Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long before fans turn against the players?

13»

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

I have just double checked with regard to Fraeye and his (malign?) influence on the mainly crap players we've recruited. Whilst I would not assume they're all his, I would say the significant majority are.

Anyway, I have just checked with a well informed close source to the erstwhile coaching set up at Charlton, and was again told that part of the reason Riga and Peeters got the boot was because they didn't like Fraeye's influence.
    I won't reveal my source, but I have 100% faith in it.

I still maintain that there is no rift in the unholy trinity of Miere/Fraeye/Duchatelet and I think that Ricks report about that meeting between Colchester and Huddersfield was a desperate attempt by the regime to get at the players rather than accept responsibility.

But if that's the case, why didn't they keep Fraeye on after Riga left?

Edit: Not saying you're wrong by the way, just genuinely trying to understand what goes on in this madman's head.
    Maybe they thought they could 'control' Peeters. After all the only player Fraeye has admitted having anything to do with was Vetokele, who was the Peeters sweetner.
    On that terrible open day when there was a Q&A with Peeters and Jacko, Katrien was sitting just out of sight by an open side door to the room.
    At the start of the Peeters spell they felt in total control, what with Murray going on about Buyens, and the new pitch and all, and Katrien was the Queen Bee at the time.
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

JBG £14k pw
    Igor £15k pw
    Cousins £10k pw
    That's just a few off them .
    Not bad for not putting a shift in

Nah. Surely not. If that's true that can all go f... Themselves and I won't be back.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I have just double checked with regard to Fraeye and his (malign?) influence on the mainly crap players we've recruited. Whilst I would not assume they're all his, I would say the significant majority are.

Anyway, I have just checked with a well informed close source to the erstwhile coaching set up at Charlton, and was again told that part of the reason Riga and Peeters got the boot was because they didn't like Fraeye's influence.
    I won't reveal my source, but I have 100% faith in it.

I still maintain that there is no rift in the unholy trinity of Miere/Fraeye/Duchatelet and I think that Ricks report about that meeting between Colchester and Huddersfield was a desperate attempt by the regime to get at the players rather than accept responsibility.

But if that's the case, why didn't they keep Fraeye on after Riga left?

Edit: Not saying you're wrong by the way, just genuinely trying to understand what goes on in this madman's head.
    Maybe they thought they could 'control' Peeters. After all the only player Fraeye has admitted having anything to do with was Vetokele, who was the Peeters sweetner.
    On that terrible open day when there was a Q&A with Peeters and Jacko, Katrien was sitting just out of sight by an open side door to the room.
    At the start of the Peeters spell they felt in total control, what with Murray going on about Buyens, and the new pitch and all, and Katrien was the Queen Bee at the time.
    I bet they were feeling smug because their amazing decision to sack CP and appoint Riga worked out. Probably thought they had this Championship lark all sewn up.

We all know that Peeters was responsible for bringing in Igor, no matter how much Fraeye wants to kid himself that he had a hand in it. I 100% believe that Fraeye has been responsible for some of our terrible signings, particularly in the early days. I just hope that Roland has found out for himself that actually, he knows nothing about football and he will now stop relying on the guy to feed him useful information, especially where Charlton are concerned.
  • Options

itsmyball said:

JBG £14k pw
    Igor £15k pw
    Cousins £10k pw

Nah. Surely not. If that's true that can all go f... Themselves and I won't be back.
    Yeah, but you can't ask them to play twice a week for that money, can you?

• Options
    With the exception of the centre back pairing (OK I guess that's pretty important) todays line up looked half decent on paper.
    I wonder if the players have turned against the regime as well and don't give a toss?
  • Options
    I know that giving the Huddersfield heroes some money is nice and all that, but isn't it always better if someone takes the trouble to buy you a present rather than bunging you a tenner? isn't it easier just to bung someone a tenner than taking the trouble to buy them a present.

What I would like to see is the players turn left when going out for their pre match warm up next Saturday, and join in with a large crowd of protesters in the West Stand car park before the game. That'll help them get warm, and might even help them focus, and get motivated. it would sure as hell motivate the fans.

• Options
    seth plum said:

For a start I don't give a damn about Vaz Te, Johnson, Williams, Reza, Cebellos...lost faith in Sarr,Kashi, Bauer, Mackinok, Henderson and JBG, and forgotten others.
    I still like Solly, Jacko, Cousins, Diarra. I also want to get behind the home grown players.
    Most of all I hate Katrien Roland Murray (now) and Karel and I am determined that if they succeed in destroying Charlton Athletic than they sustain as much damage as they can get. This is a bit of a dirty nasty war, and in a minute the usual trolls will come on here trying to tell those of us who care that we have no perspective, well after this regime is gone, maybe we can do the trolls next.
    I feel like a drowning man, and I want to take these lot down with me if that's the way it's going to have to be.
    Sorry players, to get back to the topic. Get off your mobile devices as you check out the fancy cars, and do some actual real work. I don't care that you say you don't mean to play bad, right now you are bad, and are getting the reaction your play deserves.

Kashi hasn't played much and is a longterm injury so how could you lose faith in him?
  • Options
    uie2 said:

seth plum said:

For a start I don't give a damn about Vaz Te, Johnson, Williams, Reza, Cebellos...lost faith in Sarr,Kashi, Bauer, Mackinok, Henderson and JBG, and forgotten others.
    I still like Solly, Jacko, Cousins, Diarra. I also want to get behind the home grown players.
    Most of all I hate Katrien Roland Murray (now) and Karel and I am determined that if they succeed in destroying Charlton Athletic than they sustain as much damage as they can get. This is a bit of a dirty nasty war, and in a minute the usual trolls will come on here trying to tell those of us who care that we have no perspective, well after this regime is gone, maybe we can do the trolls next.
    I feel like a drowning man, and I want to take these lot down with me if that's the way it's going to have to be.
    Sorry players, to get back to the topic. Get off your mobile devices as you check out the fancy cars, and do some actual real work. I don't care that you say you don't mean to play bad, right now you are bad, and are getting the reaction your play deserves.

Kashi hasn't played much and is a longterm injury so how could you lose faith in him?
    I know, I haven't lost faith in his ability, but faith that he will ever play for us again.

• Options
    I would like to hire Airwolf for the day, drop down the centre of the stadium hovering pointing at the Director's box and then fire missiles at the box followed by some machine guns before flying off.

Would need to have the music from Airwolf playing though.
  • Options
    How about this next week
    Henderson

Solly Konsa Lennon Fox

Poyet Cousins Holmes-Dennis

Harriot Jackson

Lookman

Dodgy at centre back probably but all Charlton academy apart from Henderson and Jackson who are there for their effort and commitment to the cause and fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How about this next week
    Henderson

Solly Konsa Lennon Fox

Harriot Jackson

Lookman

Dodgy at centre back probably but all Charlton academy apart from Henderson and Jackson who are there for their effort and commitment to the cause and fans

They might have the commitment to the cause, but we can't rely on a team of teenagers to get us out of trouble. They are still learning, and whilst some of them may have potential, it's going to take a few years before they reach that potential. I love seeing our youngsters come through, but it pains me to watch them thrown to the wolves out of sheer desperation.
  • Options
    That team wouldn't lose 6-0 anywhere.
  • Options

How about this next week
    Henderson

Solly Konsa Lennon Fox

Harriot Jackson

Lookman

They might have the commitment to the cause, but we can't rely on a team of teenagers to get us out of trouble. They are still learning, and whilst some of them may have potential, it's going to take a few years before they reach that potential. I love seeing our youngsters come through, but it pains me to watch them thrown to the wolves out of sheer desperation.
    Agreed. Would just be nice to see how they did
  • Options
    Reading the many messages in the last week it seems next Saturday could be a disaster on many fronts.

Suggest two things,we are down so let us make matchplay unmanageable by supporting the away team.
    I
    Second,people should not renew their season ticket for 2016/17 season.

I choose last summer not to renew.

You don't have to attend games to be a supporter of your club.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    We aren't down, we have enough games to survive. Rather go down fighting than thinking its a lost cause and giving up. It's not looking good admittedly, but we have to fight.
  • Options
    The fans haven't turned on the players yet and have been fairly supportive , has that worked ?
  • Options
    I said months ago that the players are to blame as well for this mess and i got slagged off by other fan, I still stand by what i said about the players they are to blame.
  • Options
    How could any one turn against a bunch of gutless surrender monkeys. Such fine qualities in a football team. Although I will accept that this is a symptom of the poison running through this club.
  • Options
    The players and the fans are at their lowest ebb. Professional footballers or not they won't be immune to the poisonous feeling pervading the terraces, dressing room and club. They will know full well the problems caused by the inadequacies of Duchatelet's ridiculous regime. It's tough performing well under those conditions and I suspect Fraeye was the final straw for them.

By way of example I give you our very own Chris Solly. I doubt anyone would disagree that CS has been a shadow of what we know he is capable of and sometimes has even looked a very poor player. If this cancerous regime can have that effect on Solly then just imagine its impact on those new or less committed players.

Everything needs to be re booted. Riga needs to give back to the players the confidence in their ability. Pick leaders on the pitch and create a siege mentality. They are not all bad footballers. They have just been ground down by useless management and left wanting for reinforcements.

Not only has Jose got to make this happen on the training ground he's also, up to a point got to do exactly the same with us supporters.

Duchatelet can go **** himself but the players and fans need to be rallied. The players on the pitch and the fans in the stands and now also in the car park.

Can Riga achieve this in the time given ? It's tough but even if he gives us back some pride but runs out of time and points to play for he will have succeeded.

There is a tumour in the football club and it's not either the players, manager or supporters.

We must make it impossible for RD not to see selling as his best option.

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just wait til the first blackburn goal on saturday.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    First 4 games of the season Kashi played in front of Bauer and Diarra,
    Solly and fox(yes he was) were solid. Even thou Pope dropped a clanger
    we beat Hull 2-1. after we beat QPR and good draws at Forest and Derby.

Can't remember too many predicted the worse on field, back to back results in our history. The opposite was true with many CL and Charlton Folk either having a wager on Play offs (Not Me) or big bets on finishing in the top half of the table(ME ME ME)

We are a terrible team now;a total disgrace.

We have 8 or 9 decent player, but when your head goes on the battle field or the playing field you Become a liability.

We are truly broken from top to bottom.

If Jose Riga turns this around he is either a genius or a very lucky Man.

• Options

Solly, Cousins and the other less experienced youth are the only ones I have any warmth too. Some of the shit that has passed through this club is unbelievable. Who on earth scouted Sarr, Reza, Williams, Johnson?

That is the burning question.

Who the f*** is doing the scouting?
  • Options

itsmyball said:

JBG £14k pw
    Igor £15k pw
    Cousins £10k pw

So much for foreigners being a cheap option.
  • Options
    Nothing is cheep about those players .
    Get paid more in a month than most earn in a year .
    If you showed as little conviction in your job week in week out you would get the sack .
    But footballers get away with is by blaming the manager .
    They need to take a long hard look at themselves .
    Not fit to wear the shirt .
    None of them want to be at the club .
    And that is clearly visable .
    I have supported Charlton for 40 years and this is the most guttless team I have seen wear the shirt .
    I will be protesting at the weekend and wearing my black and scarf along with my two boys .
    Get out of OUR club if you don't care
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    For all the angst, a win on Saturday and they will be cheered from the pitch. Three or four wins in the next half dozen matches and the past week will be a bad but fading memory. Avoid relegation and the summer talk will be of promotion and how Jose Riga is the second coming. Such is the world of football.
  • Options

"ShootersHillGuru">The players and the fans are at their lowest ebb. Professional footballers or not they won't be immune to the poisonous feeling pervading the terraces, dressing room and club. They will know full well the problems caused by the inadequacies of Duchatelet's ridiculous regime. It's tough performing well under those conditions and I suspect Fraeye was the final straw for them.

By way of example I give you our very own Chris Solly. I doubt anyone would disagree that CS has been a shadow of what we know he is capable of and sometimes has even looked a very poor player. If this cancerous regime can have that effect on Solly then just imagine its impact on those new or less committed players.

Everything needs to be re booted. Riga needs to give back to the players the confidence in their ability. Pick leaders on the pitch and create a siege mentality. They are not all bad footballers. They have just been ground down by useless management and left wanting for reinforcements.

Not only has Jose got to make this happen on the training ground he's also, up to a point got to do exactly the same with us supporters.

Duchatelet can go **** himself but the players and fans need to be rallied. The players on the pitch and the fans in the stands and now also in the car park.

Can Riga achieve this in the time given ? It's tough but even if he gives us back some pride but runs out of time and points to play for he will have succeeded.

There is a tumour in the football club and it's not either the players, manager or supporters.

We must make it impossible for RD not to see selling as his best option.

Agree with all of that, can we keep the cancerous bit out of these threads though

• Options
    Players are all underperforming and the toxic atmosphere can only demoralise them further.
    Any players who can will want to leave.

If fans do turn on the players I can't see performances getting much worse after the last two games.