Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 23 Jan | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Judging by his performance for the U-21s against the spanners on Monday, I wonder if Terrel Thomas is worth a place on the bench at centre-back- better than Sarr/Williams (anyone is!) and more powerful then Lennon?
  • Options
    No optimism from me folks I think Rhodes will have a nice afternoon against our defence. I won't go too crazy but 2-0 to the Rovers without breaking much of a sweat
  • Options
    chilham said:

Judging by his performance for the U-21s against the spanners on Monday, I wonder if Terrel Thomas is worth a place on the bench at centre-back- better than Sarr/Williams (anyone is!) and more powerful then Lennon?

Bob Peeters was a big fan of Thomas.
  • Options
    They have Rhodes and have strengthened already .

3.1 loss
  • Options
    0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4 etc etc, I just do not care, Im only going so I can stand in the car park afterwards.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    BLACKBURN Rovers will be without six first-team players for Saturday’s Championship match at Charlton Athletic – but two could return.

Rovers boss Paul Lambert will not appeal against the red card shown to Chris Brown in Monday’s FA Cup win at Newport County after speaking to referees’ chief Mike Riley.

Brown has been hit with a three-game ban and joins fellow forwards Fode Koita (hamstring) and Nathan Delfouneso (knee) and midfielders Lee Williamson (groin), Danny Guthrie (hamstring) and Jason Lowe (foot) on the sidelines.

But Matt Kilgallon has trained after sickness ruled him out against Newport while fellow centre-back Shane Duffy is doing ‘okay’ after coming off with a groin injury against QPR 10 days ago.

Lambert said of Duffy: “Hopefully Shane is going to be okay. He’s doing all right and he’s in a better place so we’ll see how he’s fit.”

New signings Elliott Ward and Danny Graham will both come into contention for the trip to the Valley.
  • Options
    Lee Williamson (groin), Danny Guthrie (hamstring) and Jason Lowe (foot)

This is good news... These three would be thorns in our side if they were playing..
  • Options
    It really is anyone's guess who will start up front but it is there, up front, that confidence will begin in the team as what is the point of getting it up there if we cant do anything with it. It would be great to see Watt play again just to show us what we were missing. Need Lookman on the pitch also and more importantly we, the fans, need to do our bit to get a win (and then protest outside)
  • Options
    Can't see watt playing, he will be a) out on the lash b) taking a day trip to Leeds c) both

Good to see the excellent work of the nutritionist continues (nandos is not the food of champions*** players)

I'd rather see THD than Fox, I don't want to see 4-5-1 at home, why can't we stop dicking around and play 4-4-2. Vaz Te or Makienok and Vetokele up top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes we are bad, yes we are on a dismal run, but Blackburn really aren't that good. 18th place with 29 points, no win in 6, 5 points above 3rd bottom. This isn't some top of the table team, this is a team who are worried about relegation, so will also be nervous.

Over to you Jose.
  • Options
    After a freaking fantastic game where we steal a 1 - 0 result…

http://youtu.be/84qWb8i_Q_A
  • Options
    First couple of minutes of that are excellent, was thinking wow I've forgotten about the Kaiser Chiefs, next couple of minutes unfortunately same as the first couple, got to 3 minutes in and had to turn it off, that's why I'd forgotten :(
  • Options

First couple of minutes of that are excellent, was thinking wow I've forgotten about the Kaiser Chiefs, next couple of minutes unfortunately same as the first couple, got to 3 minutes in and had to turn it off, that's why I'd forgotten :(

Yep. Hard to argue against that. But the chorus might stoke people up.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    We have two fundamental issues. Shipping goals and scoring goals. I am hoping Teixiera helps with the first but I really think we need Watt to help with the second. I will be quite disapointed if Riga doesn't at least have a look what he can bring to the party tomorrow. At home, I would also go with Holmes-Dennis. Still think the game is too close to call, but we have a chance, which is he most positive prediction I have made in a while.
  • Options
    SWANSEA TARGET RHODES?

Swansea have made a move to sign Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes, reports the Daily Mirror.

It is claimed the Premier League side have made an offer for the 25-year-old but the Championship club are holding out for in excess of £10m.

Sheffield Wednesday are also thought to be interested in the Scotland international.

Blackburn seriously shouldn't play him tomorrow... Wouldn't want him getting injured do they?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Our bogey side at the valley.... Never a classic,

But the best time to be playing them
    There not on a good run away from
    home , like to think we can break the hoodoo nd win 2-1

This season, they're almost all bogey sides....
  • Options
    I still never forget El Karkouris last minute winner under Les Reed
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Our bogey side at the valley.... Never a classic,

But the best time to be playing them
    There not on a good run away from
    home , like to think we can break the hoodoo nd win 2-1

This season, they're almost all bogey sides....
    We've got the flu
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

I still never forget El Karkouris last minute winner under Les Reed

A long time ago, but the season Friedel scored right at the end, but for Jensen to go up straight after and score to win the game 3-2.

Brilliant game.
    When I saw Friedel going up for that corner I knew he was going to score and when he did I promptly walked out cos I was so annoyed at a 'keeper scoring, don't think I've ever seem the winner from Claus Jensen from that match
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    JBG isn't interested, and hasn't been for a while. So disappointed in him after such a good season last year. I'd keep him out of the starting 11 as we can't afford to have players involved who aren't up for the fight, no matter how could a player they are.

He can come on with 30mins to go if needed, giving him half an hour to prove a point (he came off the bench against Forest and played well). His mind may well already be focused on the Euros, but starting him every week is no good to us as he is just going through the motions. Stick him on the bench and this may give him a bit of a wake-up call, as his chances of being in the Iceland team in June won't be helped if he isn't starting games for little old Charlton Pathetic.
  • Options
    Blackburn have lost their last three away games in the Championship 1-0, and Jose Riga would love to extend that run to four.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Blackburn have lost their last three away games in the Championship 1-0, and Jose Riga would love to extend that run to four.

I want to win the Lottery but know it won't happen though, only difference is that I actually stand a chance of winning it
  • Options

SWANSEA TARGET RHODES?

Swansea have made a move to sign Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes, reports the Daily Mirror.

It is claimed the Premier League side have made an offer for the 25-year-old but the Championship club are holding out for in excess of £10m.

Sheffield Wednesday are also thought to be interested in the Scotland international.

Blackburn seriously shouldn't play him tomorrow... Wouldn't want him getting injured do they?

still only 25! seems like he's been around for ages
  • Options
    3-1 home defeat. One Belgian defender doesn't mean we are now going to blow the opposition out the water? Oh how I wish I was that naïve.......
  • Options
    braydex said:

3-1 home defeat. One Belgian defender doesn't mean we are now going to blow the opposition out the water? Oh how I wish I was that naïve.......

He's Portugees