Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Riga wants to help rescue Charlton - but has not been contacted by the club

13»

Comments

• Please let this be the last time Wilmots name is mentioned in regards to Charlton Athletic. Its embarrassing.

This. Made me proper lol. As if this bloke, who's going to manage Iceland at the Euros, is being lined up to take over! Another Colin classic that somehow has actually made some people believe it's true.
  • Please let this be the last time Wilmots name is mentioned in regards to Charlton Athletic. Its embarrassing.

This. Made me proper lol. As if this bloke, who's going to manage Iceland at the Euros, is being lined up to take over! Another Colin classic that somehow has actually made some people believe it's true.
    You mean Belgium...

You mean Belgium...
    That's the one ;)
  • I'm not sure anyone believed it, more a subtle pisstake than anything.
  • They are so thick, they will simply appoint somebody worse than the clown, if you don't think it can get any worse just wait and see.

How would you feel about Noel Edmunds on a 3 year deal? I think if he applies, KM would hire him.

• Mr Blobby could do a better deal than the current lot
  • .......Or is that another lie......?
  • To anyone that doubt's the job Riga did last time...

"Only Leicester City, who went on to win the title, recorded more Championships points in the remainder of 2013/14, following Riga’s appointment in March"
  • Sponsored links:

• Leicester's 28 points were from 13 matches
  • IA said:

To anyone that doubt's the job Riga did last time...

"Only Leicester City, who went on to win the title, recorded more Championships points in the remainder of 2013/14, following Riga’s appointment in March"

I've looked it up.

In terms of average points per game, we were the 13th best team in the league from Riga's appointment (11th March) to the end of the season.

We had 24 points from 16 matches. Derby and Burnley had 24 points from 12. Bournemouth and Blackburn had 24 points from 13. Lots of teams had 20+ points from 12/13 matches.
    So the statement's correct then
  • PL54 said:

IA said:

I've looked it up.

In terms of average points per game, we were the 13th best team in the league from Riga's appointment (11th March) to the end of the season.

We had 24 points from 16 matches. Derby and Burnley had 24 points from 12. Bournemouth and Blackburn had 24 points from 13. Lots of teams had 20+ points from 12/13 matches.
    The statement is correct but tells an untruth by neglecting to give the full context.
  • PL54 said:

IA said:

I've looked it up.

Do you think it's correct?
  • IA said:

I've looked it up.

Perhaps we only need worry about what points Riga gains from now.......
  • Perhaps whoever puts together the club statements should leave out stupid misleading statistics. They could have left that paragraph out of the statement and it would have been fine.
  • TBH it's the best we could've hoped for and at least he has an 18 month contract.
  • TBH it's the best we could've hoped for and at least he has an 18 month contract.

That you think Jose Riga is the best we could hope for says it all about how far we have sunk.

If it goes badly, do you honestly think RD will let him see out his contract? very unusual for him to do