Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 World Heavyweight Champions (AJ v Klitshko from Page 20)

Comments

• Options
    There's Parker if he still has a belt. Ah should wrap this diversion up (though I think wilder will give him problems)
  • Options

:smiley:

He is clearly trying to out do his brother.
  • Options
    Just re-watched the fight. Doesn't get much better than that in the heavy weight field.

Still cannot believe that Wlad wasn't floored by that upper cut in the 11th.
  • Options

One big problem i envisage for Joshua is..
    Who the hell is he going to fight!?

Still a baby with a massive future ahead of him,but who's out there apart from Wilder , and he could be done and dusted by year end 2019.

Looking nearer.A man who is superiorly unfit with huge questions over his mental stability in Tyson Fury?

Or a pumped up cruiser weight in Bellew who , I might add , appears to be going down the same road that he Unceremoniously mocked David Haye for travelling down?

Potential rematch with Klitschko, then Wilder, then Fury (if he sorts himself out), that's at least the next 18-24 months taken care of.
    Not sure if klitch would want a rematch.

Before this fight he had doubts about Joshua's experience and stamina if it went long.

Joshua just smashed up those doubts as well as his face!
    True but for £20m+ he might be persuaded! And there must also be the thought in the back of his mind that if he'd stepped on it more after the 6th round he could've taken it.
  • Options
    Ill admit that I'm not an AJ fan in the slightest, I find him incredibly irritating as a person (constantly telling somebody your humble doesn't mean you are) and equally irritating is the sky and Hearn hype machine That he is the greatest fighter of all time that the boxing casuals eat up. Bellew's comment that this is the best klitschko for six years was laughable, he's 41 and been out the ring for 18 months.

However, full credit to him for getting the victory tonight, showed heart and guts to come through in a fight he was clearly second best in terms of boxing ability and ring craft.

He very well could rule the division as Wilder whilst being athletic and powerful (hits harder than AJ) has poor fundamentals and is well beatable. Fury is about 25 stone and won't ever be the sme fighter, which is a shame because I'd have liked to have seen him and AJ. Parker is still hugely unproven.

Very entertaining fight so credit to both.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Brilliant contest between two hugely likeable warriors. Joshua will have learned more in that fight than his previous 18 and was a step up in class equivalent to Charlton playing champions league football next week.

Klitschko is a complete gentleman and it was poignant to see his career end like that although pleasing it was with a display nearer to that of his prime than the stunted showing versus Fury.

Joshua will hopefully face a (physically and mentally) fit Fury and wilder and the others and will go through them all if he fights his fight from the start and doesn't give the opponent's ability and experience too much respect as he did for huge swathes of last night.

Had him losing on points so was relieved he resorted to his signature devastating bulldozing style and ended the contest and put paid to any potential judging stitch ups. The periods he fought his fight saw the most success and I hope he'll have the confidence to do that against all comers herein.

The only downside of last night is the relative sad state of the heavyweight division he finds himself in as it would have been great to see him really tested and achieve his full potential in a better era as he moves towards his prime over the coming years.
  • Options

Brilliant contest between two hugely likeable warriors. Joshua will have learned more in that fight than his previous 18 and was a step up in class equivalent to Charlton playing champions league football next week.

Klitschko is a complete gentleman and it was poignant to see his career end like that although pleasing it was with a display nearer to that of his prime than the stunted showing versus Fury.

Joshua will hopefully face a (physically and mentally) fit Fury and wilder and the others and will go through them all if he fights his fight from the start and doesn't give the opponent's ability and experience too much respect as he did for huge swathes of last night.

Had him losing on points so was relieved he resorted to his signature devastating bulldozing style and ended the contest and put paid to any potential judging stitch ups. The periods he fought his fight saw the most success and I hope he'll have the confidence to do that against all comers herein.

The only downside of last night is the relative sad state of the heavyweight division he finds himself in as it would have been great to see him really tested and achieve his full potential in a better era as he moves towards his prime over the coming years.

Excellent summary.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    buckshee said:

Danepak said:

Pompous and on the verge of being embarrassing. I know boxers have big personalities, but Joshua sounds like a bit of a prick to me, sorry. Klitschko however. Classy. I'll never forget his interview with David Haye. Made Haye look like a little school boy.

(first time I've heard Joshua being interviewed, so I might be wrong, but just a bad first impression, I guess)

He'd smash your boy Parker into next week . ;)
    Ha ha ha, he probably would.
    I've watched Parker a couple of times and I haven't been that impressed.
    They were talking about it on Radio Sport earlier today. They reckon that Parker has better footwork than both Joshua and Klitschko.
    I just reckon Parker is nowhere near either of them.
  • Options
    Read a few reports this morning that were a bit less positive towards Joshua. Reckoned he was over muscled, lacked stamina and any other opponent would have knocked aj out in the 6th. There might be some truth in that, aj looked finished at times. Credit him for digging deep though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:

Read a few reports this morning that were a bit less positive towards Joshua. Reckoned he was over muscled, lacked stamina and any other opponent would have knocked aj out in the 6th. There might be some truth in that, aj looked finished at times. Credit him for digging deep though.

Who though?

Not many , if any , around today that would have withstood the Joshua onslaught in the fifth.
  • Options
    Yeah they must mean past heavyweights because no one in the division at the moment would control the fight over Joshua like Klitschko did. Fury would have been the best bet but he's been on the pies, beers and seems he was doping anyway.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Who though?

Not many , if any , around today that would have withstood the Joshua onslaught in the fifth.

Totally agree.

• Options
    Rumours about AJ not being able to take a proper punch seem to be ringing true, wobbled everytime he fights someone who hits back, by Whyte, wobbled by a klitchko jab in the 5th and dropped in the 6th.

That being said he done superbly coming back from that. I think it was heading for a draw until he landed that unreal uppercut. That's what boxing is about.

• Options

McBobbin said:

Who though?

On yesterday's showing Wilder would have beaten AJ as would a fit Fury
  • Options
    Made me laugh:

• Options

One big problem i envisage for Joshua is..
    Who the hell is he going to fight!?

Still a baby with a massive future ahead of him,but who's out there apart from Wilder , and he could be done and dusted by year end 2019.

Looking nearer.A man who is superiorly unfit with huge questions over his mental stability in Tyson Fury?

Or a pumped up cruiser weight in Bellew who , I might add , appears to be going down the same road that he Unceremoniously mocked David Haye for travelling down?

Potential rematch with Klitschko, then Wilder, then Fury (if he sorts himself out), that's at least the next 18-24 months taken care of.
    Not sure if klitch would want a rematch.

Before this fight he had doubts about Joshua's experience and stamina if it went long.

Joshua just smashed up those doubts as well as his face!
    Agree with this. Think he should retire now. A rematch is probably a year away at least and he'll be pushing 43,AJ will be in his prime.
    The first attack in the fifth... me and my mate wanted the ref to end it. It looked like Klitch was going to get permanently hurt. The assault was incredible.

With more experience, I'd wager the rematch really would lead to that. I reckon Vlad may be smart enough to realise this. He doesn't need the pay day, and two defeats on the spin are a big message. He said he'd have to analyse the fight before making the call. I think he'll come to the conclusion that his fighting days are over.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Full fight here. Not sure how long it will stay online though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HjaMMtymYs
  • Options

Full fight here. Not sure how long it will stay online though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HjaMMtymYs

I was out Saturday so missed the fight. That was brilliant, thanks for that. What a finish !

If you've only got 10 mins spare, rounds 5,6 & 11 are the best.
  • Options
    No problem. Still genuinely don't know how AJ recovered after that 6th round. He was gone. Incredible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joseph Parker fighting live on sky sports 3 at 11am for those that don't know. Never seen him have a bout so I will be watching with interest
  • Options
    The woman presenting the boxing for sky sports looks absolute filth!
  • Options

The woman presenting the boxing for sky sports looks absolute filth!

The thought had crossed my mind too!
  • Options
    Apparently Daniel Dubois is the next big thing to come out of south London. Sparring partner of AJ and rumoured to have put him on his bum a few times.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Apparently Daniel Dubois is the next big thing to come out of south London. Sparring partner of AJ and rumoured to have put him on his bum a few times.

His name has a real South London ring to it :wink:
  • Options
    This ring announcer is really annoying!
  • Options
    Parker is not that good. It's just a fact.

• Options
    3rd time I've watched Parker. He's hugely overrated in my opinion
  • Options
    Watching this fight Parker looks very ordinary.
    If he's the best out there Joshua can rule for years
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!