Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC take on the situation

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    kentred2 said:

Uboat said:

kentred2 said:

Miere follows the BBC style of bullshit and misrepresentation so it is not surprising they support her.

The BBC, a huge corporation with hundreds of employees, supports Meire?
    Right you are.
    BBC news.

The BBC support what they see as authority.
    You must never watch Panorama if you believe that.

The BBC are accused of Being left wing by the Tories.

and being too Liberal and sycophantic by Labour.

I didn't expect a news item at 6.45 to be anything else but put both sides of the story. If one side tells porkies, then not being Panorama it will come across as lame to fans like us.

If you start slagging off the BBC on this issue, you as individuals really don't understand how the media work. there job is to portray both sides of the story, We have had great Publicity from Radio 5(BBC) and Talksport with Danny Kelly showing what a great Broadcaster and Football fan he is by giving our cause a great airing with the Airman Brown interview.

Anyone who knows me or saw me at the protests or Hull yesterday,
    Knows that the battle to save our club go'es on.

I really hope that as our demise is coming quicker than any of us could
    of envisaged: not a death by a 1000 cuts but we have just been guillotined
    by the most deluded Owner and CEO it is possible to have.

• Options

kentred2 said:

Uboat said:

kentred2 said:

Miere follows the BBC style of bullshit and misrepresentation so it is not surprising they support her.

Right you are.
    BBC news.

I didn't expect a news item at 6.45 to be anything else but put both sides of the story. If one side tells porkies, then not being Panorama it will come across as lame to fans like us.

If you start slagging off the BBC on this issue, you as individuals really don't understand how the media work. there job is to portray both sides of the story, We have had great Publicity from Radio 5(BBC) and Talksport with Danny Kelly showing what a great Broadcaster and Football fan he is by giving our cause a great airing with the Airman Brown interview.

I think the point is that it didn't tell both sides of the story. It said we were unhappy with results, meanwhile the club had appointed a popular manager, invested in the training ground, increased the playing budget, invested in the pitch and reached more than 50,000 people through community work.

That's 5 vs 1, and the 1 on our side isn't even the point of our protests.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=845258582182507&id=128645453843827

didn't see this Christmas Eve 2014 (seems a long time ago) but it seems the reporter and KM have met before, may explain the lame coverage last night

Explains it all. Can't blame the BBC for that but can question the objectivity of the reporter who is probably more concerned with maintaining a contact (and a female one in football, always useful) than being a journalist. A shame.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

SE7toSG3 said:

didn't see this Christmas Eve 2014 (seems a long time ago) but it seems the reporter and KM have met before, may explain the lame coverage last night

Explains it all. Can't blame the BBC for that but can question the objectivity of the reporter who is probably more concerned with maintaining a contact (and a female one in football, always useful) than being a journalist. A shame.
    It happens though. And we suspect she was proactively encouraged by the Club. Let's..er..move on. We have BBC London Radio Sport right behind us, and some of those guys such as Pete Stevens cross over to the TV. If we do a good, media friendly job on the 23rd, I'm sure there will be good coverage.

• Options
    ads said:

cabbles said:

The Independent article on the FB group was very good. The bloody BBC to concerned with giving Sue Barker a job rather than writing up a proper a report about the mess we're in. Scum, sub human scum

That bloody Sue Barker, living the high life at snooker tournaments at the license payers expense
    I thought that was Hazel Irvine?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

kentred2 said:

BBC news.

And yet the government despise them because they see them as left-wing and anti-authority. Damned if you do ...

Not sure why so many on CL have been moaning that the media have been ignoring is, and then when they start paying attention moaning that the media is not peddling the very line we want them to. All publicity helps get the message out all is not well. Was it a good piece of journalism? No. But it spreads the word and makes it gradually harder for the regime to keep silent
    Bit of sense here.
  • Options

Local TV news is always superficial - seen it many times in other contexts. No conspiracy, just not very good at understanding or relating the story if it is in any way complicated.

I recently complained about BBC SE News referring to a 2014 report into Thanet District Council with a huge graphic of the word "corruption" when the report indicated nothing of the sort.

A pre 2010 (Tory) council leader had gone to prison for something he'd done in office, but it was beyond them to understand that wasn't what the self-commissioned 2014 report into a different (Labour) administration was about. Got a load of waffle back, but basically it was too complicated for them. The graphic was still outrageous. Hardly a left-wing conspiracy.

They are also obsessed with UKIP, which came third in Kent in the general election, a point they prefer to gloss over in presenting them as the opposition to the incumbent Tories.

Mind you, the ITV local news is unwatchable.

Chrissie Reidy is really good!
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

British bullshit corporation at it again

Love it mate!
    Hilarious.

Is this the same corporation that gave me 7 minutes last night to say exactly what I wanted to on behalf of Charlton supporters, whose London sport team are giving us support virtually every time they go on air, and which blew the lid off the scandal which is West Ham's Olympic Stadium rental?

I guess I must have missed the incisive hard hitting coverage from ITV and Sky.

joke
    [johk]
    Spell Syllables
    Synonyms Examples Word Origin
    noun
    something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act:
    He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.
    something that is amusing or ridiculous, especially because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce:
    Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.
    a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter:
    The loss was no joke.
    something that does not present the expected challenge; something very easy:
    The test was a joke for the whole class.
    practical joke.
    verb (used without object), joked, joking.
    to speak or act in a playful or merry way:
    He was always joking with us.
    to say something in fun or teasing rather than in earnest; be facetious:
    He didn't really mean it, he was only joking.
    verb (used with object), joked, joking.
    to subject to jokes; make fun of; tease.
    to obtain by joking:
    The comedian joked coins from the audience.
    Are you saying the "Love it ..." comment was a joke?
    You seem to have time on your hands? My lounge needs decorating.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

kentred2 said:

Uboat said:

kentred2 said:

Right you are.
    BBC news.

I think the point is that it didn't tell both sides of the story. It said we were unhappy with results, meanwhile the club had appointed a popular manager, invested in the training ground, increased the playing budget, invested in the pitch and reached more than 50,000 people through community work.

Which is why we need to see huge numbers protesting after a win at The Valley. It would show that it's more than just results.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Chunes said:

I'm a huge BBC fan.

Each to their own but perhaps the wrong forum to advertise this. Especially on a family club chatroom ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    waldo said:

Local TV news is always superficial - seen it many times in other contexts. No conspiracy, just not very good at understanding or relating the story if it is in any way complicated.

I recently complained about BBC SE News referring to a 2014 report into Thanet District Council with a huge graphic of the word "corruption" when the report indicated nothing of the sort.

A pre 2010 (Tory) council leader had gone to prison for something he'd done in office, but it was beyond them to understand that wasn't what the self-commissioned 2014 report into a different (Labour) administration was about. Got a load of waffle back, but basically it was too complicated for them. The graphic was still outrageous. Hardly a left-wing conspiracy.

They are also obsessed with UKIP, which came third in Kent in the general election, a point they prefer to gloss over in presenting them as the opposition to the incumbent Tories.

Mind you, the ITV local news is unwatchable.

Chrissie Reidy is really good!
    Rachael the local weather girl down in the S.E is a sort!
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

Probably mates after that meeting - they seemed to have that 'connection'.
    Sisters are doin' it for themselves!
  • Options

Chunes said:

kentred2 said:

Uboat said:

kentred2 said:

Right you are.
    BBC news.

Which is why we need to see huge numbers protesting after a win at The Valley. It would show that it's more than just results.
    A win at The Valley?! Now you are taking things too far, surely?