Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swedish player rejects Charlton

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dit is in het Nederlands, maar ik wilde alleen maar om mee te doen.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Bit too 'throaty' for me, Swedish is very melodic.

Kom igen Charlton.
  • Options
    Shtop the madnesh
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Exactly.
  • Options
    Yes foreign players are generally cheaper than proven Championship players.

But foreign players aren't neccesarily cheap. Naby Sarr cost 2 million, Polish Pete reportedly more and he never even played a league game. As well as other signings like Lepoint, Nego... all that money wasted!

Surely, it makes a lot more sense to look to sign players that currently play in League One and Two?

A huge problem is that we have no head scout, and therefore we ARE relying on the scouting from Roland's 'other' clubs.

What a time to be a Charlton fan.

• Options

Beautiful Swedish name...

Ahh but his son will be Ericsson
  • Options
    edited January 2016

But foreign players aren't neccesarily cheap. Naby Sarr cost 2 million, Polish Pete reportedly more and he never even played a league game. As well as other signings like Lepoint, Nego... all that money wasted!

Surely, it makes a lot more sense to look to sign players that currently play in League One and Two?

A huge problem is that we have no head scout, and therefore we ARE relying on the scouting from Roland's 'other' clubs.

What a time to be a Charlton fan.

Mark Stow who is a very experienced head scout for many championship sides is currently our Head Scout. (I know.. interim ffs but to try and make out there is no-one taking on that responsibility is incorrect)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Martin Pringle rejects CAFC Offer as his limp would make it impossible to play 90
    Minutes ?

CAFC said no Problem as no one else can play 90 mins.

Matt Svensson has accepted a contract to the end of the season,
    after Elfsborg Addict (CAFC Swedish scout) bumped into him in a bar.

As soon as Matt loses the extra 4 stone he will be in the squad.

Could this be a Bridge too far ?

Saga Noren has been offered the Job of Head of Comms.
  • Options

Can you seriously imagine the fury if we signed players from leagues 1 and 2 ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back to the player himself, just got this from my buddy's son in Copenhagen, whose knowledge of football, especially Scandi, is simply awesome. Think we can forget about this guy, for reasons he explains

I must admit that I have basically no prior knowledge regarding this Eric Smith, and the article you sent does not explain why he said no to Charlton - just reiterates the fact that it was he himself who rejected the offer(s), not the club.

I did however find an interview with him from december where he was asked about the alleged interest from Charlton. He said that England might be an interesting opportunity, but also that going to England might be too early as of yet - and his two main priorities when deciding a club is enough playing time as well as the team having a "playing" playing style - which basically means keeping the ball on the floor as opposed to route one.

Another aspect is the fact that the club supposedly most interested in him apart from Charlton - is IFK Norrköping. And I can see three reasons for him to have that as a preferred destination:
    1) They play attractive football, and the coach is probably staying
    2) They just sold their central midfielder, and thus view Smith as a direct replacement - i.e. meaning lots of game time
    3) They won the Swedish league, meaning both that they are a good side as well as the possibility of playing Champions League next fall