Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jacko on Twitter

Comments

• Deadly83 said:

Nice gesture but he and Jason Euell (who in some peoples opinions are hero's) need to step up and question what is happing to the club,

Have you got the balls to question your chief executive when he cocks up, its not really their role to get involved unless they are looking for a quick exit, which could be a good idea!.

• Halix said:

Deadly83 said:

Nice gesture but he and Jason Euell (who in some peoples opinions are hero's) need to step up and question what is happing to the club,

Have you got the balls to question your chief executive when he cocks up, its not really their role to get involved unless they are looking for a quick exit, which could be a good idea!.

What if the whole playing squad and coaches were on the same page and went knocking on KM's door. She would shit herself.
  • edited January 2016

Halix said:

Deadly83 said:

What if the whole playing squad and coaches were on the same page and went knocking on KM's door. She would shit herself.
    The problem is to get anything done they will need to visit the bunker in Belgium.
  • Plenty of other offences to be taken into consideration IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• 78.4 away fans @ huddersfield tonight

Fixed it for you ...
  • JohnnyH2 said:

if the refund does come through its going straight in the protest fund

An excellent gesture. We need to force these clowns out of our football club asap.
  • Jackson should be made Player-Manager.
  • edited January 2016
    Stephen Henderson offered an apology to Charlton supporters following Tuesday evening's heavy defeat at the hands of Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium
    Olly Groome reports from the John Smith's Stadium

Stephen Henderson offered an apology to Charlton supporters following Tuesday evening's heavy defeat at the hands of Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium.

The Addicks suffered their heaviest loss of the season as the Terriers plundered five goals without reply, and the Irishman admitted that his team's performance was, quite simply, not good enough.

"It’s not good enough," explained the goalkeeper.

"It’s embarrassing. Publicly, I’d like to apologise to our travelling fans. I know they wont think I mean it, but I genuinely want to apologise for that shocking performance tonight.

"As you can imagine, the lads are lower than they could ever be in their careers right now. I feel numb. I know a few players aren’t able to speak after the game and that's a position that I’ve not been in before.

"We need to be going out there to change this. Only we can do that. We're the players on the pitch and we need to be doing better individually."

Despite the demoralising nature of Tuesday evening's defeat, Henderson insists that Charlton have what it takes to pull themselves out of the relegation mire.

"We are three points off it," said the Irishman.

"On our performances we warrant to be far off it, but we're still only three points away from it.

"I, personally, will be doing everything I can to be putting in performances to win this team points. It’s not been happening for me, but I’m not going to give up because the club means too much to me and I know there’s lads in there who feel the same.

"Until that's gone, I wont give up."

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-stephen-henderson-apology-huddersfield-town-2898756.aspx#0xiyqXigVqEmHFU4.99

no comment from carol waste of space
  • How about we introduce something else new to English football after the success of the fans sofa. We could let each of the hundred that went take charge of a game, it could be the managers experience for the commited customers.
    Would only take two years to get through them and they can't be worse than KF
  • I was there but can't find my ticket

Went by helicopter as well

Fair play Jacko #manlove
  • Jackson should be made Player-Manager.

Pointless if he cant bring in and or play who he wants.

I think we have some characters in the squad who are not Charlton types and that has been shown up this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stephen Henderson offered an apology to Charlton supporters following Tuesday evening's heavy defeat at the hands of Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium
    Olly Groome reports from the John Smith's Stadium

Stephen Henderson offered an apology to Charlton supporters following Tuesday evening's heavy defeat at the hands of Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium.

The Addicks suffered their heaviest loss of the season as the Terriers plundered five goals without reply, and the Irishman admitted that his team's performance was, quite simply, not good enough.

"It’s not good enough," explained the goalkeeper.

"It’s embarrassing. Publicly, I’d like to apologise to our travelling fans. I know they wont think I mean it, but I genuinely want to apologise for that shocking performance tonight.

"As you can imagine, the lads are lower than they could ever be in their careers right now. I feel numb. I know a few players aren’t able to speak after the game and that's a position that I’ve not been in before.

"We need to be going out there to change this. Only we can do that. We're the players on the pitch and we need to be doing better individually."

Despite the demoralising nature of Tuesday evening's defeat, Henderson insists that Charlton have what it takes to pull themselves out of the relegation mire.

"We are three points off it," said the Irishman.

"On our performances we warrant to be far off it, but we're still only three points away from it.

"I, personally, will be doing everything I can to be putting in performances to win this team points. It’s not been happening for me, but I’m not going to give up because the club means too much to me and I know there’s lads in there who feel the same.

"Until that's gone, I wont give up."

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-stephen-henderson-apology-huddersfield-town-2898756.aspx#0xiyqXigVqEmHFU4.99

no comment from carol waste of space

Looks like some club censorship has occurred compared to the original version...
  • edited January 2016
    Credit to Henderson and Jackson for their comments and tweets and likewise to Harriott who also made public his apology.

Following this Henderson should be made vice captain as Solly who has this role has been far too quiet for my liking.
  • You see club players offering to refund fans for poor performances occasionally and have always seen it as one of the lowest things that has to happen because it shows that a team performance really was beyond inept.

Never thought I'd see the day when our players are having to do it!!
  • Notice he's prepared to pay the 78.4 but not the 1800 who went to Colchester for an equally shambolic performance.
    At this rate, after Burnley,Bristol City,Colchester,Huddersfield it seems like every away perfromance is going to be as painful if not more as confidence ebbs away (if they have any left).
    #justsaying
  • Notice he's prepared to pay the 78.4 but not the 1800 who went to Colchester for an equally shambolic performance.
    At this rate, after Burnley,Bristol City,Colchester,Huddersfield it seems like every away perfromance is going to be as painful if not more as confidence ebbs away (if they have any left).
    #justsaying

There's a difference between a bad performance (however many we have had) and a complete shambles. Plus travelling that far to watch an almost certain defeat on a cold, wet January night takes some special loyalty, as evidenced by the comments on this forum before the match
  • Best thing about this is it shows there is still, however small, a piece of "our charlton" left. We should give Jacko and Hendo a massive ovation at the next home game.
  • Davo55 said:

Best thing about this is it shows there is still, however small, a piece of "our charlton" left. We should give Jacko and Hendo a massive ovation at the next home game.

... before pelting the directors with rotten fruit?!!
  • It's about time the players took some responsibility in my opinion. I hate to see it fall on JJ and Hendo'a shoulders, but maybe it's because they are two of the few left who actually give a damn.
  • jacko and hendo are a dying breed,yes management are at fault but some of the performances last night were shocking not to have a shot on goal till the 92nd minute, the players that arent pulling there weight deserve every bit of abuse they get, and if they dont like it they can fuck off somewhere else and waste peoples time, currently we are 3 points off safety and 60 points to play for, do we really want to stay up though as roland objective at the start of the season was to stay in the league he will have met what he set out to do.
  • Great to see from Jacko, he's got his head in the right place when it comes to passionate football and courage in admitting mistakes.

Unlike a number of the squad and the entirety of the Belgian imports. Get these pricks out before they ruin us further.