Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

email from the club

Comments

• Options

We can even arrange coach travel to pick you up from your desired location for an extra £10 per person (you will have to fill a coach of 53 people)

... Be easier to turn water into wine

And if you bring your own manager we promise to put them in charge
  • Options
    Just tell the Belgian twats to stick it where the sun don't shine.
  • Options

I think we need to excuse Katie - the questions are for her manager and the chief executive to answer. Clearly a professional organisation should not be doing this, but it's management - or the lack of it - that needs to be held to account.

Completely agree.

If it is the Katie that I think it is, she has been very helpful to me over the years with various requests such as arranging numerous Mascots for my Son, tickets, etc. and has carried out these very well. If she has progressed to Marketing then good on her, I wish her well and the very best of luck. That said, at the very least she should get some support, training, etc. from her Management Team....if she indeed has any.

Repeating @Lincsaddick and @Addickted, the content is there but could be pulled together with a far greater degree of professionalism.

Ps. "Event" - it is a football match!

• Options

my response

Until the current regime who are killing my football club leave, I have no intention of lining their pockets, and will make it my goal to tell everybody I know not to line their pockets either.

Some 'customer' you are!
    If you had any morals you would hand in your loyalty card right now.
    I bet you didn't even leave a tip.
    ;-)
  • Options
    Riot for a fiver. Not bad.
  • Options
    Pitch invasion on the 27th it is.... :- )
  • Options
    I asked to be removed from the database. Made me feel like a traitor but needs must.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

my response

Until the current regime who are killing my football club leave, I have no intention of lining their pockets, and will make it my goal to tell everybody I know not to line their pockets either.

Mate they have lost the plot , all the years I've had my season ticket seriously thinking about wot to do next season , honestly I love the club but the football is shit the players ,they are not worth the money they are earning , the current regime are arrogant dogs, to be honest everyone should boycott next game ie turn up and not enter the stadium ,if that don't work we need to all get on pitch b4 a game and hold up the kick off , they need to hit in their pockets KM wot a classless woman , RD wot do u know about football fuck all,and RM u r spineless .
  • Options
    Well at least that proves the unsubscribe link works, I didn't get an email.

Sounding desperate.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

waldo said:

MrLargo said:

Rob7Lee said:

I'd be more worried that they are giving out your email address to 47 other people......

Straightforward breach of Data Protection Act. Complain.
    Which part of DPA are you referring to? this type of comment is bandied around a lot - without justification.
    The part that requires data holders to 'you to process personal data fairly and lawfully'. Even if all 48 had given permission to share with external third parties, which seems unlikely, the club has to 'handle people’s personal data only in ways they would reasonably expect'. I don't think that includes sending out everyone's email addresses on an a message about cheap tickets.
    Thanks.
  • Options

waldo said:

MrLargo said:

Rob7Lee said:

I'd be more worried that they are giving out your email address to 47 other people......

Straightforward breach of Data Protection Act. Complain.
    Which part of DPA are you referring to? this type of comment is bandied around a lot - without justification.
    Stick your email up on here and I'll send you a link to the relevant bit...
    No thanks - I shall get 100's of emails from Lifers!
  • Options

It sums up just how shabby the business operation at the club is at the moment. Any decent club in this day will have a CRM database that will have the ticketing feed etc running into it so they know who is a season ticket holder, who has bought a match ticket, who hasnt etc etc.

The fact they just lump it all together and say 'if you are attending, great, if not well why not' is just so amateur. Any company with decent marketing and comms would have separated the two groups and targeted them in different ways.

And that's without even getting onto the fact they've just copied in others, which has to be a serious breach of data protection?

But do we not 'give them' our email address when we order season tickets, for example? Which unless we sign a disclaimer can be used anyway?
  • Options
    Very good answer regarding the Data Protection aspect this, courtesy of The Guardian; http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/libertycentral/2010/apr/26/email-data-protection-breach

• Options
    Reeks of the puppet CEO and shows her lack of experience is shameful and unfortunately for us shameless

• Options
    mogodon said:

In fairness, I suspect the marketing department are being pounded to get bums on seats and are trying anything. That's their job.

That said, it's a poor email and openly copying other email addresses must blow a massive hole in the Data Protection Act.

Why not reply all, so the club and the other 47 receive it, sending details of the next protest and thanking the club for giving you a forum to communicate with other disgruntled fans. That is likely to light a firework or two ...

Exactly
  • Options
    Marketing for match tickets should be headlined "Come and join the protests"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    masicat said:

I have had three emails addressed to Dave. Not sure who Dave is.

he's the Prime Minister silly. Katie's told him that everyone's being horrible to her and she wants something done about it NOW.

• Options
    I think the reason it's just under 50 addressees is that this is a general spam threshold. The message will have been sent to people who have previously brought groups. If anyone wants to, ahem, utilise, this data then it may be worth comparing notes to see if they have the same addressees, but i doubt if there is a) just one list or b) more than a few.
  • Options

Reading Saturday 27th February 2016 – 3.00pm kick off

FOOTBALL FOR A FIVER IS BACK!!!! – Every ticket will be Five pound why not come and join us for this Saturday fixture and be one of the first to purchase tickets for this event.

- Oh Dear, if they think I am going to tell my friends about this or even push the hashtag this time they are having a laugh,

How about #Rolandoutforafiver

A future Trust slogan? ;-)
  • Options
    Send it on to the press. Let them see how desperate the club is.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Is a trick being missed here? Maybe get together a group of 50 at the cheap price - use the protest fund to pay for it and, bingo, you've got 50 people seated in the Lower West!

Huh, but not enough to fill a bus
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Is a trick being missed here? Maybe get together a group of 50 at the cheap price - use the protest fund to pay for it and, bingo, you've got 50 people seated in the Lower West!

That's just... beautiful.
  • Options
    I have just sent this email to the sales address at the club.

'My family will not be renewing our 4 season tickets this year until the club is sold to an owner who respects the fans and the clubs traditions

I have unsubscribed to all emails from the Club.'

If they get enough of emails like this then it may make an impact.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

And/Or book a coach from Inverness for £50.