Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham Away

Comments

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 2016
    milo said:

DA9 said:

se9addick said:

DA9 said:

Got mine today, 1st away game for 7 years.

Hope you bring us some luck, not sure if I'm imagining it but our record away to Fulham feels like it's pretty terrible
    You're not proper Charlton, if you haven't seen us win at Fulham.

1981 ? FA Cup 4th round, 1-2 Killer scores.

Ok you weren't born but nevertheless ........
    I was there when we won 0-3 in 1985/86, melrose hat trick I think
    One of my top five away games. I remember everyone singing 'Alan Ball has f-ed it up again' as the Portsmouth result was announced on the way out.

Fulham were on their way down and we were going up, there were probably as many Charlton as Fulham there that night.

We would have won by more if it hadn't been for Paul Parker who was outstanding at centre back for Fulham. He was probably only a teenager at the time and about the same height as Solly.
    We played them at sellout park a week later (strange, must have been fixture congestion) we won 2-0, Parker was outstanding that night, the Fulham fans brought a coffin onto the holmesdale terrace, RIP Fulham etc
  • Options

Can't see them for sale online

Am I doing something wrong?

Don't think they are selling them online
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Can't see them for sale online

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes. Trying to buty tickets for the match (:
  • Options
    Seen us win there 2.1 in the FA Cup 1980-81

1.0 When Paul Curtis scuffed one in from 6 yards late on.

3.0 in 1985 promotion season. Didn't Mark Stuart score a couple that night?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    E-cafc said:

Just found this;

Fulham v Charlton Athletic, 22 April 1986
    Score 3-0 to Charlton Athletic
    Competition League Division Two
    Venue Craven Cottage, London
    Attendance 5,587

Half time score: Fulham 0 Charlton 1. Charlton goalscorers Mark R Stuart (2) & John Pearson.
  • Options
    One of my first away games that 3-0 win

Went to Hull and Carlisle as well on the glorious promotion run in
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

E-cafc said:

Just found this;

Fulham v Charlton Athletic, 22 April 1986
    Score 3-0 to Charlton Athletic
    Competition League Division Two
    Venue Craven Cottage, London
    Attendance 5,587

Half time score: Fulham 0 Charlton 1. Charlton goalscorers Mark R Stuart (2) & John Pearson.
    The original game was postponed from Christmas but they still used the same programme 4 months later. Fulham were in deep shit financially at the time.
  • Options
    I'll be there. Cheering.
  • Options
    Remember that 3-0 win was a night game and think there was a stoke/pompey result the same night that lined us up for promotion - the atmosphere leaving the cottage was electric. I was also at the 2-1 cup win and think I will have to be there for the game on the 20th but no boat trip this year!
  • Options
    How did ticket sales do after our recent performance at the home?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    DA9 said:

milo said:

DA9 said:

se9addick said:

DA9 said:

Hope you bring us some luck, not sure if I'm imagining it but our record away to Fulham feels like it's pretty terrible

One of my top five away games. I remember everyone singing 'Alan Ball has f-ed it up again' as the Portsmouth result was announced on the way out.

Fulham were on their way down and we were going up, there were probably as many Charlton as Fulham there that night.

We would have won by more if it hadn't been for Paul Parker who was outstanding at centre back for Fulham. He was probably only a teenager at the time and about the same height as Solly.
    We played them at sellout park a week later (strange, must have been fixture congestion) we won 2-0, Parker was outstanding that night, the Fulham fans brought a coffin onto the holmesdale terrace, RIP Fulham etc
    The weakest Fulham team I've ever seen but you are right about Parker that night....it was a 10/10 performance....he played us on his own. Possibly the best centre-back performance I have ever witnessed.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

milo said:

DA9 said:

se9addick said:

DA9 said:

A coffin sounds a good idea for a protest, any stewards who try to stop it coming can then be told it was the dying wishes of a loved one to pay a visit to SE7 one last time.
  • Options
    ch
    Simonsen said:

DA9 said:

milo said:

DA9 said:

se9addick said:

DA9 said:

The weakest Fulham team I've ever seen but you are right about Parker that night....it was a 10/10 performance....he played us on his own. Possibly the best centre-back performance I have ever witnessed.
    Paul Parker? Only 5 foot 7, so it was amazing he played at CB at all, he played RB for England.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

ch

Simonsen said:

DA9 said:

milo said:

DA9 said:

se9addick said:

DA9 said:

Paul Parker? Only 5 foot 7, so it was amazing he played at CB at all, he played RB for England.
    Killer sorted him out one night game at the Valley, after he had done Paddy Powell IIRC, by putting him in the 2nd row of the old West Stand :open_mouth:
  • Options

ch

Simonsen said:

DA9 said:

milo said:

DA9 said:

se9addick said:

DA9 said:

Yep centre-back. And was banging headers away from John Pearson.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Was the 3-0 game the one where the ticket "hut" at Embankment Tube station went flying after a crowd of us young herberts wanted to get up to Charing X before the trains went
  • Options
    Anyone have any idea if these tickets will on sale on the day ??
  • Options

Anyone have any idea if these tickets will on sale on the day ??

No, but the "sterile/tourist" area surely must sell on the day.
  • Options
    How many sold?
  • Options
    Got 2 u18 tickets for sale £20 the pair pick up grove park area work come up so cant make it.pm me please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which boozer do the boaters pack out once it arrives?
  • Options
    I may have a spare (free) adult match ticket if any deserving cause wants or needs one - will confirm tomorrow which will give time for me to post it out.
  • Options
    CAFC1304 said:

How many sold?

1500 so far
  • Options
    Where do people drink prior to this one? Preferably with pub with food?
  • Options
    BR3red said:

CAFC1304 said:

How many sold?

1500 so far
    Not great is it
  • Options
    PL54 said:

BR3red said:

CAFC1304 said:

How many sold?

1500 so far
    Not great is it
    Yep, poor.
  • Options
    9 of us meeting at waterloo for 11.30 then train over to putney, looking forward to it more for the day out than the chance of getting a win,definately down on numbers for this sort of trip compared to previous seasons, usually would be about 15-20 of us but people just cant be fucked anymore and would rather do other things than waste money seeing charlton.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

CAFC1304 said:

How many sold?

1500 so far
    The Duke's Head or The Rocket literally just the other side of Putney Bridge.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    PL54 said:

BR3red said:

CAFC1304 said:

How many sold?

1500 so far
    Not great is it
    It's awful, especially compared to what others have taken there this season. Still, they only took 1.2K to us. :smiley:
  • Options

9 of us meeting at waterloo for 11.30 then train over to putney, looking forward to it more for the day out than the chance of getting a win,definately down on numbers for this sort of trip compared to previous seasons, usually would be about 15-20 of us but people just cant be fucked anymore and would rather do other things than waste money seeing charlton.

Likewise