Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swedish player rejects Charlton

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Anyone else seen this? Apparently he has rejected us TWICE and as someone posted on Facebook when a Swedish player in one of the bottom team in the highest division rejects a bid you know we're in deep trouble!!

http://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/norrkoping-har-lagt-bud-pa-eric-smith/

Comments

• Options
    must have missed it !
  • Options
    Where is @ElfsborgAddick when you need him? ;-)
  • Options
    What happened to recruiting players with Championship experience?
  • Options
    isn't this our modus operandi? Bid for someone who won't want to come, inevitably it fails, left short of players, we say we tried but everyone hasn't learnt that football is going to change one day and we'll be champions of the world.
  • Options

working .. tonight when he sees the word 'Swedish' in the title, he'll be in like Flynn ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Halmstads midfielder Eric Smith,
    Clubs should, however, be a piece of apart at present but there is no doubt that Norrkoping happy to see Smith in the club over in 2016.
    Charlton English The Championship has previously made two bids for the midfielder who, however, turned down a move to the club a week ago.
    - It is true that Eric chose to say no to Charlton says HBK's Club Manager Fredrik Andersson.
    How do you see Eric Smith and the situation around him?
    - We understand that there is interest in Eric because he is one of Sweden's most exciting talents. But we very much want to keep him and extend him.
    - I do not think it would be a disadvantage to him if he stayed. He is so young still and have made a full season in the league despite not turned 19 yet.
    According to our data would IFK Norrkoping have him?
    - IFK Norrköping is one of the clubs interested.
    Where is the ball now?
    - The ball is in Norrköping. Do they want him, they may come with an offer which we can accept.
    They have already made an offer?
    - That I will not comment.
    Norrkoping: "We are interested"
    Norrköping manager Janne Andersson know Eric Smith well. He would not comment anything about the negotiations with HBK but recognizes that 18-year-old is an exciting player.
    - I will not comment on Eric Smith is on the way to us or not. But I know Eric well. His dad was the coach of HBK for many years and I have been on holiday with him when Eric was little.
    - However, I have not known him over the years when I was in Norrköping but follow him with interest. Think he's really good player.
    - Since he is a bit more balance rate than Fransson. Let's see what happens. He is a very interesting, I must admit.
    - We are interested.
    HBK wants to be right well paid considering that he is 18 and has a lot Allsvenskan season behind them?
    - Yes, but then I can counter with that he only has a year left on contract
  • Options

as someone posted on Facebook when a Swedish player in one of the bottom team in the highest division rejects a bid you know we're in deep trouble!!

We lost a bidding war against the Swedish champions. He might be at one of the bottom clubs now, but from that article it looks like he will be signed by one of the top teams before their season starts.

The shambles in that story has to be trying to sign a player from a summer league in January - he'll be completely out of fitness. If he was wanted, he should have been signed before start of December
  • Options
    So the buy young cheap foreign potential so you can sell on at a profit continues. Murray lied (what a surprise)
  • Options

Beautiful Swedish name...

Braithwaite and Smith... Well they're trying to find English names, we just need English players!!
  • Options
    KF scouted player?
  • Options
    Like me on FIFA 11 management mode
  • Options
    Blimus!, looking at that picture, swedish teams like a bit of sponsorship dont they?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    His actually quite decent and had a good seaon with Norrkoping, which they won the Allsvenskan which for them was a fantastic achivement, However swedish football is alot slower and less direct, and he would have to adapt to the tempo in England and Its a much more psyical league thats for sure. He wouldn't get in a top championship team, But could do a job for a team struggling or in mid table
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jayajosh said:

KF scouted player?

No, our extensive network of scouts in the Indian poonani super league have switched to Sweden.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic have launched a bid for Halmstads BK midfielder Eric Smith.

The 18 year-old is expected to leave HBK in January and been linked with IFK Göteborg and IFK Norrköping.

However, Hallandsposten says Charlton have tabled an offer for Smith.

"I know there are some clubs that have shown interest, and of course it's fun.

"As things look at the moment, I'll stay with HBK, but it can of course change," said Smith.

- See more at: http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/charlton-launch-bid-for-halmstads-bk-midfielder-eric-smith-4108738#sthash.bgcB2DeS.dpuf
  • Options
    I wouldn't sign him with a name like that not Swedish enough.

Len Stjarna Hurdy Gurdy Hamnviken

Would be so much better.
  • Options

Hej hej!

As you'll probably testify to the Swedish Allsvenskan top four being mid-table Championship, the rest would struggle in our division.

The upside is that they are disciplined and slip into our culture easily.

Although bias towards Swedes I'm pleased we have missed out here.

Ha det bra.
  • Options
    What about if we call him Erik Smithsen?
  • Options

working .. tonight when he sees the word 'Swedish' in the title, he'll be in like Flynn ((:>)
    You are so right Lincs!

• Options
    edited January 2016

Hej hej!

As you'll probably testify to the Swedish Allsvenskan top four being mid-table Championship, the rest would struggle in our division.

The upside is that they are disciplined and slip into our culture easily.

Although bias towards Swedes I'm pleased we have missed out here.

Ha det bra.
    Your wearing a WHAT!?!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Efter att ha sett de senaste månaderna i allsvenskan noga, jag skulle inte säga att de fyra bästa lagen alla skulle konkurrera i mitten av ''Championship'' @ElfsborgAddick är du från England eller Sverige ursprungligen?
  • Options

His actually quite decent and had a good seaon with Norrkoping, which they won the Allsvenskan which for them was a fantastic achivement, However swedish football is alot slower and less direct, and he would have to adapt to the tempo in England and Its a much more psyical league thats for sure. He wouldn't get in a top championship team, But could do a job for a team struggling or in mid table

He doesn't play for Norrkoping though, he plays for Halmstad and they finished 2nd bottom and got relegated.
  • Options
    Svårt att säga men är det inte, inte den svenska ligan pågå under hela året istället för att vara som den engelska ligan som löper från aug-Maj?