Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ALL TOGETHER | Free Valley Away travel for crucial Rotherham game

Comments

• Options
    Nine days before the game they announce this offer. Why leave it so late?

Absolutely clueless.
  • Options

Absolutely clueless.

Recent results ?
  • Options
    Operation Douchebag.
  • Options
    If they want more fans to go, I think it blows the argument out of the water that fans have responsibility for the poor results.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Absolutely clueless.

Recent results ?
    What?
  • Options
    In Birmingham on the Fri night for a family do, so we're planning a stop off in Rotherham on way back to Glasgow. Hope they'll still be some tickets left!
  • Options

Absolutely clueless.

Kat's been away on hols.
  • Options
    All aboard
  • Options
    I'm on holidays but I'll be disappointed if you all don't take up the free travel, use the fund to kit everyone out in black and white and pay for a huge Katrien Out banner to leave across the stadium....
  • Options
    368mile trip ,bit more for me,had this booked up for two weeks now.Any chance it will pick up in UTRECHT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

Absolutely clueless.

Recent results ?
    What?
    They've not been great have they - there might be some thinking that more than 67 away fans would help the team. Or it could be a tax avoidance scheme.
  • Options
    I'm not going to Rotherham and still waiting Katrien to refund me directly for the Hull debacle
  • Options
    They could offer me free travel , a free ticket and £1000 and I might consider it.
  • Options
    A good idea but free travel wouldn't make me go to Rotherham even if we were winning occasionally.
  • Options
    Will this be called off.if they can't sell Watt? Need to balance those books
  • Options
    Nice gesture, but now that Karel has gone he said I can borrow his car.image
  • Options
    Good idea.

The game has only become crucial due to a series of abysmal decisions from which the club refuses to learn. So it's hard to give much credit!
  • Options

Absolutely clueless.

How's it clueless ? It's inspired. Has nobody ever told you about New York ? If you can make it there you can make it anywhere so clearly the club must be thinking it they help the fans to make it to New York they will all be able to make it everywhere else...we could be the best supported away team in the league this time next year if this comes off Rodney...
  • Options
    Maybe they've just recruited a new member of staff who isn't so much of a fucking moron as the rest?

I assume that when they say the coach trip has been split, the front half goes Bromley, Eltham, Charlton and the back half lark field, gravesend, dartford, bexleyheath with the two halves combining somewhere near the Blackwall tunnel....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    If anyone does make the trip to Rotherham next Saturday, make sure you leave your pencil case at home please

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/64106/more-fussy-stewarding/p1
  • Options

Absolutely clueless.

She was only back at work today.
  • Options
    Only doing it so we don't have the worst away attendance in the league which we would have done without a doubt
    Been lucky if 50 went
  • Options
    I have it from an unreliable source that you only get to travel if you're wearing a black and white scarf.
  • Options
    Not sitting on a coach for hours so just booked our trains from Wadhurst to Rotherham & return journey.

Thanks to @ElfsborgAddick for his kind assistance.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I would have gone had it been announced earlier in the week but it's too late for me to arrange for a babysitter now.

Having said that our track record in these fixtures and the length of journey home after a defeat might have persuaded me to give it a miss. I hope we take a lot up there and I, obviously, hope we win for the fans but just recently I find myself shying away from the more important games for fear of losing, rather than being excited about them due to the potential elation if we win them. Basically the faith and the hope has faded.

It might be a blessing as I've, literally, only seen us win one game this season!

Edit: I've, staggeringly, only see us pick up seven points in the flesh this season.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

I'm in Canada what time is the coach leaving and where from?

Early from Ottowa, but once you're across the Atlantic it's a piece of cake.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Absolutely clueless.

Recent results ?
    What?
    Oakster said:

I'm in Canada what time is the coach leaving and where from?

Forget the coach, direct from your way will get you there quicker.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Credit where it's due. Well done. Now piss off.

The "customers" should counter-offer with free travel away from The Valley for Katrien, with a one-way ticket!
  • Options
    Perhaps they should rename this Operation Under Protest!