Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Riga wants to help rescue Charlton - but has not been contacted by the club

"I have some love for this club and it’s just the same at this moment. But without any contact, I can’t do anything."

Full quotes:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14200706.Exclusive__Jose_Riga_wants_to_help_rescue_Charlton/

Comments

• Options
    The woman at the bottom sums up my feelings.
  • Options
    Good or bad news?
  • Options
    So if he hasn't been contacted, who at the club fed the paper the story that he was about to be appointed (most posts seemed to hint the story had come from inside). It was either mischief making or the internal lines of communication are as shredded as the external ones.
  • Options
    What the actual....????
  • Options
    Is Fraeye even going to be sacked now!! Was expecting Riga to be named as Fraeye's replacement today. What now?
  • Options
    Roland's still reviewing the 'cheapest' category at the moment - maybe Jose just falls under 'Cheap'

Farcical
  • Options
    You really couldn't make this up.
  • Options
    WSS said:

This is hilarious

Is it just me or is this getting unreal now?
  • Options
    ...Wow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is Fraeye even going to be sacked now!! Was expecting Riga to be named as Fraeye's replacement today. What now?

Means that Fraeye is unlikely to be sacked, which means I hope the press don't expect to get too many quotes from him going forwards
  • Options
    Anyone got any spare tablets to reduce blood pressure?
  • Options
    Roland considering selling up?

Hence no movement?
  • Options

WSS said:

This is hilarious

Is it just me or is this getting unreal now?
    No, it's not just you. Every time you think the club can't do much more to become more of a laughing stock, up they pop to prove you wrong.
  • Options
    Just when the whole situation couldn't get more farcical, the club trumps it
  • Options

Hence no movement?

Agree
  • Options
    This, alongside the fact that it's 10:30, and Fraeye for the time being, still appears to be our coach gives me the worrying feeling we are going to be stuck with him until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Riga is still more of the same network bollocks. Nothing against him, but there are more than 4 or 5 managers in the world Roland.

Like someone said, what are the odds of Peeters being back by the middle of next season?
  • Options

This, alongside the fact that it's 10:30, and Fraeye for the time being, still appears to be our coach gives me the worrying feeling we are going to be stuck with him until the end of the season.

I hope not. If this was the case the club would have made it known he was there until the end of the season surely.... Oh wait..... Never mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bizarre, wonder where @richcawleySLP got his info from
  • Options
    Oh dear it looks as though KM missed the "contingency management" course. I'm beginning to wonder just what elements of the course she actually attended.

Even if RD is just looking on Charlton as a financial investment he needs to realise that his current CEO is now just destroying value and need replacement pdq.
  • Options
    or is it that RD's long term plan is to appoint the Belgium team coach Wilmots at the end of the season and just wants KF until then, and as we know he does what he wants he will just continue as is or sack KF and leave Euell and/or De Cort to manage until Wilmots arrives?
  • Options
    With what Euell did for the U21s I'd hire him until Wilmots arrives if thats the case!!
  • Options

or is it that RD's long term plan is to appoint the Belgium team coach Wilmots at the end of the season and just wants KF until then, and as we know he does what he wants he will just continue as is or sack KF and leave Euell and/or De Cort to manage until Wilmots arrives?

Why would Wilmots, after managing an international team come and manage a club in League One on much reduced wages?
  • Options

Hence no movement?

That would give some sense to his current inactivity - but when has sense entered into RD's vocabulary?
  • Options
    As number one in the World, Belgium may possibly win the Euros this summer. Why would a successful National coach come to a League One side owned by someone who is barking?
  • Options
    As if we really have Wilmots lined up!
  • Options
    Wilmots, Warnock....it's like Meireightus is spreading through the Charlton Life scene sending users barmy.