Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A series of unfortunate debacles.

Comments

• Options
    Polish Pete
  • Options
    No support ie directors at Huddersfield.
  • Options
    Several serious breaches of the DPA ("customers" emails) have occurred without acknowledgement or apology as far as I am aware.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Being Belgium.
    Or Belgian.
    And highlighting the fact that hardly anyone knows or cares about the difference.

The astonishing shameful chip scandal.

Installing blinds as a method of avoiding recognizing protests.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Making us play in white shirts and red shorts.
    Arranging one coach for places like Colchester and Fulham.
    House music in Crossbars.
  • Options
    The weather
    Those spiky bits of fingernail that hurt when you catch them on stuff
    My iPhone's battery life
  • Options
    As soon the OP put 'gate' on the end of words I lost interest.
  • Options
    *Hopes Canters replies with "my bad"*
  • Options
    Greenie said:

So much so that you made a comment on it
  • Options
    Whatever happened to the old saying the customer is always right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

Two summer transfer windows in which we didn't sign enough players, leaving us desperate for signings the following January each time.

After realising we needed more experienced players in early 2015 we only signed young players and older players lacking experience in England in summer 2015. Which other Championship club would start a season with three young centre backs with less than 10 first team appearances in English football between them? Our only other option being a defensive midfielder (admittedly a World Cup winner) in his 30s.

Christophe Lepoint - a 30 (?) year old Belgian midfielder that had never played in England, known for his work rate, lack of pace and average technical ability. In what way was he likely to be a good signing? This was a year after they took over the club. The OS also stated he left for an undisclosed fee. The FA contract registration website shows his contract was terminated.

If you got nothing for a player, would you want to disclose that?
    Better to just not make a signing like Lepoint in the first place.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Greenie said:

So much so that you made a comment on it
    Yes I did, well spotted.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Yet two more sackings... Floyd and Harvey.

Doh. That was before Bobby Peeters sacking wasn't it?

Floyd and Harvey-gate or mascot gate, is a genuine one.. that Robin still freaks me the fuck out!
    I think the Robin is hilarious, it just looks permanently confused and a bit of a special snowflake.

Not knocking the kid who drew it, I'm sure it wasn't intended to look quite so fucking dumbfounded.

That said, I often look confused when watching Charlton play.. So maybe it's accurate.
    Scariest children's character since Mr Blobby!!
    I've take it you've not seen any of the latest kids programmes...as they look like bad acid trips.

• Options

- Letting Yann go
    - Sacking SCP
    - Ringing Riga during Sheff U cup game before SCP was sacked

Sorry i must have missed something , i hadn't heard that bit before, disgraceful.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Whatever happened to the old saying the customer is always right?

No such thing, the original quote is "the customer is never wrong" which basically means no matter how bloody wrong the customer is, you can't tell them "no you're wrong" but you certainly don't have to tell them they're right
  • Options
    Missed It said:

My particular favourite was when they sacked the company that handled the programme selling on behalf of the club, without realising that the point of sale trolleys belonged to the company and not Charlton. Ms Meire then had the barefaced cheek to ask if she could 'borrow' them anyway - she was promptly to to do one!

Wow, I'd never heard that before. That's absolutely quality - she really is completely inept.
  • Options
    The most recent ridiculous 'please come to The Valley and bring all your mates' email with all 40 or whatever it was people contacted's private email addresses copied in. Genius.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Greenie said:

My bad! ;)
    Surely its 'My bad gate' ?
  • Options
    Ive still got my Charlton water bottle.. the one that was sold in the Club shop a few years back which you couldn't get water out of unless you take the lid off. and what about how we moaned about the Charlton ducks that didn't swim, the ones that only sank to the bottom of the bath.

Do you remember those terrible problems we had way back when... and god did we whinge!

You know what they say??
  • Options

*Hopes Canters replies with "my bad"*

Greenie said:

My bad! ;)
    Thank you.

I've been waiting for that all morning - I can get back to work now... :-)
  • Options
    Although it happened before Bob was removed, you need to add the appointment of Katrien Meire as CEO and to run the Club. She arrived with absolutely no knowledge or experience of football as a game or as a business, with none of the experience or qualities required to run a multi million pound Business. This was a clear admission by Duchatalet that he would sit in Belgium and make all decisions through her inexperienced unsuitable career history and ability.
    Having failed to convince the Belgians about his strange political ideas, he has come up with his ideas for running a successful football Club. After two years, and two furtive visits, this time he is again facing failure. In 70 years of watching and loving football I have never come across a situation where one man through his stupidity is killing a Club. GO CARD.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    An Owner who couldn't care less and a CEO who lies all the time.
  • Options
    Anil Koc debacle
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Ive still got my Charlton water bottle.. the one that was sold in the Club shop a few years back which you couldn't get water out of unless you take the lid off. and what about how we moaned about the Charlton ducks that didn't swim, the ones that only sank to the bottom of the bath.

Do you remember those terrible problems we had way back when... and god did we whinge!

You know what they say??

never eat yellow snow?
  • Options
    Possible future debacles.

Our last three home games are against Derby, Brighton and Burnley who at the moment are in the promotion/play off mix.

Maybe our CEO is a great admirer of these clubs (like Bournemouth last season) and wants to give their fans a special day out at the Valley so again will be selling out her own supporters, sorry customers, so she can give the upper west to the away fans.

Cue another catering voucher debacle times three.
  • Options
    Andy Delort? Was a forum thing but still incredible.

Heartbreak central over a beachball player being paraded on Wigans pitch.