Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A series of unfortunate debacles.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Some of these would look great on one of Nug's posters.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Curb_It said:

Ive still got my Charlton water bottle.. the one that was sold in the Club shop a few years back which you couldn't get water out of unless you take the lid off. and what about how we moaned about the Charlton ducks that didn't swim, the ones that only sank to the bottom of the bath.

Do you remember those terrible problems we had way back when... and god did we whinge!

You know what they say??

• Options
    Scoham said:

Christophe Lepoint - a 30 (?) year old Belgian midfielder that had never played in England, known for his work rate, lack of pace and average technical ability. In what way was he likely to be a good signing? This was a year after they took over the club. The OS also stated he left for an undisclosed fee. The FA contract registration website shows his contract was terminated.

To make things worse, Lepoint seems to have been doing very well since returning to Belgium. He has scored 8 goals in 21 games - not bad for a midfielder. Transfermarkt (yes, I know, so don't bother saying it!) now rates him at £1.19 million, some indication that we screwed up with him in more ways than one.
  • Options
    Outsourcing the catering. Packages now cost a lot more and you get a lot less choice.
  • Options
    I believe KM was contemplating changing from red shirts to red and white stripe shirts at one time for this season but that quickly got vitoed.
  • Options
    Could have been worse, maybe red and blue striped shirts?
  • Options

Giving Proud valiants an official endorsement.
    First they disgrace the club by attending gay rallies that deliberately discriminate and refuse to accept any wrong doing.
    They then sit by and do nothing when people are abused on Charlton life on this forum.
    At the very least they should have thanked the regime for the endorsement in these regime hostile times.
    KM got it very wrong with this,self serving prejudicial group.

Eh?
  • Options

I was originally going to suggest we got these on a poster to stick around the ground but I now see that wouldn't work. The poster would have to be far too big and the font far too small.

Actually @cantersaddick not a bad idea...........a series of fly posters or leaflets at consecutive games with these bullet points would explain the story to all fans and the media would help maintain the momentum?

It could run and run as they always seem able to provide more content :smile:
  • Options

I was originally going to suggest we got these on a poster to stick around the ground but I now see that wouldn't work. The poster would have to be far too big and the font far too small.

Actually @cantersaddick not a bad idea...........a series of fly posters or leaflets at consecutive games with these bullet points would explain the story to all fans and the media would help maintain the momentum?

Oi !!

That was my idea !

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Oi !!

That was my idea !

Nobody sticks Fanny in a corner !! :-)
  • Options
    Big screen-gate. Who is Blackburn's no. 14 and no, I don't want to buy a lift.
  • Options
    Sam lloyd said:

Oi !!

That was my idea !

Nobody sticks Fanny in a corner !! :-)
    Blimey, now I'm in trouble :smile:
  • Options
    This thread has been useful in compiling an email to Katrien asking at what point her position becomes untenable.

Any more recent things to add would be great!

We have the obvious statement 1 and statement 2 directly criticising statement 1.
  • Options
    You can't really say things can only get better with this lot as they seem to make more mistakes the longer they are here. I remember when I used to dream of going back to the Valley during our nomadic days and it seemed like a fantasy that it would happen. Now I just dream the current regime can leave and ruin someone elses life.
  • Options
    Appointing a decent Head of Comms from a reputable company with a sports background and a willingness to engage with the fans (and take the heat off KM) only for RD to tell her to F.O. when he wanted something done (The Statement on the Official site) which would clearly be a resigning matter for a HOC if the warnings not to do it went unheeded.

The warning went unheeded - the subsequent resignation inevitable.
  • Options
    Announcing to the assembled press throng at his unveiling that Guy Luzon was going to be Charlton's Alex Ferguson.
    Lasted less than a year!
  • Options
    They sold the Frenchman because he was too old for a 2 year contract.
    2 years later they try to sign him on a 2.5 year deal for £100k more than they originally sold him for.

They let Morro go for nothing.
    They let Stephens go for a poxy £500k.
  • Options
    They've stayed....
  • Options
    Luzon's confirmation that transfers were out of his hands (no doubt the case for all managers before and after)

The type of replies received from Fans@cafc.co.uk or whatever it is.

continued poor performances on the pitch.

Meire smirking during the Boro game protests.

Data Tech not being invited back.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sacking Peeters, multi interviews!
    KM expecting us to accept full recruitment process, then Luzon appointed.
  • Options

They sold the Frenchman because he was too old for a 2 year contract.
    2 years later they try to sign him on a 2.5 year deal for £100k more than they originally sold him for.

They let Morro go for nothing.
    They let Stephens go for a poxy £500k.

And signed Nobby effing Sarr as his replacement for a million.
  • Options
    Failing to understand that footballers are humans which means you want the right characters to form a team