Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum Tonight?

Comments

• Options

It seems excessive by any standards to go through 5 managers in 2 years.
    Yeah, but nevertheless they proved to be right...the right decision every time.
    Because we improved always our ranking...and our results. KM Fans Forum November 2015

With the exception of Jose Riga’s departure in the summer of 2014, the on-pitch performances of our head coaches have been below expectations. However, these appointments have been made in good faith and in line with our overall strategy of making Charlton a competitive Championship club. While they may not have worked out in the long-term we made the best interests of the club at the time. Club Communication Fans Forum January 2016
  • Options

Addickted said:

PL54 said:

So is it a NHS call centre or not ?

Quite clearly it's not. It's part of CACT.

The Club could have cleared that one up as soon as information on this 'call centre' was in the public domain. I'm also surprised no one on here with links to CACT cleared up the situation either.

Responsibility for public health (anti-smoking campaigns, etc) was transferred from the NHS to local councils in 2013. CACT is contracted to run certain public health functions for Greenwich Council, which includes calling members of the public, and has chosen to do this from The Valley.
    Are those health check-ups it mentions ultimately delivered by Greenwich Council or NHS staff?
  • Options

You may have answered your own question there cafc-west.

How about getting a load of small cards/stiff paper printed with one or two large words on them such as "Roland Out" etc. At a given time everyone can hold up the card/paper. The club have laid on something like this before i.e. Curbs last game and we all know it is done in stadiums around the world to spell out large words, tributes etc.

Small enough to conceal from stewards, large enough to have an effect when held up in unison. Plus they can be re-used if saved.

I trust you've kept your "we are the 2%" card, then?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

It seems excessive by any standards to go through 5 managers in 2 years. Yeah, but nevertheless they proved to be right...the right decision every time. Because we improved always our ranking...and our results. KM Fans Forum November 2015

With the exception of Jose Riga’s departure in the summer of 2014, the on-pitch performances of our head coaches have been below expectations. However, these appointments have been made in good faith and in line with our overall strategy of making Charlton a competitive Championship club. While they may not have worked out in the long-term we made the best interests of the club at the time. Club Communication Fans Forum January 2016

How can anyone with honesty claim appointing Karel Fraeye was in "the best interests of the club at the time". Even accepting he was an interim it was a crazy gamble and one which will probably cost us relegation. And but for the utter capitulations at Huddersfield and Hull (which increasing has the whiff of a player revolt) and the increasing fan hostility he would probably still be here.

I would have a sniff of respect were someone to be honest and admit: "You know what? We got that one wrong. We are sorry." But not a chance. Keep lying and eventually people will accept what you say as fact.
  • Options

Addickted said:

PL54 said:

So is it a NHS call centre or not ?

Quite clearly it's not. It's part of CACT.

The Club could have cleared that one up as soon as information on this 'call centre' was in the public domain. I'm also surprised no one on here with links to CACT cleared up the situation either.

Responsibility for public health (anti-smoking campaigns, etc) was transferred from the NHS to local councils in 2013. CACT is contracted to run certain public health functions for Greenwich Council, which includes calling members of the public, and has chosen to do this from The Valley.
    Are those health check-ups it mentions ultimately delivered by Greenwich Council or NHS staff?
    The anti-smoking work will certainly involve GPs, although I think the Get Active stuff is CACT themselves: http://www.cact.org.uk/what-we-do/health-improvement/call-centre/

Certainly is typically disingenuous of KM to claim it isn't an NHS call centre when it is a call centre performing functions on behalf of NHS-linked bodies.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Did they say what happens when the owner dies? Eg who will own starprix?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a load of old rubbish. If they think this will placate us they are very wrong.

They seem to be very proud of the increased player budget, so you would expect that to be reflected in the results. It isn't so can't they see that what they're doing is wrong.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

Did they say what happens when the owner dies? Eg who will own starprix?!

I believe in his will he's bequeathing the debt to the people on CL who've most annoyed him :smile:
    I almost mis-read that and thought it said... to the people on CL who've mostly annoyed us (on his behalf).

Was going to say that Colin must be getting ready for the post as we speak!!
  • Options

MrLargo said:

They seem to be very proud of the increased player budget, so you would expect that to be reflected in the results. It isn't so can't they see that what they're doing is wrong.

She boasted about the £9m net spend on players at the meeting in November as well, which I thought was odd. Like boasting that you've spent £9m turning The Savoy into a 2 star youth hostel.
    She's never said the £9m on players was net spend. Indeed she admitted it wasn't. The presentation is confused because it is unclear whether the income from transfers has been used to offset the operating loss or whether it is outside the total that it is claimed has been invested. The tortuous wording of the Joyes programme statement on this suggested that some of the total "invested" had come from player sales. Given that these "assets" were in the business when RD acquired it that would be highly misleading, but it is unclear.
    Noted, I definitely recall her referring to spending £9m on players, presume it must have been without taking player sales into account. Either that or I've imagined the entire thing.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

She boasted about the £9m net spend on players at the meeting in November as well, which I thought was odd. Like boasting that you've spent £9m turning The Savoy into a 2 star youth hostel.
    She's never said the £9m on players was net spend. Indeed she admitted it wasn't. The presentation is confused because it is unclear whether the income from transfers has been used to offset the operating loss or whether it is outside the total that it is claimed has been invested. The tortuous wording of the Joyes programme statement on this suggested that some of the total "invested" had come from player sales. Given that these "assets" were in the business when RD acquired it that would be highly misleading, but it is unclear.
    Noted, I definitely recall her referring to spending £9m on players, presume it must have been without taking player sales into account. Either that or I've imagined the entire thing.
    Yeah, it was spend but not offset by income.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She is so disrespectful to the other forum members.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Dansk_Red said:
    Katrien's looking good.

Tony really does look dweeby.
  • Options

Accepting that it's partly a function of the FF members sending apologies, there is a pretty absurd ratio of staff to fans at that meeting.

Safety in numbers