Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga interview after Hull - Listen here

13»

Comments

• Options
    Whether that's true or not, it was a sensible thing to say. He knew why he was being asked and was sharp enough to say something sensible. Unlike previous 2 managers .
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Dave2l said:

We will obviously still lose at least the next couple of games, but hopefully more respectively and progressively. Team needs to re-build.
    It's all just such a dam mess.

Riga needs to sign players and sign players quickly and sign players that he wants!

If he addresses this to KM and she says oh wait let me just check the suitability database...

Shut up bitch! Where signing Kermorgant!

While your at it make yourself useful and get in touch with Ronaldo's agent, ya slag

...............and put the f*cking kettle on.

In my own mind that's how I imagine Riga to be.

:smile:

Sorry, but it seems like a fantasy to me that ANY of RD's head coaches get their choice of players. At best, they probably get to compile a shortlist, then they have to hope their first or second choices actually turn up.

Given the track record of this regime, the coach probably often ends up with someone totally different and unwanted, or no-one.

The regime has got 15 days and, again, the track record is that they make few or no signings in the last week or so of any window. I'm expecting two or three more uninspiring free agents and/or loans, but only on a "wheel and deal" basis, so that the bloody wages budget isn't broken by more than whatever amount RD is prepared to sanction, given the dire straits we're in.
  • Options
    The key question is whether he is going to be backed at all. He wont get us out of the mess with what he has got.
  • Options
    As usual, Muttley hits the nail on the head. Roland and Meir have gone about dismantling the structure of the club since Riga last graced our duggout. I simply don't belive there are enough hands on shoulders in the world to lift the morale of these players. We need decent signings now. At least, Sarr and Johnson can be loaned out to Welling to get some match time, and Williams should be sent back (great idea to start refurbishing other club's injuries in our position). If anyone in the squad does'nt want Watt back, they should maybe try to show he's unnecessary by raising their game.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

A lot more decency and integrity on the surface, but as mentioned, bringing a kid on for his debut at 0-5 is not something Curbs or Powell would have done in a million years.

If we always wait until things are going well, then any new kids will have to wait until next season.

At 5-0 down, Umerah isn't going to be associated with any blame. Riga, no doubt, wanted to have a look at him in a competitive situation rather just in training. Sounds like the lad didn't let anyone down and may have made a good impression because he was up for the battle despite the score-line.
  • Options
    A good interview, he says on 2 occasions he wants new players into the side, also liked what he said about coming back because its Charlton and not because of RD. He quite clearly is having a couple of small digs at RD in the interview....I was sceptical (still am), but he sounds as though he knows what he wants. Nonetheless we still need to remove RD and co from our club, preferably this month!!
  • Options
    In one interview he has said more right things than Fraeye ever did. It's a start. Time will tell.

Protests must still continue regardless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But not aimed at him or the team. At least as long as he continues his current position and never defends the coward. That is important. Seeing as Roland was about to appoint somebody else, we need to ensure that we claim Riga is ours in this. And he needs to ensure that we see that is where he wants to be.
  • Options
    To be completely honest, I know English isn't his first language, but I really struggled to understand what he was saying in big chunks of that interview. I got the general gist, but quite often there was just a collection of words that appeared to be used randomly.

I genuinely wish him the best, for all our sakes, as he does come across as a decent bloke. but is this really the best we could've hoped for?
  • Options
    Riga says he knows the objective, and is prepared to face the stark reality, and he wants the players, supporters and regime to face up to that reality.
    He may be wrong.
    It may be too late.
    But he tellingly says that if he is not 'helped' then the objective won't be reached, and even with help it is a tough ask.
    That's my take this morning, we have a couple of weeks left to find out if Riga will properly supported.
  • Options
    The players and the fans are at their lowest ebb. Professional footballers or not they won't be immune to the poisonous feeling pervading the terraces, dressing room and club. They will know full well the problems caused by the inadequacies of Duchatelet's ridiculous regime. It's tough performing well under those conditions and I suspect Fraeye was the final straw for them.

By way of example I give you our very own Chris Solly. I doubt anyone would disagree that CS has been a shadow of what we know he is capable of and sometimes has even looked a very poor player. If this cancerous regime can have that effect on Solly then just imagine its impact on those new or less committed players.

Everything needs to be re booted. Riga needs to give back to the players the confidence in their ability. Pick leaders on the pitch and create a siege mentality. They are not all bad footballers. They have just been ground down by useless management and left wanting for reinforcements.

Not only has Jose got to make this happen on the training ground he's also, up to a point got to do exactly the same with us supporters.

Duchatelet can go **** himself but the players and fans need to be rallied. The players on the pitch and the fans in the stands and now also in the car park.

Can Riga achieve this in the time given ? It's tough but even if he gives us back some pride but runs out of time and points to play for he will have succeeded.

There is a tumour in the football club and it's not either the players, manager or supporters.

We must make it impossible for RD not to see selling as his best option.

COYR
  • Options

A good man in a bad job.

Like the guy, spoke a lot on common sense and also demonstrated a clear understanding of what it will take to avoid relegation. Wish him all the best but in the end it will come down to the squad and to be frank in all my years this has to be the weakest I've ever seen, with several 'players' showing they just do not have what it takes to stay in the league.
  • Options
    L'equipe wrote about our loss at the weekend, given Riga was at Metz and got sacked, and a few of the commenters don't think Riga is cut out to be a manager

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153331967937066&id=76283417065