Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**750 more Black & White scarves** - 2.20pm - 23rd January - Blackburn (H)

What a depressing few days. It's not the first time that can be said this season either.

We crashed out in predictable, yet still gut wrenching, fashion to a team who hadn't won in 8 games. Colchester were languishing in the relegation zone of League One and were statistically the worst team in the football league. Our team was rudderless to a point where no one knew where they were meant to be playing and no one knew who was taking corners. Can it get much lower? Sadly I think it can.

Spell it Out are fully committed to putting pressure on this ownership until they sell up - for the good of this football club.

Over the next couple of days we should see news emerge of the tactics with regards to protests at the Blackburn game on the 23 January - this is being worked on.

Regardless of that however, Blackburn at home on 23 January is the distribution date for more black and white scarves. Charlton Fans have donated almost £2000 to pay for these. That, combined with an added 4k into the General Charlton Life Protest Fund, shows just how wide the sense of feeling is. To part with such amounts of money is a real testament to the fan base, there is hope for us yet.

Despite not being confirmed yet we do not want to be handing these out at a time when protests will be on - so we will be handing out 750 scarves out at 2:20pm on 23rd Jan outside the club shop.

Our position on the scarves is as follows. If you want this ownership OUT of our club, then Spell It Out In Black And White to them and pick one up from us.

Last time the volunteers were not overly necessary, but we only had 250 scarves. With 3 x as many this time around we could really do with your help. Please inbox me if you are willing to give us a hand on the day of the game.

We will accept donations to go back into the pot for SIO banners/flyers/t-shirts or whatever it may be. These are absolutely not necessary however - this is a giveaway!

Thank you for your generosity and continued commitment to the cause - rest assured we will not give up until the fight is won.

Thanks

Joe & Ben
Spell It Out

Comments

• Joe & Ben - great effort. Top men.
  • edited January 2016
    Volunteer No1 here.
  • I can help along with my lad see you at 14:20
    Clive
  • edited January 2016
    Credit to Joe who does the leg work

But we need your help.

1. share this on other social and unsocial media sites

2. Offer to help give them out

3. Bung us, or the general Cl protest fund, a few quid to pay for the next project (coming soon).
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I can help along with my lad see you at 14:20
    Clive

14.20? Were you ever in the forces? : - )
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Clive

I think he was a punkawallah HI
  • think buckets would be a great idea would it be an idea to sell the scarves to raise funds as i was looking for one last week and couldn't find one, think of maybe a suggested donation of £5.00 a scarf is a fair amount,would return 3750.00
  • I'd happily buy three scarfs and pay for postage - if this is at all poss pl pm me.
  • Spot on guys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think the buckets would be a great idea. i would be very prepared to give the cost of my tickets to the bucket than to the club,
  • likewise if you was selling scarves i would be after a few.
  • Well done guys.
  • Definitely think the buckets are a good idea, I am sure most 'customers' would happily contribute for the scarf :)
  • I can't be at the Blackburn game unfortunately, but the Robin has gone Black & White in support.
  • cafc999 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Clive

I was told his regimental motto was "Hello, Operator" but I'm sure that's not true ; - )
  • cafc999 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Clive

I was told his regimental motto was "Hello, Operator" but I'm sure that's not true ; - )
    Certa Cito in Latin actually, but sometimes translated into sh@t or bust
  • If people want scarves prior to the game then inbox @addickted2thereds or me but bear in mind he works and we don't have the resources to run a postal commerce service

Couple of things to point out. We're grateful for all the suggestions but:

We are NOT selling scarves although donations and postage are welcome if you are sent a free one or two.

We WON'T be making a bucket collection. Again donations are more than welcome but there are strict rules about collections and permissions need to be sought. We are under enough scrutiny already so have to be careful.

We appreciate all the ideas, and offer of help and money, so I hope people will understand when we can't implement all of them.

Has the liar been getting busy? She must be worried.
  • Happy to help out if needed - expect a free scarf in return though :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll be more than happy to chuck you some money on the day for a scarf. Good work lads!
  • And me,have missed a couple of games but must go this time.
  • jamescafc said:

Happy to help out if needed - expect a free scarf in return though :smile:

We can arrange that

I'll be more than happy to chuck you some money on the day for a scarf. Good work lads!

Thanks
  • If people want scarves prior to the game then inbox @addickted2thereds or me but bear in mind he works and we don't have the resources to run a postal commerce service

Couple of things to point out. We're grateful for all the suggestions but:

We are NOT selling scarves although donations and postage are welcome if you are sent a free one or two.

We WON'T be making a bucket collection. Again donations are more than welcome but there are strict rules about collections and permissions need to be sought. We are under enough scrutiny already so have to be careful.

We appreciate all the ideas, and offer of help and money, so I hope people will understand when we can't implement all of them.

Can I suggest people who pick up a scarf simply make a donation to the protest fund for it?

• jamescafc said:

We can arrange that

I'll be more than happy to chuck you some money on the day for a scarf. Good work lads!

Thanks
    Henry, If I sent you that 25 quid I owed you would you send me a scarf? ;)
  • I'd happily buy three scarfs and pay for postage - if this is at all poss pl pm me.

Me too
  • Happy to help if needed
  • T.C.E said:

jamescafc said:

We can arrange that

Thanks
    I would.
  • T.C.E said:

jamescafc said:

We can arrange that

Thanks
    I would.
    How can I send the cash?

• Well done. There is a race against time to save our club. We all have to stand up now. Everything we can do, we must do.