Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ALL TOGETHER | Free Valley Away travel for crucial Rotherham game

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

"Next weekend’s Championship game against Rotherham United is crucial, and our boys need as many Charlton supporters as possible to make some noise in the AESSEAL New York Stadium. "
    Ah yes, "We're the Charlton the mighty Charlton, we never win away","You're nothing special, we lose every week" etc :smile:
    I've only just surfaced after Saturday's debacle and reminding of those chants at Hull has set me back another 24 hours! Cheers mate :wink:

"we've had a shot, we've had a shot, we've had a shot, we've had a shot"
  • Options
    Larkfield - 6.35am?

• Options

nothing to complain about there, good idea

It's a measure of their utter inability to organise a coach service, however, that they are offering free travel based on these times, which "may change" after you have booked. The times are absurd and even more barmy if you are offering a free service, since the possibility of only running one coach is now zero. The first thing you would do is sort out the times, not leave it until later.

Larkfield – 6:35am ready to depart at 6:45am
    Gravesend – 7:10am
    Dartford – 7:25am
    Bexleyheath – 7:40am
    Bromley – 8:10am
    Eltham – 8:30am
    Charlton – 9:00am
    I agree with all that Rick, I was only saying that the actual offer is a good idea.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

RedChaser said:

"Next weekend’s Championship game against Rotherham United is crucial, and our boys need as many Charlton supporters as possible to make some noise in the AESSEAL New York Stadium. "
    Ah yes, "We're the Charlton the mighty Charlton, we never win away","You're nothing special, we lose every week" etc :smile:
    I've only just surfaced after Saturday's debacle and reminding of those chants at Hull has set me back another 24 hours! Cheers mate :wink:
    "we've had a shot, we've had a shot, we've had a shot, we've had a shot"

Sad thing is we were celebrating throw ins until we eventually got a corner :cry:
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Bubble said:

Why have they not called this an "Operation"? - that always works!

The local police in Rotherham have overdone the 'operation' thing lately.
    Ouch!
  • Options
    Can't see a massive up take for this... still good idea.
  • Options
    I'm in Canada what time is the coach leaving and where from?
  • Options
    Great idea -how long would a coach to Rotherham likely take ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    se9addick said:

Alan's a coach driver is your man :wink: however I would estimate 4.5 hours with a break from the last pick up to the ground.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

nothing to complain about there, good idea

It's a measure of their utter inability to organise a coach service, however, that they are offering free travel based on these times, which "may change" after you have booked. The times are absurd and even more barmy if you are offering a free service, since the possibility of only running one coach is now zero. The first thing you would do is sort out the times, not leave it until later.

Larkfield – 6:35am ready to depart at 6:45am
    Gravesend – 7:10am
    Dartford – 7:25am
    Bexleyheath – 7:40am
    Bromley – 8:10am
    Eltham – 8:30am
    Charlton – 9:00am
    Great idea, but obviously announced at least a week too late.

Also, as usual, the schedule is moronic.

Why would any sane person want to get on a coach that will take 1H 20M to go from Bexleyheath to Charlton, having travelled in completely the wrong direction via Bromley.

Surely, no one can defend this crass stupidity. If anyone wanted to get from Bexleyheath to Charlton they wouldn't go via Bromley.

Katrien Meire - has a brain, with pea sized, commons sense.

The demonstrations continue.
  • Options
    From the ticket office Twitter

(1/2) The pick up times for the coach from Larkfield for @OfficialRUFC away have been amended as the route has been split. #cafc

(2/2) The new pick up times are:
    Larkfield - 8.05am
    Gravesend - 8.30am
    Dartford - 8.45am
    Bexleyheath - 9.00am
    Then onto Rotherham.
    #cafc
  • Options
    Yay! They've found the other brain cell!!
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

From the ticket office Twitter

(1/2) The pick up times for the coach from Larkfield for @OfficialRUFC away have been amended as the route has been split. #cafc

(2/2) The new pick up times are:
    Larkfield - 8.05am
    Gravesend - 8.30am
    Dartford - 8.45am
    Bexleyheath - 9.00am
    Then onto Rotherham.
    #cafc

Excellent. But why oh why, do they have to read CL (probably), to realise they cock up so many things ?

Isn't there anyone running the club, with an ounce of common sense ?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

Alan's a coach driver is your man :wink: however I would estimate 4.5 hours with a break from the last pick up to the ground.
    Fair enough. I suppose if you were getting the train from Eltham it would be the best part of 4.5 hours door to door so not too bad.
  • Options
    Doubt it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

waldo said:

Seems to me that whatever 'they' do some of you will always find a reason to criticise?

Which of the criticism made on here do you think are unreasonable or excessive?

I said it is a good idea but it is poorly executed

It also comes in the context of what "they" have done before.

if you buy your wife flowers then she might feel it is a nice gesture.

if you buy your wife flowers after she caught you in bed with another women then I suspect that she won't. Context is everything.
    I'd buy my wife flowers if I caught her in bed with another woman...

• Options
    Usually I love these ideas but I don't know if i can put my son through another away day loss after a decent build up. He gets excited by the thought of a decent away day but i think Colchester killed the enthusiasm.

Also, I've done Operation Ewood, Riverside, Forest etc. and it all ends so badly!

For that reason I'm out.
  • Options
    ;)image
  • Options
    Free trains please CAFC Official and I'm in.
  • Options
    waldo said:

Seems to me that whatever 'they' do some of you will always find a reason to criticise?

well you can't possibly believe, that what the club are doing, is anything other than an attempt, to divert the flak they're getting at the moment.
  • Options
    I am not criticising them for doing this, but do think anyone who wants them to go and then accepts the offer is a hypocrite.
    After Hull & Colchester I am not prepared to go outside of London to watch them again this season.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

On the face of it a nice gesture, Can’t help thinking that Meire will milk it as much as possible. She’ll be filmed on a coach (surrounded by club shop employees), singing songs, on the journey up. If there is a small take up by “customers” it’ll prove that we don’t really care, and that our only purpose, is to give a hard time, to a girl, doing a good job in a man’s world. It’s their first publicity stunt, they’ve woken up.

Not a hope of Pinocchio being seen near a coach full of OAP customers. But, nonetheless, credit where it is due, a good move. Trouble is, given the lies pouring out the club, what chance of there actually being coaches booked on the day?
  • Options
    They're doing their best (the regime) to ensure we have plenty of opportunities to show our displeasure with them. Free travel to Rotherham and football for a fiver. Let the protests continue #DuchateletOUT #MeireOUT #MurrayOUT #WeWantOurCharltonBack
  • Options
    Nine days before the game they announce this offer. Why leave it so late?

Absolutely clueless.