Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum Tonight?

Comments

• Options
    What a croc of shit
  • Options
    Thanks rikofold for the hard work. We will win in the end. Hopefully tomorrow as well!
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

MrLargo said:

Who on earth is the woman talking about people "misinterpretating" [sic] KM's Dublin comments?

Don't know who she is, but the fact the Katrien needs her staff to stuck up for her because she's too thick to defend herself (not too mention being in an indefensible position)just further demonstrates how out of her depth she is.
    I've had to go in to a meeting so I haven't got that far; is she the one sitting next to "Tony The Testicle"? She looked pretty tasty.
    Fully agree with you!!

But no, it's not her but the one sitting next to her.
  • Options
    I was hoping that someone would ask what the rationale was for appointing Karel Fraeye...
  • Options

One small point, no personal disparaging comments on people's appearances please.

Rip into what they say, or do, or don't do, but grateful if you could leave looks etc out of it. Thank you

Sorry...

• Options
    Fully agree with the learned Addick from Royal Tunbridge Wells - well said.
  • Options
    Having watched it all - I'm beginning to think that I'd be in favour of a match (preferably Reading) where fans chant against the regime.

If I was behind a takeover, I'd get rid of the entire SMT.
  • Options

Having watched it all - I'm beginning to think that I'd be in favour of a match (preferably Reading) where fans chant against the regime.

If I was behind a takeover, I'd get rid of the entire SMT.

For the whole 90 minutes....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"whenever we sign a player its like hiring an employee, we don't know what they're going to be like"

Most sensible people would want to know exactly what they were buying, especially when spending the large sums needed to buy football players. That statement shows she is not fit to be in control of the player budget.

Chris Powell said on TalkSport that Curbs would speak to other people in the game to find out about a players personality and mentality before signing him, to make sure that he fitted in to the team.
  • Options
    Katrien is just awful. The way she answers questions and concerns.
    Wish she was as ugly as her behavior.
  • Options
    Who is the new doctor that got mentioned? Did I hear that he works with the England team?
  • Options

"whenever we sign a player its like hiring an employee, we don't know what they're going to be like"

Most sensible people would want to know exactly what they were buying, especially when spending the large sums needed to buy football players. That statement shows she is not fit to be in control of the player budget.

She says sometimes, not whenever and that is an important distinction. And what she says is true. Certainly some clubs or companies do a much better job than CAFC of making sure they hire the right person, but it is also true that background checks, interviews etc. can still miss things about a person that only come to light once you are working with them and really get to know them.

To be fair, I'm not sure the club have really signed any bad characters - Reza's commitment could, at times, be questioned and there are obviously a lot of rumours about Tony Watt, but have any of the others turned out to be just bad eggs? Players like Bauer, Big Mak and Astrit seem to have settled into the dressing room very well in terms of their personality.

The question on how well they'll adapt to English football physically is harder to answer before they arrive. The point about having a track record of playing lots of games in a season is a good start though. It shouldn't have taken this long for them to realise and had they had more people with english league experience around the place they could have already known it, but I don't see that response is particularly controversial.

Lets also not over romanticise it and pretend every single Curbishley signing was an roaring success - we had a fair few flops to go with the numerous gems, even more so once we started dipping into foreign markets.

The managerial appointments stand up far less well to scrutiny.
  • Options
    Holy shit the club has a head of ticketing?!?!!! It's another lie I don't believe it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Holy shit the club has a head of ticketing?!?!!! It's another lie I don't believe it

Yes, you saw her and we all know too well the shambles that is now ticketing!
  • Options
    Christine Lawrie and @rikofold were brilliant.

The club do not have a clue ( just listen to the responses to the ticket office and POTY). When you listen the club responses you have to remind yourself we are 2nd bottom, the way they boast about their investment you would think we are on the brink of the Champions League.

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Just watched this haven't read any comments.

I started to sympathise with the club and was happy some rumours were put clear. But the longer it went on the more angry I was getting. They are sooooo defensive! Seriously put our back 4 in a room with them to learn a thing or two!

That woman in the corner was shaking, it was a shame because she had very valid points but wasn't very good at communicating them, you could see her getting wound up, luckily the guy next to her ( don't know who he is but BRAVO!) he was the highlight for me. Was able to both support her and also better phrase what she was saying, but Katriens facial experssions and attitude is just unbelievable.

I had a meeting today with a massive corporations HR department regarding my departure, I told them some home truths not as a disgruntled employee but as a happy employee leaving for a lot more cash. And although they didn't like what they were hearing, they accepted they were detached from the ground and agreed the points raised were to help the company not to slander it.

The turnover of this company is billions so Cafc is a taxi cab company by comparison, and if I had got the response and reaction in that meeting that these fans representatives got I would have walked out halfway through.

They just don't fucking get it!!! They are treating this like they are the victim and we are the villains, they don't see the seriousness of the situation.

I'm raging I can't type anymore.

I can't wait to step up the protests! Prepare for all out war!

I will now read others thought perhaps I'm over reacting or reading it like the Dublin interview, and misunderstanding due to translation or what ever excuse she has this time!!

What they say though is that they are "rumours", which is a meaningless deflection. There are plenty of people who know the truth about the intent to hire the Ujpest manager, for example, and she says it is a "rumour". Indeed it is, but it's also true.
  • Options
    Just watched it. My main concern is the fact that KM and the finance officer (David Joyes?) were both banging on about 'breaking even' and although the possibility of this ever happening was pointed out (as we would all agree) as being obviously remote by Rikofold, they are actually serious. This is not new but to openly repeat this enthusiastically in public is worrying. This will lead us to years of grief until they (well RD) change their tactics or hopefully sell up.
    As usual Katrien was disingenuous with most of her answers but did not come out with an obvious (new) lie except when she said that the Ujpest manager taking over was a rumour as she had (maybe with others) made a point to RD of vetoing his new 'idea'!
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Just watched this haven't read any comments.

I started to sympathise with the club and was happy some rumours were put clear. But the longer it went on the more angry I was getting. They are sooooo defensive! Seriously put our back 4 in a room with them to learn a thing or two!

That woman in the corner was shaking, it was a shame because she had very valid points but wasn't very good at communicating them, you could see her getting wound up, luckily the guy next to her ( don't know who he is but BRAVO!) he was the highlight for me. Was able to both support her and also better phrase what she was saying, but Katriens facial experssions and attitude is just unbelievable.

I had a meeting today with a massive corporations HR department regarding my departure, I told them some home truths not as a disgruntled employee but as a happy employee leaving for a lot more cash. And although they didn't like what they were hearing, they accepted they were detached from the ground and agreed the points raised were to help the company not to slander it.

The turnover of this company is billions so Cafc is a taxi cab company by comparison, and if I had got the response and reaction in that meeting that these fans representatives got I would have walked out halfway through.

They just don't fucking get it!!! They are treating this like they are the victim and we are the villains, they don't see the seriousness of the situation.

I'm raging I can't type anymore.

I can't wait to step up the protests! Prepare for all out war!

I will now read others thought perhaps I'm over reacting or reading it like the Dublin interview, and misunderstanding due to translation or what ever excuse she has this time!!

What they say though is that they are "rumours", which is a meaningless deflection. There are plenty of people who know the truth about the intent to hire the Ujpest manager, for example, and she says it is a "rumour". Indeed it is, but it's also true.
    Yes there body language and back tracking for want of a better expression started to make it more clear they were covering stuff up.
    They almost had me convinced, and some fans would watch this and say all is good again, no actually let me rephrase that!

If Katriens was removed from this video ALLOT of fans would be happier after this video!

She is the protests biggest weapon!
  • Options

Surely KM would benefit from someone just telling her not to laugh in response to every question

Yep
  • Options
    Feeling disheartened after watching some of that and reading all the comments. How, really, do we get them to sell if they don't want to? They can ignore our protests.