Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Riga wants to help rescue Charlton - but has not been contacted by the club

Comments

• This, alongside the fact that it's 10:30, and Fraeye for the time being, still appears to be our coach gives me the worrying feeling we are going to be stuck with him until the end of the season.

I can't believe even the appalling Meire would think this was acceptable. After the on and off field events last night, Fraeye's position is untenable. Henderson pretty much made clear he is not relevant to the players either.
  • edited January 2016
    They are so thick, they will simply appoint somebody worse than the clown, if you don't think it can get any worse just wait and see.
  • What will our wacky owners do next!
  • The silence from the club is deafening.
  • edited January 2016

The silence from the club is deafening.

Business as usual for them.
  • The silence from the club is deafening.

Business as usual for then.
    Well they can't admit they got it wrong :-)
  • mogodon said:

This, alongside the fact that it's 10:30, and Fraeye for the time being, still appears to be our coach gives me the worrying feeling we are going to be stuck with him until the end of the season.

I can't believe even the appalling Meire would think this was acceptable. After the on and off field events last night, Fraeye's position is untenable. Henderson pretty much made clear he is not relevant to the players either.
    Only last week I was reading on here that the players enjoyed training under Carol !
    No matter how bad Carol is, these players should not be rolling over every game. Even back in 84 when they weren't getting paid, they were putting in more.
  • What will our wacky owners do next!

Sell the club back to the previous lot.
  • ............because they speak directly to my agent.

Come on Jose, we are not daft.
    They offered you a deal until the end of the season and you are holding out for longer.
    No shame in that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting and can see RD selling up as a possibility now. The protests have made an impact, KM continues to dismiss these in a giggly girly way and her antics are now being reported in the national media, and appears arrogant, out of her depth and totally incompetent. It will be interesting to see how long she can endure this.
    RD can see that his investment is haemorrhaging money and he may just wish to cut his losses, probably after the transfer window with his more valuable assets sold.
  • edited January 2016
    Madz said:

The silence from the club is deafening.

Business as usual for then.
    Well they can't admit they got it wrong :-)
    Because in their eyes they havent... Even if they're in charge for 30-years and send us down to League Two for that entire time, if we then won promotion in that 30th year they'd still claim that they've got it right!!
  • We have about 2 weeks left to save our club from relegation and probably more than a few years floundering around playing third division football, if not worse.

Now, I don't think Riga is necessarily the answer but I'd resigned myself to him coming in and at least having a go at avoiding that fate. To find now that even that doesn't look likely is beyond any belief.
  • if Riga has not been contacted, why was the leak made to Cawley / SLP?
  • Can't think Cawley would be too happy at being played with.
  • Maybe their email actually doesn't work?

All this time we've been giving them grief for not contacting anyone but they haven't the tools to make it work.

New IT Manager first me thinks.
  • With what Euell did for the U21s I'd hire him until Wilmots arrives if thats the case!!

Unlikely that Wilmots would want to come to Charlton, as many other posters have already expressed. But the idea of putting Euell in charge is not a bad one. I would welcome it. But would Jason really want the job for however long it would be?
  • Can't think Cawley would be too happy at being played with.

Perhaps he will spill the beans

• If they've not contacted him then they definitely haven't contacted anyone else...
  • Sponsored links:

• If they've not contacted him then they definitely haven't contacted anyone else...

Because they don't know anyone else and it's too soon to bring back Luzon
  • Heard a rumour yesterday that we're apparently lining up the Ujpest manager. Their record this season suggests the guy can actually manage which is a big step up from the idiot we currently have but as per usual he'd just be another network puppet with absolutely no experience of English football.
  • if Riga has not been contacted, why was the leak made to Cawley / SLP?

Games being played IMHO

They thought they could click their fingers and Riga would come running back.

But he hasn't. Most likely he wants more than 6 months and they don't want to offer that so we are in limbo.

Or RD just think Carol is doing fine and he can stay as long as he likes.

Who knows?
    They don't know, we don't know. This is actually amazing. When you take a step back and examine each and every movement or non movement our management are currently making, you cannot help but attach the word amazing. Not in the good sense, that this level of incompetence, mismanagement, dogshit can exist in the modern day world.

Based on Hendo's interview, those players are down on the arse. There's no way in the world they can go back into training and have any respect for the man who leads them, but nothing is happening to replace him. When the national press/media are shunned like they were last night, this only adds to the circus.

Who knows is very, very apt. Only RD knows the next move, and I have a feeling the next move is to carry on as we are
  • we are signing players who no one else really wanted.Injury prone,never made its,or careers stalled.
    Players who do wont to get injured.
    players who dont want to be here.
    Kids thrown in in the wrong positions only to be in the shop window.

An Interim "manager" who is a company man with no clue at this level
    A CEO who is a company woman and never done the job and has no clue at this level.

The new manager needs to get rid of the Boro loan player we dont need him.
    * Vaz te---utter shit no heart
    * JBG--he really dosnt want to get hurt and thats no good for us
    * Sarr---please this guy is kak.
    * Reza---dont want to be here and id bet he was promised he could leave hence him deliberately getting sent off
    * Polish Pete, The Romanian wanderer--they can both feck off

Then he needs a proper budget to get in 4 /5 good quality experienced players AT THIS LEVEL

we all know NO ONE will come here---there isnt time to do the above before the transfer window closes---there isnt the WILL from the owner to remove the CEO.

No one is coming over ShootersHill to rescue us. How bad will it get ? Bolton will get 10 points deducted and we will finish below them in front on 2,000 crowds.

Richard Murray look up the word COMPETITIVE---before you feck off.
  • or is it that RD's long term plan is to appoint the Belgium team coach Wilmots at the end of the season and just wants KF until then, and as we know he does what he wants he will just continue as is or sack KF and leave Euell and/or De Cort to manage until Wilmots arrives?

Why would Wilmots, after managing an international team come and manage a club in League One on much reduced wages?
    You don't know that is wage would be reduced...it might even be increased.

Either way he aint coming.
  • Did post some weeks ago Luzon one of the lowest paid managers in football,says it all
    for me.
    Like most of us just can't understand this crazy set up.
  • "I have some love for this club and it’s just the same at this moment. But without any contact, I can’t do anything."

Full quotes:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14200706.Exclusive__Jose_Riga_wants_to_help_rescue_Charlton/

Rich Cawley needs to out his 'source' on the 'Riga's next' "story" or his credibility is going the same way as the Four Horseturds of the Apocolypse
  • please dont come back Riga
  • If Riga hasn't been contacted, who was it who started the story that he might be coming? It wasn't his agent by any chance, was it?