Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A series of unfortunate debacles.

So a discussion started on another thread but I thought it'd be worth its own thread.

Basically a list of things that have gone wrong/been done wrong/ cock ups by this regime. Think we can allow them a few months grace as they were new to the league and admitted mistakes were made etc. So shall we say since the sacking of Bob Peeters? That gives them 8/9 months from taking over the club to realise mistakes and learn from them.

Think this would be helpful in explaining to people why we are anti the regime and what is wrong off the pitch as well as on the pitch

Some of these were posted by @SE9 ADDICK and the rest were added by me. Feel free to add in any we have missed would quite like a full list

Remember any cock ups/debacles since the sacking of Big Bob so roughly in the last year and a bit.

- 22 applications revieved and reviewed in 24 hours
- Luzon (possibly) working without a work permit
- Watford away humiliation
- Meire's Train-gate
- Luzon turns things round
- Survival
- Pre-season optimism ("this Nabby Sarr must be good - he played for Sporting Lisbon")
- Charlton fans learning that it isn't polite to call Sporting Club Sporting Lisbon
- New season starts with a bang
- New season goes rapidly down hill
- Phil Chapple leaves
- Ticket office run on a part time basis
- Luzon sacked (but I continue to follow his wife's Instagram account)
- Karel Fraeye appointed on an interim basis
- Karel Fraeye presides over one of the worst runs in the club's history
- 13 games into Fraeye's interim role we lose to Colchester, statistically the worst team in English professional football
- Laundry basket - gate

Ben Roberts left.
Bournemouth given home seats followed by food voucher debacle.
Season tickets debacle (it's all royal mails fault)
Not backing Luzon with a full squad(same mistake as with Bob the previous year)
Club shop to be turned into flats meltdown
Ticket office closed (mostly)
NHS call centre
2 fans Q&A sessions with JJ and others dragged out to placate the fans
Watt signed
Watt removed from club
Watt returned to club
Katrien interview in belgian press "fans over 60 don't matter" and "we don't care about the club's history"
Katriens infamous Web summit interview
Katie "everything I have said has been taken out of context"
Murray "we need better communication" umpteenth time we've been told this as always nothing happens.
Lose 5-0 to Huddersfield
Lose 6-0 to Hull
Yes 11 goals without reply in a week
Fraeye sacked
Riga reappointed
Johnson signed 6 months after not being good enough
3/4 West stand protests
Katrien "it's only 2%"
2%protest
Black and white campaign formed
Votv reveals poor/ unprofessional handling of Varney takeover opportunity
CARD formed
CARD protest
South stand flats
Fan removed for holding a banner
Fan allegedly banned for dropping leaflets into directors box
CL allegedly blocked on CAFC wifi

Comments

• Options
    You couldn't make it up Canters, you'd could write a book with that lot!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yet two more sackings... Floyd and Harvey.

Doh. That was before Bobby Peeters sacking wasn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sofagate?
  • Options

Sofagate?

She's a fan of SoccerAM perhaps? Maybe SoccerAM needs the Airman as a guest...
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Just as a point of order. I understand why you've introduced a grace period, but as you'd expect them to have understood their business before making changes, and because they're still making the same mistakes, I think we really should go from the very start.

You may forgive mistakes made in the grace period, but we should still acknowledge them.

Fair point.. but I didn't wanna re-hash the whole selling Kermorgant debate.. but sure why not then...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Two summer transfer windows in which we didn't sign enough players, leaving us desperate for signings the following January each time.

After realising we needed more experienced players in early 2015 we only signed young players and older players lacking experience in England in summer 2015. Which other Championship club would start a season with three young centre backs with less than 10 first team appearances in English football between them? Our only other option being a defensive midfielder (admittedly a World Cup winner) in his 30s.

Christophe Lepoint - a 30 (?) year old Belgian midfielder that had never played in England, known for his work rate, lack of pace and average technical ability. In what way was he likely to be a good signing? This was a year after they took over the club. The OS also stated he left for an undisclosed fee. The FA contract registration website shows his contract was terminated.

If you got nothing for a player, would you want to disclose that?
  • Options
    Mackle said:

-Curbs applying for the job after Peeters was sacked but the club not considering him

-Katrien admitting this to the Daily Mail, and telling the Mail that the decision to appoint Luzon over a "fans favourite" had been totally vindicated

I honestly must've missed that gem somewhere along the line
  • Options
    I was originally going to suggest we got these on a poster to stick around the ground but I now see that wouldn't work. The poster would have to be far too big and the font far too small.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Floyd and Harvey-gate or mascot gate, is a genuine one.. that Robin still freaks me the fuck out!
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Floyd and Harvey-gate or mascot gate, is a genuine one.. that Robin still freaks me the fuck out!
    I think the Robin is hilarious, it just looks permanently confused and a bit of a special snowflake.

Not knocking the kid who drew it, I'm sure it wasn't intended to look quite so fucking dumbfounded.

That said, I often look confused when watching Charlton play.. So maybe it's accurate.
    Scariest children's character since Mr Blobby!!
  • Options
    - KM to describe us fans as clients before the end of the season.