Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jacko's call to arms

Comments

• Fair enough Jacko. But please whisper in Vaz Te's ear that it would be nice if he could break sweat and run around.
  • To be fair, the supporters have got behind the team at the start of the game, but turned after the first goal, certainly at Colchester and especially Hull.

And who can blame them.....perhaps Charlton supporters have simply had enough. We've put up with quite a lot of shit over the years and I think people just aren't going to put up with it any longer.
  • Seems a bit cheesy to me
  • If we stay up, the status quo continues, if we go down the status quo continues, may as well just end the club now
  • I think Vaz Te and other less sharp squad members would benefit from some unconventional training methods.

What I have in mind is to give them all postie uniforms and create an obstacle course. Then unleash several German shepherd's to chase them round the course.

The dogs would be trained to increase speed with a particular command like 'come on Vaz Te' and so then during a game when he is slouching around we can just all shout out 'come on Vaz Te' and his speed will increase 20%.

Tony Watt if he stays could also be involved in the training. The dogs could chase harder when the Tony Watt song is sung.

Hope you are reading Jose.
  • I hope Tutt-Tutt backs this up, as he has been in the pro game,
    but in the championship Burnley, Watford and Leicester have been successful playing 4-4-2 when attacking and when they don't have the ball one of the attackers drops back to have the extra body in midfield,
    The type of players you have available would decide if it was a diamond or not.
    When this works well one of the full backs can join in the attacks,but not both, as Everton have found to their cost on several occasions when playing this season. Even pushing both full backs forward at 2 nil up against Chelsea to their cost.

It is very difficult to work out the best system for CAFC because of the poor stamina of so many of our players because they just don't have the core fitness ? I would suppose the sport science reports are being neglected as we have changes every week as so many red cards and injuries means we can never get a settled side to get any partnerships established.

Good luck Jose Riga, you will need it.
  • I hope Tutt-Tutt backs this up, as he has been in the pro game,
    but in the championship Burnley, Watford and Leicester have been successful playing 4-4-2 when attacking and when they don't have the ball one of the attackers drops back to have the extra body in midfield,
    The type of players you have available would decide if it was a diamond or not.
    When this works well one of the full backs can join in the attacks,but not both, as Everton have found to their cost on several occasions when playing this season. Even pushing both full backs forward at 2 nil up against Chelsea to their cost.

It is very difficult to work out the best system for CAFC because of the poor stamina of so many of our players because they just don't have the core fitness ? I would suppose the sport science reports are being neglected as we have changes every week as so many red cards and injuries means we can never get a settled side to get any partnerships established.

Good luck Jose Riga, you will need it.

Lack of fitness was something Riga mentioned in his post match interview. January sadly isn't really the time to rectify that
  • Is this the Jacko who told the fans meeting what a great appointment Fraeye was and how all the players were behind him?

Love Jacko though...

You do strange things when the CEO holds a gun to your head

But with that logic we should forgive Katrien as she may be doing strange things with the owner holding a gun to her head. Oh and everything Murray is doing is fine because he has gun to his head.

Having said all this I do love Jacko. Him and Kerms my two favourite players in the last 10 years.
  • edited January 2016
    Love jacko but sick of this now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jacko is the Skipper so he has to lead by example and has to be seen to do so.
    I think we all know where his loyalty lies - even if he can't say what he would like to for obvious contractual reasons.
    We need to back the team, but especially the likes of Jacko, Hendo and Solly who do step up to the leadership mark. Must be a difficult spot to be in when you're caught between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea....
    100% support.
  • I think Jacko made his position pretty clear when he walked in late to that meeting with his cup of tea....

Weegie, I had a few hours spare on Monday and managed to see the U21 Match at Sparrow lane on Monday. Seeing Johnnie chatting To
    John Fortune(he sent the Palace down) i couldn't resist asking JJ that when he writes his story about his time at CAFC in a few years, put me down for a copy as long as it was warts and all.
    Jacko's reply was, he has some good stories to put in it !
    he said i would have to wait.
    I KNEW you were a Groupie, Sam !

• edited January 2016

I think Jacko made his position pretty clear when he walked in late to that meeting with his cup of tea....

Weegie, I had a few hours spare on Monday and managed to see the U21 Match at Sparrow lane on Monday. Seeing Johnnie chatting To
    John Fortune(he sent the Palace down) i couldn't resist asking JJ that when he writes his story about his time at CAFC in a few years, put me down for a copy as long as it was warts and all.
    Jacko's reply was, he has some good stories to put in it !
    he said i would have to wait.
    I KNEW you were a Groupie, Sam !

Only with you fanny !

I do seem to be getting worse as i get older.

also spoke to Solly, mainly about Arsenal,He was standing next to me (would have been rude not to)
    and Young Joe Pigott when he came off at the end of the game.
    Telling him that i was at the Play off final(Southend) when he scored the very late goal which took the game to penalties. Joe said that was a great day for him but now hopes for one last chance to prove himself at CAFC.

Ps Have you recovered from the result at Hull, plus that strange man reading poetry to you before KO.
  • If the management put maximum effort into managing well, the players put maximum effort into playing well and the supporters put maximum effort into supporting well, it will all turn out fine. It might be biased, but whilst we may not be 'perfect supporters', we're above average and could be a lot worse.
  • It's just more talk though....

The proof is in the pudding.
  • They should all shut up.and knuckle down, action speaks loudest,
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016

They should all shut up.and knuckle down, action speaks loudest,

absolute spot on, shut the fuck up, I dont want to hear fuck all from any of you, twitter or anything else do your talking on the pitch, because after Burnley, Colchester, Huddersfield, Hull away and, Ipswich, Wolves at home all your talk is cheap and your performances shit.

• I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Jackson is saying.

is he. I hear him calling on the fans to support and get behind the team, I am saying after the shit served up that is nigh on impossible, the performances will get the the fans on side not bollox spouted on twitter.

• Bored of all this social media claptrap from the players. When he starts tweeting his owner asking for a different transfer and manager recruitment strategy, for his CEO to stop lying and disappearing and his colleagues for playing like they don't give a shit, I'll take notice.
    It ain't the fans that need reminding of their role.

is he. I hear him calling on the fans to support and get behind the team, I am saying after the shit served up that is nigh on impossible, the performances will get the the fans on side not bollox spouted on twitter.

I take it has he's saying the he and the players know they've been pony but the fans going against them wont help.

Like a 'dont give up on us yet'.

Do you need a hug?
    I fuckin need something mate, thats for sure

• edited January 2016

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Jackson is saying.

I take it has he's saying the he and the players know they've been pony but the fans going against them wont help.

Like a 'dont give up on us yet'.
    They're the ones who look like they have given up.

5-0 then a 6-0 results are hardly going to make everyone happy to hear more talk.