Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jacko on Twitter

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Hats off to him, I'm surprised (and a tad let down) that he let Henderson confront the media - but if the rumours are true then maybe he was a bit "busy".

A proper Captain, and someone who's literally been at the club through thick-and-thin in the last few years.

Comments

• not to be a cynical bastard about this, but the club will make some noises about doing this, but won't actually do anything and will wait for results to improve.
  • Give him the job now!!
  • Take it the players are going to reimburse? As I doubt Roland's going to want to do it out of his pocket...

• not to be a cynical bastard about this, but the club will make some noises about doing this, but won't actually do anything and will wait for results to improve.

I agree if it was the club, they'd make it as hard as possible to claim the money as they did with Bournemouth vouchers.

But as it is a Jacko and the players paying I think it will happen.

Good on him and the others. A decent jesture of contrition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley gold should reimburse. As a member, i'd be happy if they did.
  • The man is a legend
  • uie2 said:

Give him the job now!!

CEO that is
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice gesture but he and Jason Euell (who in some peoples opinions are hero's) need to step up and question what is happing to the club,
  • It shouldn't be the players, it should be out of KM and KF pocket. I am so angry but not at JJ. I suspect he is even more angry and frustrated than any of us
  • The club will probably reimburse the wrong fans going by every other cock up they make down there

97 cheques to be posted to AFC Bournemouth, Goldsands Stadium, Kings Park, Bournemouth, BH7 7AF
  • Fair play Jacko, always be a hero in my eyes. People shouldn't criticise him for not talking to the media as if reports are correct and as i have mentioned on an earlier thread, he was either breaking up a fight in the changing room or (hopefully) lamping Karel or possibly reza or anyone else who he knows didnt give a flying f about tonight! Jacko and Hendo are very good mates so couldve even been Hendo saying to him 'dont worry pal I will do this one, you sort out the lads in here' sort of thing.

I know Hendo hasn't been with us too long but he has great character about him and seems like he genuinely cares about the club as this is not the first time he has come out and spoke about what is going wrong at the club..

fair play to them both. We want our charlton back.

Very well put, and even though I think he gets played far too much these days, he is clearly a top man. If he was getting grief for not coming out, it's harsh. It's literally not his job, and I can think of numerous things I'd rather he have been doing with the players at that point.

To be fair to all of them, there are clearly few if any tactical instructions.
  • LuckyReds said:

[...]

fair play to them both. We want our charlton back.

And those two are the kind of players we want in our Charlton.

They may not be world beaters - hence them being at Charlton! - but they're both passionate and know when to apologise and when to try and rally the lads around and fight on.
    agreed mate
  • Respect. All that needs to be said of this man.
  • Tonight has shown who actually cares about the club