Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga interview after Hull - Listen here

Comments

• Options
    What a decent guy Riga comes across as. Not a fucking gibbering idiot like Fraeye or an alien like Luzon. I guess after Blackpool, twoshits looks positively saneish.
  • Options

Very good interview. I trust Riga, like I trusted Powell.

He says he came back, because he has an affinity with Charlton and their fans.

He didn't come back for Roland.

I like the bloke and I wish him every success.

Support Riga and the team. Not the regime (RD & KM).

Agreed, and he didn't sound well. It has obviously been a hectic week for him. Negotiating with Roland is enough to stress anyone out.
    I thought he sounded ill too. Was trying to make up my mind whether he actually has some kind of throat problem or whether it was because he was screaming from the sidelines for 90 minutes.
    Screaming for 90 min. Didn't leave the technical area and was constantly giving instructions.

Shows his integrity that he took responsibility even though he has only been back a day. A bloody good assessment in just 24 hours.

This man is not the enemy.

Indeed. Listen to that interview and notice how hoarse he sounds. Already he's done more work than 'Kapitan Kretin' Karel in those ninety minutes or so. Karel couldn't be seen on Tuesday night. Jose has spoken more sense and speaks about the importance of the fans, so already you can see he's singing from a different hymn sheet than his employers. It's sad he wasn't brought in seven or eight games ago because he has really got his work cut out. Vaz Te, Johnson, Williams and even Poyet are surplus to requirements. Jose would have had more say on some creditable players and would have had more of a chance. I still believe in the short time at Blackpool he performed a bloody miracle getting a competitive team together. He has charisma, he got Harriott and Sordell firing last time. I hope we aren't quick to get on his back. If we do go down I hope he's given a chance to get us back up, but nothing's stable under this fucking regime.
  • Options

Shows his integrity that he took responsibility even though he has only been back a day. A bloody good assessment in just 24 hours.

This man is not the enemy.

Agree he is not the enemy (even though he comes from their lovely ranks). Nor is he the answer to our prayers.
  • Options
    As I said when it was announced he was coming back, I believe he "gets" our club. Having heard that I am now convinced of it. Hope he can get the "right" players that he wants. Still deserves praise for coming back to Charlton and the fans rather than RD.
  • Options
    Good interview. Riga is a step up from Peeters, Luzon and Fraeye, for sure. However, I don't think he is what we really need and I don't think he will keep us up. If he does, he'll be a new Charlton hero.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed and although having someone as a manager who actually seems to understand something about football and not be a total fucking idiot isn't enough, it's a lot better than having a total fucking idiot in charge of the team.
  • Options
    Nice bloke and all that but for our current predicament I believe a nut bag like warnock or Holloway (he helped the scum down so he ain't all bad) could have instilled a siege mentality in our team to help us battle our way out of a real grim situation
    We're gonna need all hands to the pump to get out of this and not the lay down and die attitude that our joke of a team have been producing of late , no matter who is in charge it hasn't been anywhere near good enough
  • Options
    After the cliched "show lots of character" pigeon English of Luzon and the bum that cam from Fraeye's mouth it is nice to hear someone sounding sensible again. Small mercies.
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options

Duchatelet change his ways?

Not a chance. He's got another manager on board from THE NETWORK!

And throwing that kid on at the end is Classic Duchatelet instruction.

He may talk like he's different but I'm afraid Riga's another Belgian lap dog that got very lucky last time round.

This.
  • Options
    I like Riga but he has been dealt a very poor hand. It's far from impossible but unlikely he can turn us around in time. We have some good players. The key here will be the number and quality of who we bring in. We will know just how much support Riga has been given within two weeks. Anything less than four decent players and we are toast.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    LoOkOuT said:

All of this positivity for Riga:

The owner's latest plan is working.

If Roland didn't own the club he wouldn't even have been considered as manager.

He'll have to perform a literal miracle, rather than talk about one, to gain an once of respect from me.

As long as the protests continue then it's not working. Support the team not the regime wasn't it? Since Riga should have a positive influence on the team, we need to back him. At least until he gives us grounds not to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely Euall must have suggested that? How is Riga going to know the lad?

Agree not a good thing to do though
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

The owners latest plan is working.

He'll have to perform a literal miracle, rather than talk about one, to gain an once of respect from me.

1000% this sadly

• Options
    I don't agree that people being slightly positive about Riga means "the owners latest plan is working", and I believe that will be clearly shown at the Blackburn game. At least I really, really hope so.
  • Options
    Riga was stood on the touchline for almost 90 minutes and not one chant for him. He's got to seriously change things anyone sing his name. He knows the fans are rightly angry at the club for putting them through this unacceptable shit. He's now part of the club that is causing this pain. He's either part of the solution or part of the problem. We'll soon find out. He get's my backing as every new manager starts with a clean slate, but if he has to fight with Roland and if that means kicking Katrien out of the way, then so be it. He has to show the club who is boss. He should pick the players to buy, the players to play and importantly the players to sell. If not, then ther'se no point in having employed him.
  • Options
    I like Riga and we should get behind him. Otherwise we'll help to send us down.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

LoOkOuT said:

The owners latest plan is working.

1000% this sadly

Yep - the acceptable, shiny & polished face of the regime.
  • Options
    I'll be there next week supporting the team and the manager. KM and RD, me the boy and his friend will be protesting. When two five year olds really detest you you've got issies
  • Options
    Fair play to him, very good interview. Can't say I think he had anything to do with the result today, doubt he had a proper training session with the lads. If he'd been appointed Tuesday night, that might have been different.

That said, the work starts now for him. His work in training over the next week could condemn us or start a comeback. Unlike a few on here, I think our squad has the ability to be far above where we are. If he gets anything near the level these players are capable of, he'll keep us up.