away from the Valley, he has shown little commitment
  • Options
    Great to hear the certainly about Guddy
  • Options

Everyone under this owner is free to leave.

Except Karel
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not informed about who we will or won't be signing, Watt staying at the club is not his decision but he knows JoBerg is 100% staying.

Contradictory statements in the same interview again, as has become normal under the current regime.

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Just paper rubbish

but a paper with direct quotes from Carol
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Not informed about who we will or won't be signing, Watt staying at the club is not his decision but he knows JoBerg is 100% staying.

Contradictory statements in the same interview again, as has become normal under the current regime.

He says he isn't updated on Watt (who I assume isn't playing for us this weekend) but is aware of JBG's comings and goings (who I assume is)

or he's just a lying shit bag slut of an interim

PS - I am, very angry about it.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

He says he isn't updated on Watt (who I assume isn't playing for us this weekend) but is aware of JBG's comings and goings (who I assume is)

He says on one hand that no one will leave who he believes will have an impact on the squad, but on the other hand that it is all the board's decision? If it's not his decision, he can't say that 100% we won't sell Guddy.

It is contradictory, something you should be familiar with as you seem to get a kick out being contradictory just for the hell of it.
  • Options

PL54 said:

He says on one hand that no one will leave who he believes will have an impact on the squad, but on the other hand that it is all the board's decision? If it's not his decision, he can't say that 100% we won't sell Guddy.

It is contradictory, something you should be familiar with as you seem to get a kick out being contradictory just for the hell of it.
    BOOM
  • Options

Don't think JBG will be sold before Euro 2016 as I think if he has a good tournament then JBG Roland will see £££££

Let's face it a big tournament like that is a brilliant showcase for a player. And there's no danger of JBG not making the Icelandic squad, as they have such a small pool of players either...

• Options

Calm down. All Carol is saying is that he will not be losing anyone he considers will have an impact on the squad. Watt is not one of those players so he has no idea what will happen to him. Gudders is one of those players and he has been told he will stay. Hopefully Lookman is another.
    You may disagree with him regarding Watt, but there is not a contradiction in what he has said.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    But Murray said they are bringing in five British players, he would'nt tell porkies woukd he?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

But Murray said they are bringing in five British players, he would tell porkies woukd he?

dickplumb said:

But Murray said they are bringing in five British players, he would tell porkies woukd he?

Diego Poyet, Roger Johnson, Kenneth Yao, that's 3 British players we have signed already, with British based Williams also signed on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So Carol says "“Every coach wants more and better players but I think we will see. It’s too soon to talk about it."

Too soon? Too soon? Why? Waiting to see if RD/KM pull the rug out from under him by selling the players he has just said wont leave? Hoping for a final day bargain, swiftly followed by a "we tried but ran out of time"?

That kind of laid-back attitude is not affordable. Our slender Championship survival hopes depend on greater urgency, after all we are actually playing games in January and we need all the help we can get.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Redrobo said:

PL54 said:

Calm down. All Carol is saying is that he will not be losing anyone he considers will have an impact on the squad. Watt is not one of those players so he has no idea what will happen to him. Gudders is one of those players and he has been told he will stay. Hopefully Lookman is another.
    You may disagree with him regarding Watt, but there is not a contradiction in what he has said.
    I'm perfectly calm thanks, but I appreciate your concern for my blood pressure.
  • Options
    Kenneth Yao is from our Academy, it doesn't count. He was talking about players coming in.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

Diego Poyet, Roger Johnson, Kenneth Yao, that's 3 British players we have signed already, with British based Williams also signed on
    and as Meatloaf would 'ave it .. 4 outta 5 aint bad
  • Options
    First plant a false rumour in the media that JBG is about to be sold. Then get Carol, the hero of the fans, to reassure them 100% that he is going nowhere. Who's the media spin guy genius at the Valley, Alistair Campbell?
  • Options

Everyone under this owner is free to leave.

Except Karel
    And the Perfidious Puppet.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Kenneth Yao is from our Academy, it doesn't count. He was talking about players coming in.

Doesnt count in your eyes... In Richard Murray's world it does!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    They really think that we are fucking stupid!

Disgraceful I want a free dessert please!!!
  • Options
    Chunes said:

KF has said in his interview that all the good quality players will be kept. Remains to be seen.

Of course quality is entirely subjective.