Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 23 Jan | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    We go one nil up(Jacko) and all think progress!!! We then concede 7 second half goals to prove us all wrong!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    After three shocking performances it's back to normal this week.

Charlton 0 Blackburn 3
  • Options
    Would is the Charlton player in the OP picture?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Sorry it's another disappointing day. As Blackburn are a bit shit, this will not be another 3-0. Just the Charlton 0 Blackburn 2 for me. With a half time protest ! Sue Parkes gives up tea and a sandwich to get behind the team. Although not quite getting the black and white theme !
  • Options
    I think Riga will have a better game plan having had a propper week with the team. That won't won't guarantee not losing but if we do lose it will be a lot closer.
  • Options
    Blackburn have now signed 4 players in January, (two today), let us hope they are as good as our 4 signings
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Blackburn have now signed 4 players in January, (two today), let us hope they are as good as our 4 signings

Signs that they're panicking !

• Options

ross1 said:

Signs that they're panicking !

Like us?
  • Options
    We have had numerous spankings, a trouncing or two, a damn good beating on more than one occasion, been torn a new one, been fucked over... Yes it's been a great season so far but I feel the good times are not far away!

Ok that's a lie. When someone mentioned above that Blackburn haven't won since 1875, that convinced me. 0-2 to them, Rhodes of course and also one of their new fellas, take your pick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Being in the company of mostly rovers and trotters during the week means there's not much joy around at the moment. Add in the normal rash of nob enders gloating about their rise to where they belong and our own troubles then there is not much enthusiasm for football. Dubbed the misery match by our collection of football malcontents, we all expect to lose. 0-0 then.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see whether the players get their day off this week, with Watt coming back and Tex joining us, you would think Riga would want as much time to work with the squad after last week's fiasco
  • Options
    Who is the Charlton player in the pic?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

McAleny
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Kennedy... Was his first start up in Blackburn
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I really want to say this will be an Addicks victory, but I think the best I can hope for is a point. 1-1.
    Match thread from 2 pm, I will also be bringing commentary, where possible, any other 'action' before/after the game.
  • Options
    The player in the picture is McAleny - the same tattoos

This is Kennedy

• Options

This is the acid test for Riga. A decent performance, even if we don't win, will show he's got them moving in the right direction. Another capitulation and we can all look forward to re-acquainting ourselves with the Scum doing the double over us next year.

Don't think it's an acid test for Riga as we know he's a decent bloke who's done good work here before. Also don't think it'll be a capitulation. Blackburn squad is stronger than ours particularly after recent signings. Rhodes and Delfouneso could runs rings around our awkward set of centre halves. So: a win would be exceeding expectations (in my view). Best to hope for a spirited performance and a draw. 1-1.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    There's more holes in our defence than there are apparently in Blackburn, Lancashire. We will do well to get a point. Another day in the life of Charlton Athletic FC.
  • Options
    3 - 1 to our bogey team. Lookman scores again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would think this game is a key indicator of whether Riga will have any noticeable positive impact on future performances.

We might expect to lose this fixture even if playing well, so what do we expect after a 0-5 and 0-6 defeat and a -32 goal difference?

The players are as disillusioned as the rest of us with the mismanagement of the club, morale and confidence is rock bottom and at least three senior players have given up and are just going through the motions.

The simple fact is that without Diarra and Bauer at the back we will always get slaughtered and we have no creativity in midfield.

My fear is that Riga is just too little, too late and after one week, he probably knows it already.

A bit of a fight resulting in defeat by one goal (or better) and Riga has made an impact and we have some hope.
    The usual first-half capitulation resulting in defeat by two goals (or worse) and we can throw the towel in for this season

Watch this space....
  • Options
    I actually think we might get something from Saturdays game.
    I'm going for a Desmond.

2-2
  • Options

The player in the picture is McAleny - the same tattoos

This is Kennedy

Oh god yeah... I'd managed to put McAleny out of my mind
  • Options
    Our defence is too weak to survive. 3-0 to them.
  • Options
    I'm going for 4goals or over as a bet :)
  • Options
    This is a massive game for Riga, as he NEEDS to show that after a week with the players, there are obvious signs of improvement, both in terms of tactics and energy.

The next 2 months have a series of 6 pointers and games which we can get points out of, a good start against Blackburn will give the players some confidence for these. A bad start...
  • Options
    An improved performance with a better defensive display. Only 0-3.
  • Options
    Blackburn ripped us a new one at their place and looked like they could make the play offs, they have some terrific players all through the team .. it's a mystery to me why they are doing so badly, perhaps they are suffering from salmonella poisoning, all that chicken they are forced to eat ...

Having witnessed at first hand the debacles at Huddersfield and Hull, even my eternal optimism is wearing very thin indeed .. we are incredibly weak in all positions .. B U T ...

CAFC 1 v Blackburn Rovers 1
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Paul Lambert is a 4-4-2 manager, so no need to play a clever unbalanced system like the previous clown. 4-4-2 will do as @ForeverAddickted has put in his preview. We can't defend as a team, so we need to score goals, and playing one up front is not an option.

Conway caused us problems last season, playing on the right and cutting inside. Both Fox and Holmes-Dennis cant defend on their inside, ( neither could Wiggins come to that). He will need stopping if he is in their team and we will need to protect the left back position. The left midfielder will have a job to do.

Jordan Rhodes is always a threat. I hope the new CB is up to it, at least he won't have to face the physical Brown, who may have been a real culture shock.

Blackburn had Ben Marshall, a midfielder, at right back against Brighton, which is an obvious weakness. The CB's Hanley, Kilgallon or Duffy are all strong in the air but vulnerable on the ground. Is King Tony available or is he off to play for the fat man at Leeds? Watt & Vetokele have the tools to cause them problems, providing they are fit, motivated and their team-mates provide some service. Long balls from back to front won't get the job done.

I hope Riga has a proper scouting report from last Saturday. The FA Cup game is largely irrelevant. Brighton will have exposed the weaknesses in their game last weekend and they will also be under pressure to roll-over a team that's just lost 0-5 & 0-6. Could be a surprise result, if Riga has instilled some confidence, swept away some of the dross and instilled a " nothing to lose" attitude in the last 5 days, if that is possible.

great analysis as ever Tutt-Tutt
  • Options
    purdis said:

Can't find any mention of Tony Watt on the CAFC website - he was wearing number 32 when in our team but no player profile for number 32 or for Tony Watt.
    Not even a mention of his return from loan in the CAFC news archive.
    I'm using an iPad so can't get the full website - sounds dodgy?

He still adorns the Official Site 'Tickets' pages .. perhaps the club is too skint to reorganise the site