Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum Tonight?

Comments

• Options

rikofold said:

They won't say what they've received in transfer income and allow people to conclude there is a net spend on transfers of £9m. That's not what Joyes actually says - he's just offset the income against operating losses and left the spending as a standalone item. So still no clarity over what the net spend on players is.

I've challenged this again with David Joyes this morning, but not got a reply just yet.

The other part of this is that the £25m headline figure includes repayment of the Lombard loan, but presumably that debt was taken into account in the price RD paid for the club. So its presence here is perhaps double counting for presentational purposes.
    I think it's very clear what he means, but he won't articulate it because he knows the next question would be what the actual net figure on transfers is, which they are not prepared to disclose. He knows it's been misunderstood in their favour so he lets it lie. I agree re the Lombard loan. He's also omitting to mention the fact that part of the "investment" will have been to cover the interest RD is charging himself.
    Do you think we will see it in the accounts when they are published?
  • Options
    Watching it, noticed the discussion about the help from the England doctor, with his background with ballet...

Can we expect to hear the Covered End sing "Pas de deux, pas de deux, pas de deux!!!" or "He's going to die in a minute, die in a minute!", watching the next performance?
  • Options
    @rikofold Regarding the 'statements' from the club in the handout you received at the beginning of the meeting, presumably will you be able to raise any issues you feel need further clarity, under 'matters arising' at the the next FF gathering?
  • Options
    @rikofold kudos to yourself and Christine(?) beside you at the meeting - not that you'd get a straight answer.
  • Options
    Checked the new comms manager on Linked-in.
    She has very little comms experience but lots of accounting experience, so ticks all the Belgian boxes.

• Options

I love that Tony Keohane talked about the element of trust (though I'm struggling to find it in the Periodic Table).

Because he knows all about trust doesn't he??

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    She's been an account manager, for Saatchi and Saatchi among other ad firms, which whilst neither overwhelming nor an obvious qualification for a Head of Comms role isn't 'accounting'. Will have had more to do with client relationship I imagine, but it's the territory of @PragueAddick so perhaps he can clarify.

But of course you never know how anyone's going to work out so no point in putting any effort into finding someone with a suitable background.

More to the point, one might observe there was some evidence of the Duchatelet school of putting someone inexperienced in a role they'd have no hope of getting elsewhere, thus reaping eternal loyalty. I couldn't possibly comment, of course, but I do hope Ms Baroni isn't of that school.
  • Options

I spent 1hr 38mins watching it while at work, my boss will be pleased :)

Fortunately your boss could not be more passionate, etc etc
  • Options

I spent 1hr 38mins watching it while at work, my boss will be pleased :)

Any vacancies?
    Patience...
  • Options
    account managers can be a godsend for, say, an artist in a creative agency. Good ones manage your workload nicely so you can feel relaxed enough to do good creative work but enough urgency to get the job done. For a head of comms position at a football club... it would probably suit some one more in a PR or journalism background...
  • Options
    Hard to watch KM speak.
  • Options
    Katrien, what do you say to the fans assertion that, and I quote, "You're not fit to, you're not fit to, you're not fit to run a club?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One small point, no personal disparaging comments on people's appearances please.

Rip into what they say, or do, or don't do, but grateful if you could leave looks etc out of it. Thank you

Mea culpa....
  • Options
    But then again, Tony's no oil painting...
  • Options

One small point, no personal disparaging comments on people's appearances please.

Rip into what they say, or do, or don't do, but grateful if you could leave looks etc out of it. Thank you

Mea culpa....
    Yellow carded; just say Solly :wink:
  • Options
    Head of comms is a major sort apart from that a very boring and long vid
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

The head of comms isn't there.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Just watched over an hour of the squirrel-face and I feel even angrier than ever. Her lack of respect, tone of voice and facial expressions all reveal the 'little girl' that she really is. Her condescending words to the lady on her left (Christine?) are outrageous. Thank goodness she plugged on with her questions because she was trying to raise the issues that concern us all! Aptly supported by Rikofold. Wow, you have the patience of a saint with Meire. Respect and thanks.
    As for her response to the Dublin interview reaction, does she realise that we have all watched it? What a muppet she is, if she really believes that we should all have to participate in a game of 'guess the meaning or implication' to be sure we have fully understood her! As for 'Mandy' and her paving the way to a better job by supporting the boss, it is cringe-worthy to watch. She should be ashamed when she watches it back. Packing the room with employees at a FF says it all.
    I cannot believe that they gave out the handout at the meeting. Meire will come to regret allowing the FF to be videoed because, yet again, she looks a fool who tells lies.
    Poor Mick's body language and eye rolling said a lot as well.

Christine Lawrie - yes she was excellent last night. Determined not to let the club off the hook.
    She'd make a much better CEO...
  • Options

@seth plum

I have noticed that recently your language has deteriorated. You used to be such a gentleman ;9)

Noted.
    Will strive.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

The head of comms isn't there.
    head of commercial