Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ALL TOGETHER | Free Valley Away travel for crucial Rotherham game

"Next weekend’s Championship game against Rotherham United is crucial, and our boys need as many Charlton supporters as possible to make some noise in the AESSEAL New York Stadium.

Therefore, the club are offering free coach travel to all Addicks making the 368-mile round trip to get behind Johnnie Jackson and the lads and cheer us to a vital victory."

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-valley-away-rotherham-united-2912794.aspx

.. Discuss

Comments

• Options

nothing to complain about there, good idea

Was a good idea once upon a time, until the players shit on everyone with piss poor performances
  • Options
    Nailed on loss now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A lot depends on the Blackburn game. A bad defeat and few people will be bothered, a good performance and fans might be up for it
  • Options
    Why have they not called this an "Operation"? - that always works!
  • Options
    Will they pick me up on the A1?
  • Options
    "Next weekend’s Championship game against Rotherham United is crucial, and our boys need as many Charlton supporters as possible to make some noise in the AESSEAL New York Stadium. "
    Ah yes, "We're the Charlton the mighty Charlton, we never win away","You're nothing special, we lose every week" etc :smile:
  • Options

Fair play. Can't argue with that

I'm sure somebody will find it "beyond parody"!
    it's me.
  • Options
    Fantastic. Free travel for a mass protest against them and then Johnnie and his mates will pay our entrance money when we lose by 5. Lovely jubbly.
  • Options
    Seems to me that whatever 'they' do some of you will always find a reason to criticise?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the problem with this is that it takes near on forever to get there and you have to spend that time with weird Charlton fans.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Fantastic. Free travel for a mass protest against them and then Johnnie and his mates will pay our entrance money when we lose by 5. Lovely jubbly.

If you protest, they leave you behind to spend the night in Rotherham :smiley:
  • Options
    On the face of it a nice gesture, Can’t help thinking that Meire will milk it as much as possible. She’ll be filmed on a coach (surrounded by club shop employees), singing songs, on the journey up. If there is a small take up by “customers” it’ll prove that we don’t really care, and that our only purpose, is to give a hard time, to a girl, doing a good job in a man’s world. It’s their first publicity stunt, they’ve woken up.
  • Options
    Good news.

A small but positive step. I might even take them up on the offer as it can't be as bad as the trip to Hull !

No reason to criticise the club on this as long as they sort out some reasonable pick up times though.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

"Next weekend’s Championship game against Rotherham United is crucial, and our boys need as many Charlton supporters as possible to make some noise in the AESSEAL New York Stadium. "
    Ah yes, "We're the Charlton the mighty Charlton, we never win away","You're nothing special, we lose every week" etc :smile:

I've only just surfaced after Saturday's debacle and being reminded of those chants at Hull has set me back another 24 hours! Cheers mate :wink: