Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 World Heavyweight Champions (AJ v Klitshko from Page 20)

Comments

• Options
    Watched the showtime coverage and they had Wilder in the studio, he said if Joshua beats Klitschko he will 100% fight him before the end of 2017
  • Options

Klitschko might be a step too far. Going from 0 to top 5.

Should've fought Ortiz or Haye next as a tune up.

Joshua will slaughter him.

Klitschko might be a step too far. Going from 0 to top 5.

Should've fought Ortiz or Haye next as a tune up.

Joshua will slaughter him.
    If it's the same Klitschko that fought Fury I agree. If it's the Klitschko that beat Haye I don't think it'll be an easy win at all for Joshua.
    That was a long time ago.
    Joshua will be far too powerful.
    Klitschko has always been known for being chinny. He just plays it safe and never gets hit behind that long jab.

Hopefully the 18 months has refreshed him and we get a great even fight. If he's slowed down due to age he'll get beaten up.
  • Options
    Joshua vs Haye before the end of 2017 I reckon
  • Options

Hearn won't let Joshua take that, it would be an enormous fight and one I'd love to see but sadly I don't think it will happen while Joshua is promoted by Hearn
  • Options

Unless Haye looks really old really soon they won't put Joshua anywhere near Haye I don't think
  • Options
    I think a couple of you are paying Haye too much respect. Been inactive and the division has moved on
  • Options
    Whyte/Chisora fight was fantastic.

AJ fight to one sided, although I think everyone underestimates AJs power
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Whyte/Chisora fight was fantastic.

AJ fight to one sided, although I think everyone underestimates AJs power

Those that have felt it don't
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AJ has a decent punch but he doesn't hit as hard as wilder, wilder sleeps people! I haven't seen AJ do that to anybody.

He has still beat nobody in the top 5, he has zero head movement and In the few rounds that whyte used his jab against him his offence was nowhere near as effective, and whyte doesn't even have a world class jab.

If kiltschko has enough left I see a boring shut out win for kiltschko who is the master winning the jab contest and landing the odd right (which is just as hard as AJ's)

Saying that, he may well be shot and as somebody said wil be 41 when the fight happens.
  • Options
    Want to see Joshua fight Parker, then a defence against Povetkin/Stiverne/Pulev/Ortiz before a unification bout against Bomber. Can't wait for the Klitchko bout... For me there should have been one more filler fight against someone more testing (Jennings/Briggs???) before taking this one... Will certainly be interesting.
  • Options
    Hearn said in an interview back in April/May that Molina wouldnt last 3 rounds with Joshua. Then in December he says its a big test and he was worried.
    While hundreds of thousand of people keep paying there £17 he'll continue to say whatever he likes. Haha
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    To be fair to Hearne he does seem to look after his stable of fighters and many of them will see themselves extremely rich or at least financially secure from appearing on his overhyped up cards against gimmees.

Whether it is good for the sport is a different story but it has always been a murky business. At least the fighters are earning for going through the motions on the big ppv cards and it throws up the odd (from what I read) belter like Chisora and Whyte...2 blokes who probably in their wildest dreams didnt think at this stage they would become relative household names and command the wedge they will likely be able to do now for a rematch.

I think in an ideal world there would be no politics, unification at all weights and the best would fight the best all the time without the need for pantomimes to hype up one sided events but it is the way of the world now and whilst the ppv fanboys keep lapping it up no reason for it to change....same as the criticism of sky on football whilst maintaining a sky sports subscription (done that myself)

Also very rarely do I hear a Matchroom fighter complain about the speed of their progression or demand they face a tougher calibre of opponents and that Hearne is stopping them from doing so. They are earning well relative to others outside of the stable who dont have SKY and sky ppv sewn up and the exposure it brings to the mass viewers that wont necessarily be there with Box Nation which mainly purists will spend on and ITV and 5s coverage is very sporadic and not well enough advertised to get real traction in support in real numbers.

Plus when fighters do fight the best Brook GGG (albeit at unnatural weight) or GGG v anyone they can seriously risk losing their sacred 0 which seems to have some bizarre effect on their attractiveness and marketability ....I really dont understand that...would rather watch a Froch type who fights all comers and loses the odd few than watch an AJ go through the motions v someone evidently inferior.

Wouldn't say that Luke Campbell is any worse for his loss and it probably shook him up a bit and will be a better fighter for it. As for the likes of the Wards, Calzaghes, Lomachenkos and Mayweathers they are just the freakish unbeatable types but the tv and promoters seem to ignore that being unbeaten against chumps is not as appealing as having absolute battles every six months.
  • Options
    Whyte v Chisora 2 on the undercard at Wembley in April?
  • Options

Hearn said in an interview back in April/May that Molina wouldnt last 3 rounds with Joshua. Then in December he says its a big test and he was worried.
    While hundreds of thousand of people keep paying there £17 he'll continue to say whatever he likes. Haha

That's the thing I don't get. Without mentioning certain sites, there are so many streaming/card sharing options available on the internet, I really don't understand why people continue to pay for these PPV's. All the time there are other options available, Hearn will not get a penny from me
  • Options

I can appreciate that view but i think it gets up people's nose when Eddie Hearn peddles out PPV after PPV
    Last night was box office, he/matchroom only have two shows currently scheduled, both PPV. It would be nice to see Sky actually put some money back into the sport and get some decent weekly Saturday night boxing shows moving

Yeah cant disagree with that. Was one of the reasons I sacked off sky sports
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes sorry I didn't explain that very well. It's not ppv I have an issue with, joshua vs Klitschko should definitely be ppv, it's the amount of ppvs Hearn puts together that winds me up. 75% of Hearns ppvs should not be ppv

Completely agree mate
  • Options

Yes sorry I didn't explain that very well. It's not ppv I have an issue with, joshua vs Klitschko should definitely be ppv, it's the amount of ppvs Hearn puts together that winds me up. 75% of Hearns ppvs should not be ppv

100 this.
    Hearn is a greedy bastard getting rich of the back of others and we are paying him.
    Can't stand the bloke
  • Options
    Keen as I am to see Joseph Parker do well on the world stage he was fortunate to come away with a decision over Ruiz on Saturday night. Lance Revill, President of the NZ Professional Boxing Assoc was sitting in the fron row and scored the fight 118-112 to Ruiz with Parker winning just two rounds.

Something else rather strange. Colonel Bob Sheridan, who has been around boxing from time immemorial had never heard of any of the three judges (none of them from NZ by the way).

Hughie Fury is being talked about as Parker's first defence in April, possibly in UK or Dunedin, UK
  • Options
    Sure I read somewhere that Hughie was also in talks to fight Wilder next
  • Options

Sure I read somewhere that Hughie was also in talks to fight Wilder next

Hughie vs AJ was talked about for yesterday's card
  • Options
    I am genuinely struggling to work out why people seem to hold David Haye in such high esteem? Fought the big Russian, and then poor old Fraudley, but outside of that? Nothing much to write home about.

Let's not forget that when he had the chance to have a legacy fight, and beat Klitchco in his own back yard, he basically shit himself and spent twelve rounds running away from Vlad, and then had the cheek to complain at the presser that he had a bad toe!!!

Just as he will surely knock Bellew out, then if Haye were to ever fight Joshua, then Haye would be severely outgunned by the bigger man - no question in my mind.
  • Options
    anyone got any idea when tickets will go on sale for this?
  • Options
    ticket info released Wednesday
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!