Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie O'Sullivan - true sporting great

Saw Ronnie at the Masters yesterday and his performance was awesome. 40 years old and still at the top of his game. Still feel he doesn't get the credit he deserves due to the profile of snooker.
His 73 clearance to seal the victory over Mark Selby was truly superb.

Comments

• Absolutely agree Ronnie is the greatest snooker player of all time. It's just a shame he comes across as such a knob. I love watching Ronnie play but his constant "I don't want to play. I could walk away from the game. I just do it for the money" attitude, especially for somebody that talented, is just really, really annoying!
  • Absolutely agree Ronnie is the greatest snooker player of all time. It's just a shame he comes across as such a knob. I love watching Ronnie play but his constant "I don't want to play. I could walk away from the game. I just do it for the money" attitude, especially for somebody that talented, is just really, really annoying!

I agree. He's class I wish he had never gone down this I don't want it route. He wants to beat Hendry's record, of course he does. For me I see him a bit like Man Utd. I grew up watching them both smash it and wanting them to do well. Ronnie still has my affection and I think he can still go on and beat Hendry's record. Utd I just can't associate with anymore
  • A joy to watch when he plays like he did at the masters yesterday. Great to see a bloke at the top of his game and performing like that.
  • class player. one of the few now I actually enjoy watching.
  • Not many people make the transition from Horse Racing commentator to professional snooker player, so well done I say.
  • Yep .. best ever .. might not win as much as Davis/Hendry but a real natural genius for the game .. The George Best of Snooker
  • Please explain what all this has to do with CAFC?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

It's...not a sport...

What, like NFL and Baseball?? It's a sport!
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

It's...not a sport...

What, like NFL and Baseball?? It's a sport!
    NFL and Baseball you need a certain level of Athletic ability to be able to succeed. Darts and Snooker are hobbies, or games, but not a true sport. Chess isn't a sport, Monopoly isn't a sport, Poker isn't a sport, NFL and baseball definitely are
  • waldo said:

Please explain what all this has to do with CAFC?

Bugger CAFC for 5 minutes this is Ronnie we're talking about.
  • Well, apart from Ronnie being a knob, and his Dad being a murderer,i dont particular like the O'Sullivan brand, but yeah, he's a 'true sporting great'!
  • waldo said:

Please explain what all this has to do with CAFC?

this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BliAPzEsao0
  • edited January 2016
    He might get more credit if he didn't spend 80% of his interviews whinging about his lot in life and running down his sport.

Very talented but also a bit of a bellend. Threw away several chances to win tournaments because of his petulance and with them he lost the chance to have the career stats to back up his reputation as the best ever player

Not sure how much credit he deserves tbh, everyone says he's the best ever, what further acclaim would you like him to get?
  • Great display this week to win the Masters. Hopefully be up for the World Championship.
  • What a joke.

He hasn't played in a tournament for 8 months and he comes back and beats the world number 1, the world champion and wins 10-1 in the final.

Unreal.
  • Whatever you think of him (as a person) he is amazing to watch. Some of the shots that he takes on and gets are incredible. He is the greatest snooker player ever.
  • I think he's the most talented British sportsman I've seen.
  • GOAT in my opinion
  • Sponsored links:

• Knew a comment like that was coming, as soon as I pressed post comment.
  • that is kind of hilarious tbf
  • Love watching him play but he really is an arsehole. Pretty sure the crowd would h loved to have seen a 147.
  • edited February 2016
    Anyone who follows him on Twitter would have seen him going crazy about someone (Sports promoter?) called Matt Balme who seems to have conned Ronnie out of £125,000 plus loads of other people, allegedly stealing money, cars and defrauding innocent people who can't afford to lose money. Ronnie spent most of the weekend re-tweeting other people who had been conned. Seemed very upset!
  • Great snooker player, comes across as an absolute twat though!
  • Didn't he almost do similar a few years back too?
    Got to 140 with just the black left, asked what the prize was and when he was told it was "only" 10 grand he put his cue down to end the break.
    Ref had to convince him to pot it.