Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fraeye on the brink - SLP Match Report and Fraeye Reaction

Comments

• Options
    The board don't know what they are doing - KM told us "every managerial appointment has been an improvement on the previous one"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We are finished. What experienced Championship manager would take on this job now ?

We have one very slim chance - Jose Riga.
  • Options
    This is Roland & Katrien's way of truly sticking two fingers up at ALL OF US......✌
  • Options

have we already got the new man already lined up (If this is the case then why only now are we hiring him?)

The new Head Coach had to work 3 months' notice in the marketing role she previously held.
  • Options

If he's been quoted correctly, he seems to have a strange concept of time - in KF world, we got in Poyet, then lost Diarra and we got in Johnson then we lost Bauer. I would suggest that we got Poyet and Johnson in because we had lost Diarra and Bauer.

What Evesham said^^^
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    This guy (codename fozzy) is cheap, available and apparently has both the same coaching badges and grasp of tactics as Carol has. Alternatively, Tintin might attract KM's attention as another Belgian interviewee with real prospects.

Go now Carol and turn the lights out as you leave ffs
  • Options
    No to Riga. We need a manager with Championship experience.
  • Options
    Odd that St Truiden have Chris O'Loughlin as manager. Indicates that RD doesn't have to have a succession of Belgian managers.....it would be good if the appropriate conclusions could be drawn about Fraeye's poor record and a new face found asap. In fact - a check via wiki - shows that Ujpest, CZJ and AC Alcorcon don't have Belgian managers either but a Serb, a German and a Spaniard. So: in that context very odd that we have had Riga + Peeters + Luzon + Fraye.
  • Options
    Is Fraeye badged up ?
  • Options

Odd that St Truiden have Chris O'Loughlin as manager. Indicates that RD doesn't have to have a succession of Belgian managers.....it would be good if the appropriate conclusions could be drawn about Fraeye's poor record and a new face found asap. In fact - a check via wiki - shows that Ujpest, CZJ and AC Alcorcon don't have Belgian managers either but a Serb, a German and a Spaniard. So: in that context very odd that we have had Riga + Peeters + Luzon + Fraye.

i think it's possibly because a lot of english managers are deeply suspicious of more continental models of management.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is Fraeye badged up ?

UEFA A Licence level according to Google. Don't really know what that means, assume they give them away on cereal boxes in Belgium judging by this geezer.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Is Fraeye badged up ?

Extract from this article on the OS upon his appointment as interim Head Coach;
    'Fraeye, who holds a UEFA A coaching license'
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-appoint-karel-fraeye-interim-head-coach-2764769.aspx#BGHTOYBWXVHgdHx2.99
  • Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

No to Riga. We need a manager with Championship experience.

He managed us in the championship, remember?
    (I don't want him either.)
  • Options

I'm possibly swimming against the tide in writing this...but....I feel a bit sorry for him. Things clearly aren't working out as he'd wish them to. So, you say, the manager carries the can. Yes. But he's carrying Duchatelet's can, as the other managers did. Part of the equation, of course, is that you can have talent all around you and things don't work out. There's plenty of examples I need not list. So, I'm a bit sorry for Karel, in the same way I was sorry for Guy and Bob. And I was the most sorry for Chris, because he was....us. And remains so.
    There are two options left to us. Accept the status quo, and continue in attendance. Or oppose, big time. Don't look to 'leaders'. Follow your passion.

I would have agreed with this if it wasn't for the garbage he has spouted since he took over which makes clear that he is the biggest puppet we have had. At least the likes of Peeters and Luzon tried to take some control by saying what the squad needed to improve and that signings may be needed. This prick, who must have no pride whatsoever, just says we only need 11 players so where are the problems? Well Carol, you knob, if it is 11 not very good players who don't really know what they are doing, then we have very big problems.
  • Options
    If we must have an 'interim' manager then get rid of this Muppet and get JJ as player manager,at least the fans will be on his side and he won't put up with anyone shirking!
  • Options
    Fraeye with his A license managing a Belgian 3rd tier team, probably thought he was this overqualified under achieving Heisenberg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alright, alright. Look, we don't need to fight over this.

I am officially throwing my hat into the ring for the job.

Under me, we will play possession football. We will spend time on defensive and set piece positioning without the ball. We will work on conditioning followed immediately by decision making. Players will have positions and roles. I will always have 1-2 more central midfielders on the bench.
  • Options

It is very odd, and they don't have a Belgian CEO either. At Ujpest it's a Hungarian, Jena a German (RD isn't a majority shareholder there), Alcorcon I am not sure ( @CharltonMadrid ?), but pretty sure it's not a Belgian. And they are all currently doing well.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I think RD believes that his system is incompatible with the traditional English "manager" (that's actually something that we agree on). It's possibly also why the Pozzos have never hired an English manager for Watford.
  • Options

It is very odd, and they don't have a Belgian CEO either. At Ujpest it's a Hungarian, Jena a German (RD isn't a majority shareholder there), Alcorcon I am not sure ( @CharltonMadrid ?), but pretty sure it's not a Belgian. And they are all currently doing well.

Not THE Chris O'Loughlin ?

• Options
    I'd rather have a 'big nosed arrogant twat' than any of what RD has to offer. Our club is sick and it needs a clear out top-down to bring about a change of feeling. It's ill and the medicine is change, not a plaster on a broken leg, we need surgery with top surgeons, not someone with a 2 hour course in first aid; being overseen by someone with a GCSE in economics.

Fraeye's career along with Miere's must have been damaged by his employment under Duchatalet. Sadly any decent manager with experience and quality will not want to jump on a sinking ship with no life rafts, owned by a shipping magnate that would rather claim on the insurance than save lives and his reputation.
  • Options

I'd rather have a 'big nosed arrogant twat' than any of what RD has to offer. Our club is sick and it needs a clear out top-down to bring about a change of feeling. It's ill and the medicine is change, not a plaster on a broken leg, we need surgery with top surgeons, not someone with a 2 hour course in first aid; being overseen by someone with a GCSE in economics.

Fraeye's career along with Miere's must have been damaged by his employment under Duchatalet. Sadly any decent manager with experience and quality will not want to jump on a sinking ship with no life rafts, owned by a shipping magnate that would rather claim on the insurance than save lives and his reputation.

A big nosed arrogant twat - yes. The big nosed arrogant twat - no, just no!
  • Options

Is Fraeye badged up ?

I don't know about badged up, but he should be banged up for crimes against football.
  • Options

Is Fraeye badged up ?

Doesn't really matter. Getting qualifications isn't hard. Taking what you've learned and being able to use it effectively and successfully is the tricky part.
    The tricky part is coming from the Belgian Third Division and trying to tell Championship players what to do and where they are going wrong. They are gonna think and eventually say "who the f..k are you? Or, show us your medals". Carol came out and gave a post match interview at Burnley in which he intimated it weren't his fault, it woz the players. What little credibility he had with the players, probably evaporated then. I don't believe it's a happy training ground, that's all propaganda. After the players forced out Peeters and stopped playing for Luzon, how is it they are putting up with this muppet? That's a real mystery.