Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham v Charlton | Sat 30 Jan | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Out first must win of the season

1-1
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    We absolutely have to win this, no excuses. A draw is worthless. If other results go our way a win could take us within a point of getting out of the soup, and we absolutely have to beat the teams around us. After this match we have four theoretically winnable games in a row, starting with Bristol City. They'll be tough but the impetus we could have going into Bristol City at home with a win against a relegation rival could kick start us back up again. This is such a big game.
  • Options
    Need a win. Won't get it. 2-0 Rotherham. Relgation tailspin continues.
  • Options
    6-0 Charlton
  • Options

We absolutely have no win this, no excuses. A draw is worthless. If other results go our way a win could take us within a point of getting out of the soup, and we absolutely have to beat the teams around us. After this match we have four theoretically winnable games in a row, starting with Bristol City. They'll be tough but the impetus we could have going into Bristol City at home with a win against a relegation rival could kick start us back up again. This is such a big game.

Did you mean 'to'? Perhaps right the first time...
  • Options

Out first must win of the season

1-1

First???

0-0 I think, with 3 players sent off/crocked during the game (2 from one side and 1 from the other).
  • Options
    At the end of the Season, this game will be looked upon as the pivotal match, which either turned our season around are confirmed the trapdoor was opening ? The trapdoor is Cafc to win 3-1 and we live to fight another day,on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    do we have an idea how many are going or how many tickets sold? - group of ten of us taking advantage of free travel, hoping it will be a decent turnout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rotherham have just signed Andrew Shinnie (Midfielder) on loan from Birmingham City
  • Options
    Rotherham have had at least one win recently, so better form than us. We'll be lucky to get a draw.
  • Options
    A must win, with that said 0-0
  • Options

Blucher said:

It will be tough. Rotherham will justifiably be favourites, as they've won 5 of the last 7 games. Self-evidently, this is a game we dare not lose.

According to press reports, Lookman will be in contention, so hopefully he'll be available on the bench to give us another attacking option.

Er, shouldn't that be 3 in their last 10 games!

The weird thing is that their wins have been over Bolton (expected), but then also Brighton and Hull!

You're quite right - a schoolboy error on my part ! They've won 3 of the last 7 - not 5 (and, as you say, lost the 3 games before that). Let's hope they replicate their performance against QPR, rather than those against Hull and Brighton. I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up 1-1, like our last three encounters.
  • Options
    1-1 draw .
  • Options
    Agree with most of the posts this is a MUST win for us a draw isn't much good. My worry is that whilst we looked more organised against Blackburn we didn't hardly create anything and you have to do that to score.

I am going for an optimistic 1-0 to us but am thinking a draw is more likely.
  • Options
    Rotherham is the first of the next 8 games that are winnable, (he says hopefully), anything less than 12 points means trouble
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    This is a massive game. Must win, but they are quite a solid team now...1-1.
  • Options
    The last two scintilating 1-1 home draws do not fool me... Rotherham home win!
    2-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See the free travel offer has had people flocking to this one!

• Options
    2-1 defeat.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I've got two bogey teams left out of teams I've seen us play...Gillingham and Rotherham. Never seen us beat either of them. Can't see us winning on Saturday I'm afraid.

PS: Can anyone remember a season without us getting a league penalty?

Rotherham April 1968: my first home game. We won 4-1. They were managed by Tommy Docherty at that point and had a young Dave Watson playing as centre-forward (before he became an England centre-half). Saw us beat Gillingham 3-1 in 1974/1975 too, so neither are bogey teams for me.

Can we win on Saturday? Yes, but I'd settle for a draw and be overjoyed with a win. I'd say we've got better players......but the Rotherham squad may be better suited to digging themselves out of relegation. Riga needs to think tactics and motivation.

Quite a roll call of ex-Charlton people there - Redfearn + Hughes + Wood + Richardson + Halford. I also think that Matt Derbyshire and Leon Best will take some containing.
  • Options
    I have no idea why, but I think we can win this and win well.....2-0 Addicks..... match thread from 2 pm......Watt will score at least one..you heard it hear first!!
  • Options
    Rotherham 1 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I've got two bogey teams left out of teams I've seen us play...Gillingham and Rotherham. Never seen us beat either of them. Can't see us winning on Saturday I'm afraid.

PS: Can anyone remember a season without us getting a league penalty?

Someone brought that up the other day on FB. Our onl pen this season was in the Cap1 at Peterborough.
  • Options
    I'm usually positive but seeing who the blooming ref is we will get beat.
  • Options

I have no idea why, but I think we can win this and win well.....2-0 Addicks..... match thread from 2 pm......Watt will score at least one..you heard it hear first!!

Oh go on then, I'll agree with you.
  • Options
    Two nil to Rotherham.
    1-1 is the best we can hope for, sadly