Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jacko's call to arms

124»

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

I think some of the players have been an absolute disgrace this season. I can stomach getting beaten, but not trying, I can't stomach. Vaz Te, Watt, Gudmundsson are some of the players that need to look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they could have given more? I am also sick and tired of players posting on social media about how they are going to fight to get us out of this mess and then put in an abject performance the next game. Talk is cheap, just get on that pitch and give 100 per cent, that is all that fans ask.

I agree with Jacko's comments but at the same time know what you mean @DickPlumb

Its almost like those mentioned are going into matches with the attitude that Solly / Cousins / Jackson / Henderson will get them out of trouble if they mess up and that they dont need to worry.

Its certainly the case in terms of Interviews at the moment as seems everything is being left to Jacko and Hendo
  • Options
    Pity the board don't see our support as being crucial to what happens on the pitch..........
  • Options
    yeah right another rallying cry and then they go out and play like a bunch of tossers!

they should be able to motivate themselves to get out of this shite, yes of course we can help but i've seen no evidence that the team has any will or ability to fight.

talk is cheap.
  • Options
    Vaz Tehas looked like he thinks he is in quicksand...'If I move any faster I'll sink faster'
  • Options
    Nice post by JJ but does anyone really buy this? I agree that a raucous crowd must help but that is difficult to keep up when we are getting stuffed week in week out. For me the lack of cohesion and fight is the obvious symptom of this regime, a whole bunch of players with no real affinity to the club( Solly, Cousins, JJ, Hendo and even Harriott excepted) who are just picking up wages and going through the motions and couldn't care less.

There was another post about "Is this the worst Charlton team" and after 55 years I can say yes without a doubt. I would love us to play better and climb the table but somehow I don't see it happening this time.
  • Options
    I think upon the whistle blowing we should all stand and sing Valley FLoyd Road, got to give them a chance....?
  • Options

Nice post by JJ but does anyone really buy this? I agree that a raucous crowd must help but that is difficult to keep up when we are getting stuffed week in week out. For me the lack of cohesion and fight is the obvious symptom of this regime, a whole bunch of players with no real affinity to the club( Solly, Cousins, JJ, Hendo and even Harriott excepted) who are just picking up wages and going through the motions and couldn't care less.

There was another post about "Is this the worst Charlton team" and after 55 years I can say yes without a doubt. I would love us to play better and climb the table but somehow I don't see it happening this time.

11 players giving 100% effort will be a good start. We might not win against Blackburn on Saturday, but that will be forgiven if the players are fighting for every ball for 90 minutes.
  • Options
    The last time a player came out and said we are all hurting, stick with us we are sorry, we know what to do after all it was only Huddersfield we went out and done what,

Straight to bookies on seven this time
  • Options
    they're going to have to deal with it. its the problem with professional football, criticism gets shouted at you.
    as soon as a player makes a mistake on Saturday some of the fans will have a moan. it's inevitable.
    the players, unlike some at the club, know what it means to be a supporter and know how it feels. we have been let down time and time again by players who are better than what they are showing. frustration builds up. I will support the team but I can honestly see it being a bit hostile if we don't start well and Blackburn get a goal. we don't get paid to sit there watching you lot play like crap for the club we love.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I think upon the whistle blowing we should all stand and sing Valley FLoyd Road, got to give them a chance....?

how many chances have they had already and you want to give them one more?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I agree, but did you mean after Blackburn's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th goals ?
  • Options
    I hope Jacko does not get carried away on saturday and go crashing into tackles all over the pitch for 90 minutes like he did against Forest,he needs to manage his game and get some of the others to put a shift in,then he might avoid silly injuries which put him out of action.We need him on the pitch if we have any chance of staying up.
  • Options
    Whilst its all a bit bollocks and its down to the players to show us... it's Jacko

He's earned the right to ask this and get the team a chance with the way he's been for us over the years. I'm inclined to do what he says.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

0-7

We were fucking special in the warm up though!
  • Options
    Err welĺ bollocks JJ! Tell you what, if you all pull your fingers out this Saturday then we the supporters will...

There's a new start for you.
  • Options
    this was just saved in his notes app from last year, or the year before zzZZZzzzzzz
  • Options

Err welĺ bollocks JJ! Tell you what, if you all pull your fingers out this Saturday then we the supporters will...

There's a new start for you.

I thought you were going to Blackheath rugby ?
  • Options

11 players giving 100% effort will be a good start. We might not win against Blackburn on Saturday, but that will be forgiven if the players are fighting for every ball for 90 minutes.
    Not for me. Now is all about winning games.

If they put in 100%, then they will beat Blackburn. The same way they would have beat Bristol City, Huddersfield, Wolves and Colchester if they had bothered putting in 100%
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Not for me. Now is all about winning games.

If they put in 100%, then they will beat Blackburn. The same way they would have beat Bristol City, Huddersfield, Wolves and Colchester if they had bothered putting in 100%
    I think it will be an even game if both teams are putting in the effort. We don't usually do that well against Blackburn, but it's certainly a winnable game. There's been a lot of talk this week from both Riga and Jackson, they really need to pull it out of the bag. Our squad is capable, we just need the right organisation and everybody pulling their weight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Vetokele can pull his weight around at any speed that'd be a bonus.
  • Options

If Vetokele can pull his weight around at any speed that'd be a bonus.

Dont worry, Riga has brought in a new training machine especially for him

• Options
    Soapy Jones as a Blackheath Rugby man,
    now is the time to come back ?

We lost by a unconverted try at Huddersfield and two penalties,
    at Hull.
  • Options
    Good post Grapevine, particularly:

"JJ as you intimate the time for talking (& twittering) is indeed done. It is very simple, if you and the lads do your job you may rest assured most of us will do ours. In fact if you and the lads do your job properly you will probably find the rest will take care of itself."
  • Options
    Top notch post by grapevine . If we all gave so far less than our best because we didn't like a regime, we would not have jobs . Footballers are enormously privileged ( don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge them the cash). But it is up to them to inspire the fans, not the other way around.